Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Tonks seems to have a new hairpiece, right?

It could be the one used by Starfire in the Dimensions pack.

That's the same book we've heard of before, isn't it? If I recall correctly, the description also mentioned Sirius :classic: Maybe we'll get our first glimpse of his overdue redesign in there. Or maybe it's just a picture of that wanted poster from the Hogwarts express set :tongue:

Tonks and Kingsley are very welcome if they are coming, though Kingsley definitely needs his hat!

7 minutes ago, Ultron said:

Tonks and Kingsley are very welcome if they are coming, though Kingsley definitely needs his hat!

I agree, he's very rarely seen without it (I think he looses it during the Battle of Hogwarts?). It wouldn't be a perfect match, but either the sailor's or butcher's hat from the CMF would be close enough I think :wink:

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

I agree, he's very rarely seen without it (I think he looses it during the Battle of Hogwarts?). It wouldn't be a perfect match, but either the sailor's or butcher's hat from the CMF would be close enough I think :wink:

Maybe even the captain boomerang from TLBM?

7 hours ago, Geertos13 said:

Sorry for the huge pictures, didn't manage to resize them. If this has already been posted somewhere feel free to remove it. Those few pages are from the Harry Potter Characters books. Since it released yesterday I allowed myself to post them here.

The book contains all characters, all in their official 2018 version, (including the upcoming Bricktober Slughorn) but it also features what seems to be Tonks and Kingsley's final designs.

Thanks for the pictures, are they the only two in the book that do not have a minifig yet?

I’ve seen that book at target and looked trough the entire thing. Those two pages are not in the 2018 book. It must be a second book for 2019. All of the characters in the 2018 book were released as minifigures this year. I was specifically looking for characters we haven’t gotten yet to see their designs and I would have remembered these. It’s possible I accidentally skipped a page but I doubt it. That’s odd.

Ok I figured it out. There’s a Target exclusive book titled “Witches and Wizards Of Hogwarts Handbook” and there’s another one titled “Witches and Wizards Character Handbook”. Both have the exact same cover and style. I only looked through the target version. That’s interesting.

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

I ordered the Great Hall two days ago with the HP Bricktober pack at Toysrus (I live in Germany). Now they emailed me that the Bricktober pack could not be sent. ARE. YOU. KIDDING. ME?

Because I ordered it at toysrus i paid more than I had to and didn‘t get any profits. Wow.

Is there anything I can do to still get it without having to buy anything else? Because when I ordered everything it didn‘t say „out of stock“ or something like that.

Edited by topiku

1 minute ago, topiku said:

I ordered the Great Hall two days ago with the HP Bricktober pack at Toysrus (I live in Germany). Now they emailed me that the Bricktober pack could not be sent. ARE. YOU. KIDDING. ME?

Because I ordered it at toysrus i paid more than I had to and didn‘t get any profits. Wow

I would return it. Say you didn’t get the offer you were promised so you don’t want their product

2 hours ago, topiku said:

Because I ordered it at toysrus i paid more than I had to and didn‘t get any profits. Wow.

Is there anything I can do to still get it without having to buy anything else? Because when I ordered everything it didn‘t say „out of stock“ or something like that.

Classic TRU customer service. Honestly not surprised they went broke.

My sister lives in Hamburg and she went to Toys r Us to pick me one up today but they’d sold out on Tuesday. These are going as quick as there coming in. 

9 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

That's the same book we've heard of before, isn't it? If I recall correctly, the description also mentioned Sirius :classic: Maybe we'll get our first glimpse of his overdue redesign in there. Or maybe it's just a picture of that wanted poster from the Hogwarts express set :tongue:

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Thanks for the pictures, are they the only two in the book that do not have a minifig yet?

In the book Sirius appears almost identical to his original Poa minifigure , same torso and almost completely same head, he does have Snape's hair piece however. 

40452946_520266368399197_3708399845698961408_n.jpg

Edited by Geertos13

Hm, looks dangerously close to the last version and nothing like the one depicted on the wanted poster in the Hogwarts Express set :oh3: Moreover, Kingsley and Tonks are suspiciously similar to their videogame counterparts, down to Kingsley'l missing hat (Tonks' hairpiece on the other hand is different). Considering all that, I doubt these are previews of upcoming minifigs...

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Hm, looks dangerously close to the last version and nothing like the one depicted on the wanted poster in the Hogwarts Express set :oh3: Moreover, Kingsley and Tonks are suspiciously similar to their videogame counterparts, down to Kingsley'l missing hat (Tonks' hairpiece on the other hand is different). Considering all that, I doubt these are previews of upcoming minifigs...

Same. If Sirius looks anything like that terrible incarnation, I'd be rather disappointed. Tonks and Kingsley are less shocking to me. Why LEGO bothers making a book with figures they'll redesign afterwards, I don't know. Doesn't seem too clever either way, but then again LEGO's marketing has always struck me as contradictory. :laugh: The book also has a poster at the end though, with a "drawing" of all minifigures, and only officially released figures are featured in there, which suggests those pics don't predict anything.

1 hour ago, Geertos13 said:

In the book Sirius appears almost identical to his original Poa minifigure , same torso and almost completely same head, he does have Snape's hair piece however. 

*snap*

Well that looks terrible...

39 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Well that looks terrible...

That’s only because it’s the old version, just with a new twist with the updated hairpiece. A new Sirius minifigure would not look like that

There is a new book coming next year including a Hermione minifig.

JlinsRg.png

Regarding the pictures of the figures... I think Sirius looks OK. Tonks and Kinglsey look pretty good, but they aren't characters I am in any rush for. Tonks' hair is a bad choice, though. Maybe it was the only one in that colour?

2 hours ago, LegoSims20 said:

There is a new book coming next year including a Hermione minifig.

[SNIP]

Regarding the pictures of the figures... I think Sirius looks OK. Tonks and Kinglsey look pretty good, but they aren't characters I am in any rush for. Tonks' hair is a bad choice, though. Maybe it was the only one in that colour?

Wow nice find, hopefully it’s not the standard version like Harry