Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

When do normal shops get info on what sets they can order in winter 2019? When they do it should be easy enough to find out if we get any WW sets this winter. Probably around now since there is a lot of set names leaking :shrug_oh_well: Most likely just place-holders and not pictures of the sets, but at least we would know if and a minimum number of sets..

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

They aren’t based 100% on the movies. Little details in the sets come from the books instead, like Dumbledore holding socks in the Mirror of Erised and the hourglasses on the wall in 71043. 

Dumbledore mentions he sees socks in the movie, and the house points glasses are on the wall in movies 1-2 as well as in the video games and wizarding world of HP (which they based the set on). 

2 hours ago, MAB said:

A seller on bricklink has these two 48x48 mosaics. They are only available in Singapore, like the similar Iron Man one from earlier in the year. 

469240.jpg469242.jpg

I want the Hermione one!

38 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Chill dude he’s just relaying information. Innocent until proven guilty

Someone on IG got the Diagon Alley set with no explanation of how. Anyone have any info?

He hasn't been told anything. He's making it up. DA is out in Slovania. 

Edited by LegoSims20

6 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

Dumbledore mentions he sees socks in the movie, and the house points glasses are on the wall in movies 1-2 as well as in the video games and wizarding world of HP (which they based the set on). 

I want the Hermione one!

All we know is one was found at a Lego store in Slovenia. Doesn’t mean it was supposed to be there. And you don’t know that he’s making it up. Don’t accuse people of things when you have no clue. Take it with a grain of salt but don’t accuse

17 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

And you don’t know that he’s making it up. Don’t accuse people of things when you have no clue. Take it with a grain of salt but don’t accuse

I do know, and don't tell me what to do or not to do.

---------------------

I saw a poster for Lego HP in my city centre today on a big sign, they are really pushing promo for this theme! Much more than any other theme. It is also the main picture on the front cover of Smyths' toy Winter catalogue. 

5 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

I do know, and don't tell me what to do or not to do.

---------------------

I saw a poster for Lego HP in my city centre today on a big sign, they are really pushing promo for this theme! Much more than any other theme. It is also the main picture on the front cover of Smyths' toy Winter catalogue. 

You know nothing Jon Snow. It’s common courtesy to give people the benefit of the doubt unless they have proven that they don’t deserve it. For all you know he’s telling the truth and it’s this other guy that’s messing with him and he’s just relaying the information. You have no inside information so you don’t “know” anything. Take it with a grain of salt, but don’t be unnecessarily disrespectful. Maybe he’s making it up. But maybe he’s not. You don’t know, and claiming you do doesn’t convince anyone.

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

9 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

You know nothing Jon Snow. It’s common courtesy to give people the benefit of the doubt unless they have proven that they don’t deserve it. For all you know he’s telling the truth and it’s this other guy that’s messing with him and he’s just relaying the information. You have no inside information so you don’t “know” anything. Take it with a grain of salt, but don’t be unnecessarily disrespectful. Maybe he’s making it up. But maybe he’s not. You don’t know, and claiming you do doesn’t convince anyone.

DO NOT speak to me like that. 

2 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

DO NOT speak to me like that. 

Dude seriously calm down. I’m not insulting you. I’m just telling it like it is.

It’s nice knowing that there will be more sets coming. I’m curious to see if Lego’s teaser for Sirius Black will play out in this wave and he come in a set. I think it would also be safe to assume that lego is use the new short bendable leg mold in these sets as I doubt they would create a totally new mold like that for the cmf series but completely skip over it in the sets

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It’s nice knowing that there will be more sets coming. I’m curious to see if Lego’s teaser for Sirius Black will play out in this wave and he come in a set. I think it would also be safe to assume that lego is use the new short bendable leg mold in these sets as I doubt they would create a totally new mold like that for the cmf series but completely skip over it in the sets

I’m hoping there’s going to be a pair of medium legs in tan so I can replace Hermione’s from the Hogwarts Express. And I would expect Sirius Black for sure but I guess we won’t know for sure for a while

Actually it might not be that long now if we really are getting a winter wave

I’m really tired of people claiming to know everything. Let’s not make assumptions, that’s how bad rumors get started. Take information with a grain of salt, but why be disrespectful when no one has all the information? Lego has released wishlisty sounding sets before, it’s not completely out of the question. Don’t be rude, don’t be a diva, just listen to information, take it as speculation unless it’s from a reliable source, and role with it. Only time will tell what sets are really going to happen and when. People need to stop claiming they know things for a fact unless they actually do. The person in question merely said they were relaying information they got from somebody else. Let’s not call him a liar without knowing. It might sound far fetched to people but that’s no reason to automatically shut him up. Let people talk.

38 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Actually it might not be that long now if we really are getting a winter wave

Sorry, I've just got back from holiday at the weekend and couldn't be bothered reading all of the thread that I'd missed, what sets are rumoured for this winter wave?

4 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Sorry, I've just got back from holiday at the weekend and couldn't be bothered reading all of the thread that I'd missed, what sets are rumoured for this winter wave?

None specifically yet. The only reliable rumor we have so far is that there will be at least five Wizarding World sets released this winter. 

10 hours ago, Legoniche said:

No it’s not ‘fake’ it’s what I’ve been told by a higher up Builder from the Lego group then again he has the advantage of knowing me so he could just be screwing we’ll soon find out 

The only thing about what you said that sounds far fetched to me is having two time turners. Then again, by nature, the time turner can be in two places at once. It would really only make sense if it came with two Harry’s and two Hermione’s

Someone mentioned they were a bit stingy on animal molds, but I think we've gotten some good ones.  Unfortunately we've gotten some that are only partial molds as well, like heads for brick-built bodies, but hopefully more molds for animals will be used in future waves.

7 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Someone mentioned they were a bit stingy on animal molds, but I think we've gotten some good ones.  Unfortunately we've gotten some that are only partial molds as well, like heads for brick-built bodies, but hopefully more molds for animals will be used in future waves.

Personally, I like that approach. When it’s all one big mold it’s almost not legoey enough if that makes sense. It looks more realistic but doesn’t feel like Lego sometimes. I like the part brick built part molded creatures because you get the realism but you also have something to build and get to make use of cool parts in nice colors

2 hours ago, LegoSims20 said:

I do know

In that case, do you have any additional inside information you could share with us? 

We're all suspicious of someone claiming to have information from a vague source, but we don't know if he's just making stuff up. This is why people are saying to take it with a grain of salt. We can still listen to what he said and be curious about the possibility of it being a real set. 

10 minutes ago, x105Black said:

I think it's been a good wave for new animal moulds. Personally, I'd rather have a mix of brick-built bodies with moulds where needed (for heads / wings etc), as long as the rest of the creature is recognisable. I think they've done a good job of making sure things are recognisable for most of them. 

9 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Personally, I like that approach. When it’s all one big mold it’s almost not legoey enough if that makes sense. It looks more realistic but doesn’t feel like Lego sometimes. I like the part brick built part molded creatures because you get the realism but you also have something to build and get to make use of cool parts in nice colors

I think that the old Basilisk was Lego-ey enough. Same goes for that old dewback and the dinos that were released around that time. They were mostly molded but they were multiple molds each which allowed for greater poseability and could be combined with creature parts from other sets.

Edited by Swamp

3 hours ago, LegoSims20 said:

I want the Hermione one!

Um you’re acting like you know me, dude, you’ve never met me, I’m just trying to share with you guys what I’ve been told since I thought this is what we do here, take it with a grain of salt but you saying ‘he’s making it up’ and saying that you know for sure that’s I’m lying even when I’m not, this is the second time you’ve been super disrespected up, first To the poor Lego designer who was just designing an amazing set due to his love for Harry Potter and now to me, if you do it a third time, I would like to ask a moderator or whoever I follow you can be excused from the chat/thread

Honestly I’m in the same boat as everyone else, I’m taking the info with a grain of salt, and I know the guy, but there is the possibility’s hes lying or telling the truth, even I don’t know, so we are all going to take the information with a grain of salt, just wanted to share the info, better to share something that could be true then not share it at all...

In the movie, Dumbledore never mentions he sees himself holding a pair of socks.

I recall in the last book, Harry learns/realizes all this time, Dumbledore was seeing his parents and siblings all healthy and happy. So technically is the LEGO sticker incorrect?

1 minute ago, joeee said:

In the movie, Dumbledore never mentions he sees himself holding a pair of socks.

I recall in the last book, Harry learns/realizes all this time, Dumbledore was seeing his parents and siblings all healthy and happy. So technically is the LEGO sticker incorrect?

I would say it’s just an Easter egg. I don’t think that specific inclusion is meant to be accurate, more just a shout-out to be funny 

2 minutes ago, joeee said:

In the book he mentions he sees himself holding a pair of woollen socks, however this has connotations and he perhaps lied. The socks representing something. So Lego does include small details and Easter eggs from the books but the designs of buildings, mini figures and the sets in general are based off the films 

3 minutes ago, joeee said:

Harry assumes that based on the things he learned about Dumbledore. And who knows, book Dumbledore is quite a cooky character, maybe after Christmas he just really wanted a a pair of socks.

2 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I would say it’s just an Easter egg. I don’t think that specific inclusion is meant to be accurate, more just a shout-out to be funny 

And this is probably it.

2 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

What was it? Where is this teaser please?

I believe he’s referring to the wanted poster in the Hogwarts Express set