Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

8 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

So what you said it's fake?

No it’s not ‘fake’ it’s what I’ve been told by a higher up Builder from the Lego group then again he has the advantage of knowing me so he could just be screwing we’ll soon find out 

I'm just going to say here that we do take the posting of false information as real seriously, and don't tolerate it. It's not my aim to clamp down on information altogether, and I fully understand that people can't reveal their sources. We have a bunch of members who have built up their reputations over time and are reliable. But inevitably there are others who don't actually know anything and just want a bit of the spotlight. When it becomes obvious, those people aren't around here for long.

Bottom-line: if you don't ACTUALLY know anything and can't verify anything, don't post it.

7 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Ended up having mine above a radiator but need a slightly opened window - so the temperature fluctuated a bit for a day. I think it worked in loosening it. Was still tight, but managed to move the head and seemed to have less resistance than previous attempts.

I can just about fit both on my desk to display, though you may be best keeping them segmented

Implying potential violence against animals is more iffy for Lego to include. Remember the 'Everything is not awesome' video by Greenpeace? While they could easily include an axe in the set and imply it's for chopping pumpkins, including an executioner and implying he is going to cut off the head of a bird/horse-like creature might not sit well with people nowadays.

I dont think the figure is that worthwhile regardless, would turn out similar to above. Instead might be better to have him as a 'Death Eater' in a set for the fourth, fifth or seventh film. The character also played little role in the third film, just sort of being there to look creepy and remind the characters that he was going to kill Buckbeak. He did not have much interaction directly with the main cast - so he would not really add too much to playability or story options.

Could work as a seperate figure in a CMF line though - e.g Black legs, dual molded arms, hood and a dual molded face (one side normal, the other with a Death Eater mask) with his wand and an axe

Maybe it's just me but I still dont see including Macnair as "too dark"

Neville beheaded Nagini, Harry killed the Basilisk and Quirrell killed a unicorn. Macnair didn't kill Buckbeak.

After all, Buckbeak is a hippogriff, I doubt Greeanpeace will say anything about magical creatures. Defending unreal creatures will make more damage for them than good.

10 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Maybe it's just me but I still dont see including Macnair as "too dark"

Neville beheaded Nagini, Harry killed the Basilisk and Quirrell killed a unicorn. Macnair didn't kill Buckbeak.

After all, Buckbeak is a hippogriff, I doubt Greeanpeace will say anything about magical creatures. Defending unreal creatures will make more damage for them than good.

PETA also protested Games Workshop, because their Space Wolves models are shown wearing the belts of giant alien wolves. But that’s neither here nor there.

Has anybody in Australia managed to find the Hogwarts Express in stores? Best I can tell only Lego Shop At Home has them, wondering if anybody knew more.

Honestly I'd rather have more updated Hogwarts than Diagon Alley right now. I'm desperate for a new clock tower from POA, seen as they've gone in that order I was hoping/thinking that could be the next step? Seen as the clock tower is near Hagrid's Hut it could be one big set.

8 minutes ago, diepotato47 said:

Has anybody in Australia managed to find the Hogwarts Express in stores? Best I can tell only Lego Shop At Home has them, wondering if anybody knew more.

This was another victim of ‘scheduled Toys R Us exclusive’ here. The good news is that it’s apparently now being released to mass market retailers. The bad news is it’s curently only avail. at LEGO S@H on backorder.

The Harry Potter figure pack seems to have sold out on the Dutch TRU website. That’s within a day. They also took down the dedicated banners on the site, so I guess it’s not coming back.

A few people really need to brush up on their geography of Hogwarts. The boys’ dormitory is NOT the Gryffindor Common Room, it is another room that is simply found within it.

7 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

That Hagrid's Hut wishful thinking description sounds like great wishful thinking! I too would love to get all of those things!

It really lost me at Hermione with a printed Time Turner on her torso and a Time Turner piece. Good stuff.

Very good stuff indeed, but forgot to include a new Fang mould :wink:

IF it is true that we get 3 HP and 2 FB sets this winter already I wonder where the sets are from.. The FB sets most likely is from the new film, but HP since it is a small in-between wave(?) could be:

1. From 1-2
  2. from 1-2-3
  3. from 3
  4. from 3-4

I would be happy IF this is true and we get a new wave that soon, but eating it with a lot of salt :sceptic:

1 hour ago, Legoniche said:

No it’s not ‘fake’ it’s what I’ve been told by a higher up Builder from the Lego group then again he has the advantage of knowing me so he could just be screwing we’ll soon find out 

You’re really embarrassing yourself now, so just put the shovel down.

Let's hope they're as generous with new moulds as they were with the current wave, in previous iterations of the theme they got somewhat stingy with the additional waves (looking at you, 2011 range :grin:). 

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Let's hope they're as generous with new moulds as they were with the current wave, in previous iterations of the theme they got somewhat stingy with the additional waves (looking at you, 2011 range :grin:). 

They were stingy with animal moulds this wave, though.

Edited by LegoSims20

Well, at least we got a new snake and a new rat mould as well as two recolours (owl and cat), not too shabby I'd say :wink: What's overdue (besides new dog moulds for Fang and Sirius) is a new frog/toad mould :classic:

I really hope we get Fang, but I'm upset Crookshanks just used an old mould. 

You're right, I was too quick to dismiss GoF. The old sets were actually really good, although missing lots of key locations and characters. Rescue from the Merpeople was my favourite of the sets so it would be nice to see a re-make of this, as well as Tasks 1 and 3 (perhaps a maze/graveyard hybrid). They aren't high up on my wishlist but I can see the appeal. I think the ship and carriage would be perfect for microscale builds. And I would LOVE Hermione in her Yule Ball dress (but maybe that is best suited to the CMF). 

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Well, at least we got a new snake and a new rat mould as well as two recolours (owl and cat), not too shabby I'd say :wink:

The rat was already released in the city line, but it could've been developed for HP.

Don't forget the Niffler and Thestral moulds as well!

37 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

They were stingy with animal moulds this wave, though.

Thestral, Thestral wings, Occamy/Thunderbird head, Niffler, Nagini and Scabbers doesn't seem too stingy to me. 

Crookshanks and Fang could well come out in future, I just hope Mrs. Norris will come out as she only really comes with Filch. Maybe as part of a Chamber of Secrets set, or with a Yule Ball Filch :D

I don't really follow Fantastic Beasts, so I don't know what would be appropriate creatures for that series, but the Basilisk, Fluffy and Buckbeak are the only films 1-3 beasts I think need an update. There are lots of creatures that have never appeared but I think listing them would be wishlisting. 

I'm just going to say what everyone is thinking:

Could Firenze the centaur be part of this wave? 

After all, he was also a teacher in Hogwarts. 

I hope they will include rarer teachers like proffesor Binns (who is a ghost). He was already included in the LEGO game

12 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I'm just going to say what everyone is thinking:

Could Firenze the centaur be part of this wave? 

After all, he was also a teacher in Hogwarts. 

I hope they will include rarer teachers like proffesor Binns (who is a ghost). He was already included in the LEGO game

He was a teacher in Order of the Phoenix though: thought we thought winter waves will be 3-4.

43 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

The rat was already released in the city line, but it could've been developed for HP.

Definitely developed with HP in mind, but probably used the city budget.. A mammoth, a sabre-tooth and a rat; find one error :laugh:

30 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Thestral, Thestral wings, Occamy/Thunderbird head, Niffler, Nagini and Scabbers doesn't seem too stingy to me. 

Crookshanks and Fang could well come out in future, I just hope Mrs. Norris will come out as she only really comes with Filch. Maybe as part of a Chamber of Secrets set, or with a Yule Ball Filch :D

I don't really follow Fantastic Beasts, so I don't know what would be appropriate creatures for that series, but the Basilisk, Fluffy and Buckbeak are the only films 1-3 beasts I think need an update. There are lots of creatures that have never appeared but I think listing them would be wishlisting. 

We definitely got a lot of different animal moulds and recolours for the money in this wave. Next wave got a new budget and all the 1 priority stuff like wand, sorting hat, lamp, light, small flame etc (+ all the minifig parts) are already made so I hope we get even more animal moulds in the next wave :excited: What this wave was bad at compared to earlier waves was the number of animals included in sets; 1 owl in the big sets? Should have been 2-3 different! The Mrs. Norris issue puzzle me, why not include a normal cat in the WW set and call it Mrs. Norris, they must plan to make a recolour on a fresh budget in a future wave :shrug_oh_well: Hermione and Cho's pets should have gotten new moulds in the CMF, but they got recolours so I am not complaining to much about it :wink:

3 hours ago, diepotato47 said:

Staff at my local Toyworld said they will be getting the Hogwarts Express in September, not sure of exact dates but was told during next month. If you have a Toyworld near you it might be worth asking if they know further info :classic: 

Also not sure if people in Melbourne saw that LEGOLAND Discovery Centre in Chadstone are opening early at 8am on the 1st September for the release of the Hogwarts set. 

2 hours ago, LegoSims20 said:

I'm pretty sure the sets will be based on the movies. 

They aren’t based 100% on the movies. Little details in the sets come from the books instead, like Dumbledore holding socks in the Mirror of Erised and the hourglasses on the wall in 71043. 

A seller on bricklink has these two 48x48 mosaics. They are only available in Singapore, like the similar Iron Man one from earlier in the year. 

469240.jpg469242.jpg

3 minutes ago, MAB said:

A seller on bricklink has these two 48x48 mosaics. They are only available in Singapore, like the similar Iron Man one from earlier in the year. 

I saw these on IG yesterday.  They would be easy enough to make by just looking at the pictures, but a part list would be nice for ordering the pieces.  Anybody seen one?

6 hours ago, LegoSims20 said:

You’re really embarrassing yourself now, so just put the shovel down.

Chill dude he’s just relaying information. Innocent until proven guilty

Someone on IG got the Diagon Alley set with no explanation of how. Anyone have any info?