Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

No sign of the Bricktober pack on the Swiss TRU site... They're either late to the party or don't participate at all :hmpf_bad: Bricklink awayyy... :hmpf:

2 hours ago, dinges44 said:

No, it will ship to Belgium, Italy or Poland (and Germany ofcourse). So you'd have to find someone to buy one and ship it or use a forwarding service (they receive packages for you and then send them to you, for a price)

Thanks for the tip (I didn't know they sent to Belgium); I've just placed an order to get that pack — and the Cloud Rider Swoop Bikes and Luke's Landspeeder sets, which were available for a very good price (at least compared to their RRPs in Belgium :laugh:). I'm looking forward to building these!

Just now, essel said:

Thanks for the tip (I didn't know they sent to Belgium); I've just placed an order to get that pack — and the Cloud Rider Swoop Bikes and Luke's Landspeeder sets, which were available for a very good price (at least compared to their RRPs in Belgium :laugh:). I'm looking forward to building these!

You could even buy an additional one via the Toys R Us Netherlands site, since that one also ships to Belgium :P

34 minutes ago, dinges44 said:

You could even buy an additional one via the Toys R Us Netherlands site, since that one also ships to Belgium :P

Good to know, but everything is more expensive on the Dutch site… :sick:

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

No sign of the Bricktober pack on the Swiss TRU site... They're either late to the party or don't participate at all :hmpf_bad: Bricklink awayyy... :hmpf:

According to the German TRU Facebook page: in Österreich und der Schweiz startet die LEGO Minifiguren Aktion ab diesen Donnerstag (30.08.). Die limitierten Sets sind dort ausschließlich in unseren Märkten erhältlich. 1f642.png:)

I was on #legoharrypotter on Instagram and there are pictures of the diagon alley micro scale set out of box and built as well as good looks at the back of the model including the two interiors and ollivander himself

2 hours ago, just_one said:

Nothing on the portuguese toys r us website also...

Have you asked in any of the stores? If not I'll be going today to one to find out if they have the sets here in Portugal.

I was thinking it was odd that many main or significant characters that could appear in sets were included in the CMF or bricktober pack but I did realise, that those characters wear multiple costumes, for example umbridge in the bricktober pack comes with her little light pink cardigan, sweater over her darker pink jumper top thing, in the film she isn’t also shown without it, so perhaps we will get another umbridge down the line in an order of the Phoenix set without her ligh pink cardigan, making both exclusive, likewise Madame hooch is in one of her two Robes in the bricktober pack, I know she has a flying lesson robe and a quidditch robe, so that opens up possibilities, as for Voldemort I’m not so sure, he’ll definitely appear in a later set, but probably with an alternate face expression or in black, time will tell

I wondered about that myself. Lends a bit of credence to the idea that maybe only a few waves are currently planned, as characters like Dobby, Cedric, and Moody are all wearing what could be considered their most iconic outfits. Some characters, like Trelawney or Flitwick are characters that might not be planned for release in possible upcoming sets at all, as they are relatively minor in terms of screen time.

26 minutes ago, diepotato47 said:

I wondered about that myself. Lends a bit of credence to the idea that maybe only a few waves are currently planned, as characters like Dobby, Cedric, and Moody are all wearing what could be considered their most iconic outfits. Some characters, like Trelawney or Flitwick are characters that might not be planned for release in possible upcoming sets at all, as they are relatively minor in terms of screen time.

Yes, unfortunately I can’t see moody coming in another set as that really is his only outfit, I guess he could come the exact Sams except with a second moody face print rather than the barty crouch print that way it would be sort of exclusive, dobby won’t come in a set, because what would he come in? There won’t be a freeing dobby set, that was the point in him being in the CMF, he could come in a privet drive set, even still I reckon privet drive will be a side build to the knight bus, as well he has to remain exclsjive to the CMF, with Cedric however, he could come in a hogwarts robes variant, first task variant, second task variant or even Yule ball variant

1 hour ago, nrsperes said:

Have you asked in any of the stores? If not I'll be going today to one to find out if they have the sets here in Portugal.

Yes i called TRU in Cascais and they got nothing on their system.

2 minutes ago, just_one said:

Yes i called TRU in Cascais and they got nothing on their system.

That's unfortunate. I was hoping they would have them.

3 minutes ago, nrsperes said:

That's unfortunate. I was hoping they would have them.

Colombo , Telheiras and Almada have nothing aswell...just got off the phone with them...

Cant say im surprised...things almost never arrived here....

Edited by just_one

I thought you could buy them for 15EUR on their own? Is that no longer the case?

8 hours ago, dinges44 said:

No, it will ship to Belgium, Italy or Poland (and Germany ofcourse). So you'd have to find someone to buy one and ship it or use a forwarding service (they receive packages for you and then send them to you, for a price)

is there a website that specializes i that? 

YES THEY'RE ON BRICKLINK FOR 40 EUR BRB ORDERING

1 minute ago, LegoSims20 said:

I thought you could buy them for 15EUR on their own? Is that no longer the case?

is there a website that specializes i that? 

From what i can understand you have to buy 40€ of LEGO from TRU.

26 minutes ago, just_one said:

Colombo , Telheiras and Almada have nothing aswell...just got off the phone with them...

Cant say im surprised...things almost never arrived here....

I guess I'll have to buy them from bricklink or ebay then... 

1 hour ago, Legoniche said:

I was thinking it was odd that many main or significant characters that could appear in sets were included in the CMF or bricktober pack but I did realise, that those characters wear multiple costumes, for example umbridge in the bricktober pack comes with her little light pink cardigan, sweater over her darker pink jumper top thing, in the film she isn’t also shown without it, so perhaps we will get another umbridge down the line in an order of the Phoenix set without her ligh pink cardigan, making both exclusive, likewise Madame hooch is in one of her two Robes in the bricktober pack, I know she has a flying lesson robe and a quidditch robe, so that opens up possibilities, as for Voldemort I’m not so sure, he’ll definitely appear in a later set, but probably with an alternate face expression or in black, time will tell

There is no rule against CMF figs coming in sets later as long as they are slightly different from the CMF, it happens all the time, so do not mean much..

The way I see it:

• The figs turning up in sets later; that is fine since they are different
  • The figs that never turn up in a set; then I am really glad they where in the CMF

There are so many characters in HP/FB that Lego need to spread them out :classic:

2 hours ago, diepotato47 said:

It’s very likely more of a case of that this is a huge risk for Lego, as they basically never do full waves for films that don’t have a new release coming (Fantastic Beasts hasn’t got the same name so doesn’t count). They probably put in as much as they could for the first wave so that if it got cancelled due to poor sales, fans would be happy with what they got. Quite smart really. I’m sure they’ll be able to make variants. Moody can be without his coat, Umbridge without her cardigan etc.

1 hour ago, LegoSims20 said:

Woah got them on eBay for £35. RESULT!

It’s very likely gonna come here for £15 eventually 

16 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

It’s very likely gonna come here for £15 eventually 

No one knows for sure, and I would have to wait ages. It will arrive before Monday.

36 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

No sign of the Bricktober pack on the Barnes and Noble website...anyone know when it’s supposed to be up?

I'm pretty sure it won't be today. They said later in the year.