Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, LegoFjotten said:

Nice for those who get the chance;

1. Buy Lego for 40 and get a bricktober set free!
  2. Keep the Lego and sell the bricktober set for 40
  3. Buy Lego for 40 and get a bricktober set free!
  4. etc..:tongue:

Even if I have to pay £100 I'll buy one. But I'll hope that someone from the US or Germany will at least sell me one for a reasonable price.

Edited by LegoSims20

3 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

Even if I have to pay £100 I'll buy one. But I'll hope that someone from the US will at least sell me one for a reasonable price, as no one from Germany has responded yet. 

Patience is not your strong suit! Hard to sell something nobody got yet :hmpf:

Just now, Roebuck said:

Patience is not your strong suit! Hard to sell something nobody got yet :hmpf:

Sorry, I have OCD and I thought I had finished the HP collection and now I have this and the Diagon Alley to find and it's driving me crazy. 

8 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Nice for those who get the chance;

1. Buy Lego for 40 and get a bricktober set free!

Yeah, last Bricktober it was about €73 to get a free set in Norway if I remember correctly (or buy it for €20)... if it's €40 here and I get the chance I'll go bananas...

10 hours ago, LegoSims20 said:

Even if I have to pay £100 I'll buy one. But I'll hope that someone from the US or Germany will at least sell me one for a reasonable price.

That is why the price will keep increasing insanely. If people are buying sets at stupid prices, why would the seller keep their prices low? You can blame Lego for their policy (sets not avalaible everywhere) , but buyers are also to blame IMO 

11 hours ago, LegoSims20 said:

Sorry, I have OCD and I thought I had finished the HP collection and now I have this and the Diagon Alley to find and it's driving me crazy. 

Well then you are probably in for a few rough years, since Lego probably are releasing sets now and then for several years to come.. For you sake I hope the do not give out any SDCC exclusives, because they can be crazy expensive..

If you look at bricklink after the sets are released you probably get them for the most fair price there :shrug_oh_well:

11 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

Yeah, last Bricktober it was about €73 to get a free set in Norway if I remember correctly (or buy it for €20)... if it's €40 here and I get the chance I'll go bananas...

I think it will turn up sooner or later here (probably closer to October), but we never get a good deal as 40 euro, probably the same as last year (heldigvis har vi prismatch ihverfall:tongue:)..

17 minutes ago, LegoHPbrickfilms said:

How much do you guys think the bricktober set will cost on bricklink? 

Why not just wait and find out. It will be similar there to other places. It is going to depend on availability in different locations and until that is known anyone stating a price is just guessing based on too many variables. 

I am not able to read 300 pages so I don't know if this was already posted.

https://brickset.com/article/38054/2018-bricktober-sets-revealed!

Bricktober.png

Relating to the text on the left side above the LEGO Logo:

"Beim Kauf von LEGO Artikeln im Wert von 40 Euro jede Woche 1 von 4 Minifiguren-Sets im Wert von je 14,99 Euro geschenkt."

Translated: When buying LEGO articles with a value of 40 Euros you get every week one of the four Minifigure-Sets with a value of 14,99 Euro for free.

See also:

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1032367121337016320

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-toysrus-bricktober-2018-offizielle-bilder-kein-einzelverkauf/67068

16 hours ago, diepotato47 said:

Maybe, the answer I got was a definite no, not “we have no plans at this time” or we are “exploring other avenues” or anything to that regard, so I’d say for Australia no is the answer.

I just got a response from them that didn't even say that, just the vague "Availability and details, as with all promotions, are subject to change, so hang in there" — seems like their information is patchy. Disappointed to hear the information you got though, seems like we always get screwed over here.

21 minutes ago, GalacticHippo said:

I just got a response from them that didn't even say that, just the vague "Availability and details, as with all promotions, are subject to change, so hang in there" — seems like their information is patchy. Disappointed to hear the information you got though, seems like we always get screwed over here.

I pressed a bit further, reason given was that Lego chose Barnes and Noble as the distributor, which does not have any stores in Australia, which is fair enough, can hardly expect Lego to force them to open stores here lol

16 minutes ago, diepotato47 said:

I pressed a bit further, reason given was that Lego chose Barnes and Noble as the distributor, which does not have any stores in Australia, which is fair enough, can hardly expect Lego to force them to open stores here lol

That's a pretty short-sighted excuse, considering Barnes and Noble doesn't have any stores outside of America!

If they're saying they will be available in the UK at "some point", when we have no Toys R Us stores or B&N stores, they can hardly use the lack of B&N in Australia as an excuse. 

So the magazine/picture says the bricktober packs start on the 27th tomorrow, and we know that the Harry Potter one is first up, so I’m hoping we get the news today, because I really want one, so ima stay up at midnight to get one on Lego.com, however I can only do that if I know it’s available, because there would be no point if it is.

nonetheless I would just like to say thank you to everyone on here, without you guys, I would not have found out about most of the Lego HP news, I mean social media helps but the discussion allows me to find out more info, so THANK YOU, I wouldn’t have known about the smyths event, etc, etc. You guys are legends 

17 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

So the magazine/picture says the bricktober packs start on the 27th tomorrow, and we know that the Harry Potter one is first up, so I’m hoping we get the news today, because I really want one, so ima stay up at midnight to get one on Lego.com, however I can only do that if I know it’s available, because there would be no point if it is.

nonetheless I would just like to say thank you to everyone on here, without you guys, I would not have found out about most of the Lego HP news, I mean social media helps but the discussion allows me to find out more info, so THANK YOU, I wouldn’t have known about the smyths event, etc, etc. You guys are legends 

It's not going to be available on Lego.com tonight. 

Lego Tweeted that it will be available at Barnes and Noble in the US "in the future" (they have not specified when).

There's no information about anywhere else outside of the Toys R Us deal. 

3 hours ago, Robin_IV said:

-snip-

Yes we have seen it already :wink:

54 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

It will start tomorrow in TRU in Germany, no where else as far as I have seen will have them tomorrow.. Definitely not Lego, they always advertise the promos in good time before they go live, so sleep well :tongue:

28 minutes ago, midnightdraconis said:

Hopefully it is going to be available in my local Toy’R’Us (Austria) tomorrow. 

Unless you have seen a ad or similar I would not get my hopes up, but since it is so close to Germany it is worth checking out just to be safe :shrug_oh_well:

Hello everyone, I’m new to Eurobricks. Can someone please tell me if anyone knows when I can buy the Harry Potter pack in Brazil? Thank you!

Edited by Bartinho

1 hour ago, Bartinho said:

Hello everyone, I’m new to Eurobricks. Can someone please tell me if anyone knows when I can buy the Harry Potter pack in Brazil? Thank you!

Do you mean the bricktober pack? If so, selling is most countries in unknown unless you’ve got Barnes and Noble or Toys r us. 

Welcome to Eurobricks!

Edited by Lego-fire

1 hour ago, Lego-fire said:

Do you mean the bricktober pack? If so, selling is most countries in unknown unless you’ve got Barnes and Noble or Toys r us. 

Welcome to Eurobricks!

Thank you, that’s axactly what I meant.

Well, I’m a bit torn on B&N being the one... Glad that it will be easily obtainable, but mine has a pitiful LEGO selection, so finding something may prove difficult. Maybe they’ll be nice & just sell the packs separately. Or better yet, make the sale in anything in the store...I could do that easy. :grin:

The minifigures are live in the Toys R Us Germany & The Netherlands webstores. Be sure to first add the minifigures to your cart and then the other lego, or the price will stay at 999.99 (theoratically speaking you could just buy a minifigure pack, it will just cost 999.99). 

Just now, SuperChris said:

Does anyone know if youll be able to order the figures from the German Toys R Us site to the UK?

No, it will ship to Belgium, Italy or Poland (and Germany ofcourse). So you'd have to find someone to buy one and ship it or use a forwarding service (they receive packages for you and then send them to you, for a price)

Just ordered the Hogwarts Express and added the bricktober pack from the toysRus site in the Netherlands. I was planning on buying the Quidditch set at first but it was €0,01 too less to get the bricktober pack. Can't wait to get my Umbridge.