Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

19 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

The Bricktober pack releases in 2 days and we still have no word on if it is coming to the UK.

I emailed Lego last night about this, and this is the response I got a few hours ago:

We haven't heard anything yet about where they will be sold in the UK, but the good news is that we announced on Twitter that the Harry Potter Bricktober sets will be sold at Barnes and Noble in the US. Since Toys R Us went out of business, there was a lot of uncertainty about IF these sets will ever get a release. This news means they will. 

I'd keep a lookout on our social media channels (like I will be) about when and where they will be sold in the UK. Hopefully the news won't take too long!

So, hopefully they WILL turn up... eventually. Somewhere. I don't want to have to pay eBay scalper prices for these packs!

Watford Smyths seems to have dried up of whatever the Lego giveaway was as well, they’re doing some kind of raffle thing instead for just random HP related bits and bobs

Edited by Fatoran

11 minutes ago, Fatoran said:

Watford Smyths seems to have dried up of whatever the Lego giveaway was as well, they’re doing some kind of raffle thing instead for just random HP related bits and bobs

It seems they just had them in a tub and people were allowed to take as many as they wanted...

So I live in Bournemouth area so I went to the Bournemouth smyths- they had four boxes of them and there was a queue where they were dishing them out, one per person/group, as I suspected, so I went in alone got one, sent my dad in, he got one, sent my mum in, she got one, sent my sister in and she got one, I ended up with 4, one For display and the others for parts I can use to make custom gryffindor’s etc

overall, success!

'We haven't heard anything yet about where they will be sold in the UK, but the good news is that we announced on Twitter that the Harry Potter Bricktober sets will be sold at Barnes and Noble in the US.'

We should all just pop on a plane then. Silly us ?

11 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

So I live in Bournemouth area so I went to the Bournemouth smyths- they had four boxes of them and there was a queue where they were dishing them out, one per person/group, as I suspected, so I went in alone got one, sent my dad in, he got one, sent my mum in, she got one, sent my sister in and she got one, I ended up with 4, one For display and the others for parts I can use to make custom gryffindor’s etc

overall, success!

I tried 2 Smyths and they’d both run out

1 hour ago, Felkin said:

I emailed Lego last night about this, and this is the response I got a few hours ago:

So, hopefully they WILL turn up... eventually. Somewhere. I don't want to have to pay eBay scalper prices for these packs!

That is a really unprofessional email, did they really send that? 

7 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

That is a really unprofessional email, did they really send that? 

Yes they did, I emailed them asking about it and they gave me the EXACT same response, it was super vague, I asked, when, where and how to get them, and curved all my questions

The person in customer service that answers the emails is there normally just to give a personal response and won't have all the details of where sets such as the Bricktober packs are to be sold... especially if it isn't finalised by people way above that person's pay grade.

I didn't see anything particularly wrong with that email. If you go into a Lego retail store then the people there won't know a great deal about what's arriving much in advance either.

Edited by Robianco

Odds are if these packs are still bricktober packs we will know more in a couple of days when the October lego calendar is revealed

Edited by Falconfan1414

12 minutes ago, Robianco said:

The person in customer service that answers the emails is there normally just to give a personal response and won't have all the details of where sets such as the Bricktober packs are to be sold... especially if it isn't finalised by people way above that person's pay grade.

I didn't see anything particularly wrong with that email. If you go into a Lego retail store then the people there won't know a great deal about what's arriving much in advance either.

Yes, it's understandable that they won't know anything. But they simply could have said "no information at this time about a UK release, but please pay attention to our social media channels for any announcements." 

17 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

Yes, it's understandable that they won't know anything. But they simply could have said "no information at this time about a UK release, but please pay attention to our social media channels for any announcements." 

I bet it was a press release they'd had about availability. They tweeted it last night and then had to correct themselves as the information was slightly incorrect. It's probably the only response they have at the moment so rather than say nothing the person thought to mention that there will be alternative location for them in other territories so it's at least an indication that a similar deal will be arranged for the UK.

Just got a response from Lego confirming they do not plan to release the Bricktober figs in Australia :( Looks like we’ll be joining the line to buy them elsewhere 

4 minutes ago, diepotato47 said:

Just got a response from Lego confirming they do not plan to release the Bricktober figs in Australia :( Looks like we’ll be joining the line to buy them elsewhere 

I literally can't believe they would do this. 

Why not save them for a set or a CMF series or, better, make them available for EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE. This is so unfair. 

2 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

I literally can't believe they would do this. 

Why not save them for a set or a CMF series or, better, make them available for EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE. This is so unfair. 

Does happen often to Australia lol You should see the wait times for current seasons on US Tv shows. Aftermarket it is :(

I don’t think Lego is going to reveal the plans for the bricktober packs over email. Just be patient and worry when it’s actually revealed what the plans are

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

I don’t think Lego is going to reveal the plans for the bricktober packs over email. Just be patient and worry when it’s actually revealed what the plans are

Maybe, the answer I got was a definite no, not “we have no plans at this time” or we are “exploring other avenues” or anything to that regard, so I’d say for Australia no is the answer.

42 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

How much do you think they will be to buy on eBay or Bricklink? 

I don’t use BrickLink often but I do use eBay a lot. I would say an unopened pack would be pretty unreasonable, maybe around $80 or so at the very least. For HP anyway. Separate, it will depend on the figure. Umbridge will most likely sell for the highest amount. I’m thinking separately you might be able to find decent prices for each one, possibly with the exception of Umbridge. I know it’s not what you want to hear but she will probably be very expensive to get either way

Last years Bricktober Batman set can be had for about €20 on Bricklink, new & unopened. I'd guess you´ll be able to get a HP one for somewhere between €25-40 + shippping.