Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Considering the box of Diagon Ally compared to the box of HE I'd say 20€ price is the most likely.

1 hour ago, Yochip said:

Bit too short for that.

Thanks! But there is a way to make it touch the floor while in a minifigure's hand, right?

Edit: Nevermind.

Edited by NetherCreeper

A request to anyone who has the Hogwards Castle

could you take a picture with a bunch of Harry Potter minifigs (from the sets or series) spread around the castle ?

Please :)

3 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

According to Brickset, someone has found the microscale Diagon Alley to buy at a certified Lego Store in Slovenia. So does that mean it isn't going to be a promo? I remember when pictures of the new small Lego Store set leaked people thought it would be a promo for a £100+ purchase, but it actually turned out it was just a product to buy. Could this be the same?

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Get it in UK shops Lego please. 

Does this mean I can open my D2C Hogwarts now? Since we have confirmation Diagon Alley will be sold not merely a giveaway. 

The Brick Fan has the image up now, along with an image of the backside. Thanks, @tormentalous!

The footprint on this is 6x26 studs, and I'm guessing it will come in on the order of ~240 pieces. I love the way they've built the tilted columns on Gringotts!

While I understand microscale isn't everyone's favorite, I love it and especially appreciate it on a one-off promo set like this. Calling it 'shameful' or whatever seems remarkably pretentious. Besides, since it's a promo it's not like it's stolen a slot from a regular set, and if nothing else, it's a great parts pack.

I would expect this to be available for purchase by itself. Maybe a it is freebie if you spend more than $150 or something, but I'm pretty confident it will go for $20 as a standalone.

2 minutes ago, rodiziorobs said:

The Brick Fan has the image up now, along with an image of the backside. Thanks, @tormentalous!

The footprint on this is 6x26 studs, and I'm guessing it will come in on the order of ~240 pieces. I love the way they've built the tilted columns on Gringotts!

While I understand microscale isn't everyone's favorite, I love it and especially appreciate it on a one-off promo set like this. Calling it 'shameful' or whatever seems remarkably pretentious. Besides, since it's a promo it's not like it's stolen a slot from a regular set, and if nothing else, it's a great parts pack.

I would expect this to be available for purchase by itself. Maybe a it is freebie if you spend more than $150 or something, but I'm pretty confident it will go for $20 as a standalone.

I am not a huge fan of microscale but I love this set.

Can any fans in Slovenia confirm the price and existence? 

Spoiler

And sell me one?

I just noticed the "cobblestone" 2x4 tiles are printed, and there are six of them. I don't know why that makes me so excited, since I don't mind stickers and I don't know what I would do with these pieces, anyway, but it makes me very happy. :sweet:

My gosh that set is beautiful- been wanting a Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes since 2010! Like the way it fits the scale, but wish it had some microfigures. 

11 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Spoiler

40289-1.jpg?082211
Pzn_lwi6FI_pd53EVrgc0-c3uxpwEmEQKA.jpg
iL8dGEU62k3Py0lTKAU89F1o_BNOweUrXw.jpg

It could be photoshopped (the last one). I've seen those images. 

Do you think I should call my local Lego store?

I called my Lego Store and asked. Needless to say they told me they don't have it, buy hey it's worth trying!

Edited by LegoSims20

5 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

It could be photoshopped (the last one). I've seen those images. 

Why would someone photoshop that?

its real, you can tell a mile off. And don’t worry it will come to U.K. Lego stores, you don’t need to buy it off someone. I bought The Lego brand store in a U.K. store before I’d even seen it mentioned on the Internet 

5 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Why would someone photoshop that?

its real, you can tell a mile off. And don’t worry it will come to U.K. Lego stores, you don’t need to buy it off someone. I bought The Lego brand store in a U.K. store before I’d even seen it mentioned on the Internet 

But what if it's only for free. D:

I may be mistaken (I did only skim read the article earlier on), but I don't recall it being said that it was for sale / will be for sale. 

I thought the wording was that someone had "found it in a Lego store". That doesn't mean it was on the shelf and up for sale, just that it was at the store. It could be a member of staff took the image, having found them in the store room.

Edited by nikhkin

5 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

I may be mistaken (I did only skim read the article earlier on), but I don't recall it being said that it was for sale / will be for sale. 

I thought the wording was that someone had "found it in a Lego store". That doesn't mean it was on the shelf and up for sale, just that it was at the store. It could be a member of staff took the image, having found them in the store room.

I wish he or she would have asked how much it was or if it was free. 

23 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

The picture shows it on top of some other HP sets on the display 

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The picture shows it on top of some other HP sets on the display 

Anyone can put a box on top of another box. 

As far as I can tell, there was nothing to suggest it was out on display and for sale. 

We shouldn't be making assumptions based on vague wording or mis-translation of what someone said. 

10 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

Anyone can put a box on top of another box. 

As far as I can tell, there was nothing to suggest it was out on display and for sale. 

We shouldn't be making assumptions based on vague wording or mis-translation of what someone said. 

No assumptions being made here. I was only relaying what was in the picture, intentionally leaving it open for interpretation. Personally, I think it will be some kind of promo item, possibly being sold regularly at some point but no one really knows until Lego tells us. The fact that there was only one and it was in an odd spot tells me it most likely wasn’t meant to be there at all

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

1 hour ago, nikhkin said:

Lego Certified Stores don't have those freebies.

21 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

Lego Certified Stores don't have those freebies.

They don't do them as freebies, but they sometimes get the sets and sell them.

Even if it was for sale in the certified store, it doesn't mean it will be for sale in regular Lego brand stores and might still be a promo in the real stores.

I’m positive you’ll be able to get the micro diagon alley even if you’ve already purchased the Hogwarts. 

Im just not sure on what the promo will be or how much it’ll be to purchase. 

Edited by LordVoldemort