Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Ah, I see now. What a strange little set to release. Easy pass as Ollivander will come again in a real Diagon Alley

Whatever ends up happening with this set, I think we can all agree that it is a very strange set and is surrounded by seemingly strange circumstances. While Orr of the mystery was solved, now this brings up brand new ones. Hopefully Lego tells us soon, I’m very interested to know about this set

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

14 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

You guys don't think the Smyths Toys HP Lego giveaway happening on Saturday could be the Bricktober pack, do you? 

I so very much hope so as I plan on being there at 11:00 on the dot, the on,y issue is, that bricktober pack is worth £12-£20 and I doubt they’d give away something worth that much, for free. It will most likely be the ‘harry’s Journey to hogwarts’ Polybag, which I don’t mind so much, but the bricktober pack would be beyond amazing, however, worst case scenario, the smyths giveaway could be that mini Hogwarts Express Polybag, I wouldn’t really like that at all

13 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

I so very much hope so as I plan on being there at 11:00 on the dot, the on,y issue is, that bricktober pack is worth £12-£20 and I doubt they’d give away something worth that much, for free. It will most likely be the ‘harry’s Journey to hogwarts’ Polybag, which I don’t mind so much, but the bricktober pack would be beyond amazing, however, worst case scenario, the smyths giveaway could be that mini Hogwarts Express Polybag, I wouldn’t really like that at all

Probably will be HJTH. I paid a lot for that from Hamleys, too. 

Just now, Legoman123 said:

Are we expecting more sets to add on to two Hogwarts set’s we got this summer then?

I think it's a given, as long as the theme continues. A designer in the video said you can naturally expect more to add onto Hogwarts if the line continues.

Personally, I'm hoping for the Gryffindor Common Room and DADA classroom. 

why no more microscale sets? Why can't normal sets coexist with microscale ones? If you don't like them, it saves you money.

Since I doubt they would bring out a "Hogwarts castle backside microscale set", for like 300$, I think it would have been a better choice, giving us something like a small quidditch pitch. That would go with the UCS set.

6 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

I think it's a given, as long as the theme continues. A designer in the video said you can naturally expect more to add onto Hogwarts if the line continues.

That would be cool, I’d actually like to see a common room that can lead to the dorms. 

My 71043 arrived today. The box is really nice and I have decided to keep it. But as tempted as I am to start building, I'm waiting to see for an announcement of any promotions in case I need to return and rebuy it. 

7 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

That would be cool, I’d actually like to see a common room that can lead to the dorms. 

That what I was expecting the D2C to be like. Boy was I wrong. 

10 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

why no more microscale sets? Why can't normal sets coexist with microscale ones? If you don't like them, it saves you money.

Since I doubt they would bring out a "Hogwarts castle backside microscale set", for like 300$, I think it would have been a better choice, giving us something like a small quidditch pitch. That would go with the UCS set.

Personally, I have OCD so I have to buy the full collection so I would prefer if they just limited microscale. The one-off Hogwarts is fine, and I love the look of Diagon Alley and I'd welcome more promotional/cheap sets like that to represent iconic scenes. But if they released, say, a £350 microscale set every year as well as a full collection of minifig scale sets I wouldn't like that because of financial and space reasons; as I personally prefer minifg scale sets.

But I know the world doesn't revolve around me and no one has to suffer because of my habits, so that's just my viewpoint. 

Edited by LegoSims20

1 minute ago, namioik said:

What is the name of the IG leaker? I missed the photo release

Search #legoleaks 

Wow someone is recreating the movie posters with minifgs and they are awesome! 

Well, that solves the Ollivander mystery

Sets looks good but does nothing for me

To be honest, I don't think we'll get a minifig-scale Diagon Alley, at least not anytime soon. I think HP had a planned run of two waves or so, and what you're currently seeing is TLG trying to accommodate that while including as much as they can for the fans (The CMF series, random figs shoehorned into sets, Diagon Alley microbuild) etc. 

While I think HP will come back next summer in a light 3-4 set wave,  I don't think that there will be anything major coming out in January.

On 8/23/2018 at 1:10 PM, seellee said:

Oh great.  Another page of people slagging off microscale sets  

As far as I’m concerned long may they continue! 

Agreed. I love the micro scale sets. 

Edited by LordVoldemort

1 hour ago, LegoSims20 said:

They put the Gryffindor dormitories in the Whomping Willow set so that’s probably as close as we’ll get to a Gryffindor Common room

20 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

They put the Gryffindor dormitories in the Whomping Willow set so that’s probably as close as we’ll get to a Gryffindor Common room

I don't understand that logic at all. Just because we have those means nothing. 

31 minutes ago, LordVoldemort said:

Excited for more of these micro sets! I predict we will get a hogsmade or shrieking shack and potentially a quidditch stadium in this scale.

These will likely be sold along side the system scale sets so I don’t know why people are complaining. 

As mini sets they are fine, but not as massive D2C sets I hope. 

17 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

What’s not to understand? Think about it. Doubling up on that stuff isn’t lego’s style. I wouldn’t mind a detailed common room either but I doubt it will happen. All of the Hogwarts sections will connect so why would they put a common room in some other random place after they already put the dormitories in the Whomping Willow set? It’s just highly unlikely. Does that make sense to anybody? What are people’s thoughts?

Fortunately, a Gryffindor Common Room would be very easy to MOC

16 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

I think you're vastly overestimating how many sets Lego is going to make. HP selling well so far doesn't mean that they'll suddenly pump out 20 sets next year, and they're trying to cover as much as they can without doubling up. This year, there were only six HP sets, two FB sets and a few extra things like the CMF series and Brickheadz.

I hate to disappoint you, but that's probably going to be the biggest wave. They'll only make a few sets next year, and they'll have to cover large portions of the next few films with them. I certainly expect more of Hogwarts, but they've technically already covered the Gryffindor common room and likely won't return to it.

They WILL make a Gryffindor common room (this is my assuredness in my believe, not some pretend insider info). Bookmark me and if I am wrong feel free to remind me of that fact. I am not arguing because if you can't see my viewpoint now, even with me explaining it further you won't. 

1 hour ago, LegoSims20 said:

Search #legoleaks 

Wow someone is recreating the movie posters with minifgs and they are awesome! 

Where I can see those movie posters?

22 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

They WILL make a Gryffindor common room (this is my assuredness in my believe, not some pretend insider info). Bookmark me and if I am wrong feel free to remind me of that fact. I am not arguing because if you can't see my viewpoint now, even with me explaining it further you won't. 

Believe me, I would love a detailed Gryffindor Common Room, I just personally think it’s unlikely and I don’t want anyone to get their hopes too high. Actually, I think a Gryffindor Common Room would make a great $15-$20 set by itself, but there’s no way Lego would go for it