Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

54 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I'm surprised to see they didnt include the crow mold to go with Boggart Snape's hat.

But they all look great

I only count 24 pieces and the box says 25. Maybe it’s tucked behind?

14 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Everyone stop with the name-calling and nastiness. We're talking about some LEGO sets for crying out loud.

All opinions are perfectly legitimate, and it's clear when someone is voicing an opinion. We don't need to qualify every single line with "I think, I think, I think" for others to know that it's an opinion. What's so wrong with disliking a set, that others swoop in as if they've been personally insulted? I share a lot of @LegoSims20's sentiments about the micro-scale Hogwarts set. LEGO has made a choice as to what to release as the big UCS, and it's fine to be annoyed if you don't like that choice and the outcome. On the other hand it's fine to weigh in with healthy debate too and share an opposing viewpoint - but instead of that some people seem to take one person's opinion as a personal attack and therefore spew personal attacks back.

Sadly those people have ruined it for everyone and I'm going to lock this topic for a bit for everyone to go away and cool off.

I will say just this, people didn’t go after Sims for his opinion on the set, moreso how he portrayed that opinion & his feeling as towards the designer. 

Now, personally I’m a bit bummed to see the HP Bricktober pack is available at B&N...because my local one has a terrible selection of LEGO...if I could buy a book to get it, that wouldn’t be a problem! 

Does anyone know where and when to get the Bricktober packs in the Netherlands? Since last year they were released thhe same week as in germany, and since that's next monday this year (I think) I'm slightly worried we don't have any information yet. Our Toys''R'Us doesn't even have the new HP sets and I think we don't even have a B&N, smyths and target.

Definite buy for that set.

I didn't buy set 4737 (Quidditch Match) when it came out and by the time I was finally ready to get it, it was going for an insane price on Bricklink so I never got a Prof. Hooch minifig. Same thing with Umbridge, although I despise the character (like I think everyone else does), it's still a welcome addition. I absolutely love the fact we're getting a Slughorn minifig, the character was really missing from the original waves of Harry Potter sets. Not so crazy about the Snape-boggart though, that's the second minifig we get of that and it's way more representation than what that particular scene deserves imo. It's well-made but still a wasted spot. I'd rather have had a generic death eater instead or a new Bellatrix.

3 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Does anyone know where and when to get the Bricktober packs in the Netherlands? Since last year they were released thhe same week as in germany, and since that's next monday this year (I think) I'm slightly worried we don't have any information yet. Our Toys''R'Us doesn't even have the new HP sets and I think we don't even have a B&N, smyths and target.

They have just added the HP sets to the site, so that gets my hopes up for the packs. I've emailed them yesterday asking about if the promo will also be in the Netherlands (especially since the Dutch branch is run from Germany), but I've yet to get an answer back. 

13 hours ago, LegoSims20 said:

Do you have a pic? :)

I regret selling her now. :(

Do you guys think they will create a Lego Harry Potter advent calendar and magazine in 2019 or one day?

I doubt they will do an advent calendar for 2019. While it would be popular, I don't think they would do four advent calendars and I cannot see them cutting SW, City or Friends.

1 hour ago, MAB said:

I doubt they will do an advent calendar for 2019. While it would be popular, I don't think they would do four advent calendars and I cannot see them cutting SW, City or Friends.

I agree. I’m very surprised that Ninjago has never gotten an advent calendar but HP seems like a difficult theme to make one for. Since it’s so location focused as opposed to vehicle focused, I think coming up with minibuilds for more than one calendar would be difficult. 

Well pirates, castle and kingdoms have had advent calendars in the past, so it should be no problem making one for HP/FB! I would be a good theme for it as well, but the main problem as I see it is that we now have 3 different calendars on a yearly basis already:

1. friends (mostly for girls)
  2. city (mostly for boys)
  3. SW (mostly for older boys)

HP/FB wound be great for both boys and girls, so Lego could remove 1,2 or 3 of the normal ones and sell that instead, but it is a big change so probably not next year..

41 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Well pirates, castle and kingdoms have had advent calendars in the past, so it should be no problem making one for HP/FB!

Not for a long time though, and even then it was one of Castle / Pirates / Kingdoms and one City, and for only three years. Then 2011 along came SW plus City, then 2012 Friends plus SW plus City. I don't think there is the market for four different LEGO advent calendars and they are now three well established calendars from the top selling ranges. Knocking out the in-house City and Friends for another licensed one would be controversial and I cannot see them removing SW. I would quite like them to rotate the themes a bit, but it is going to take something dramatic to make that happen. Maybe HP is big enough but I doubt it. It is also important that HP has a (big) CMF series out too.

Ok so I’m confused about the Bricktober packs. I saw on IG that you have to spend $40 to get each one but it doesn’t say where to get them. So will the HP one be available to buy at B&N? Or do you have to spend $40 there? And where are the rest of them?

HP very likely won’t get an advent calendar. I could see a magazine happening, Jurassic World and The Lego batman movie got one.

6 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

HP very likely won’t get an advent calendar. I could see a magazine happening, Jurassic World and The Lego batman movie got one.

I wish I could design the models for it each month.

I might play dumb and ask a Lego Store employee if they have a HP advent calendar, because retailers apparently pass requests onto Lego. 

Edited by LegoSims20

10 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Ok so I’m confused about the Bricktober packs. I saw on IG that you have to spend $40 to get each one but it doesn’t say where to get them. So will the HP one be available to buy at B&N? Or do you have to spend $40 there? And where are the rest of them?

There aren't actually any details about them for the US. 

They are free when you spend 40 Euros in Germany, and have a "value" of 15 Euros. It is not specified whether you can actually just buy them for 15 Euros.

Lego has stated the Harry Potter set will be available in B&N, but no further details (or even dates) have been revealed. 

9 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Ollivander comes in a little Dagon ally buildable promo

Yeah I just saw that on IG. Any idea what the circumstances surrounding it are?

And in case anyone is wondering, yes, this is the exact set that was on display in the background of the Hogwarts Castle designer video. So no D2C microscale Diagon Alley, it seems to be a small promotional set

If Diagon Alley ends up being super hard to get, I’ll just order Ollivander on eBay 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

It seems that diagon ally will be a gift with purchase rather than something you can buy. If you look at set numbers to compare, the story book, a gift with purchase, was 40291. While the buildable lego store, which was something you could buy, was 40305. Diagon ally is 40298

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It seems that diagon ally will be a gift with purchase rather than something you can buy. If you look at set numbers to compare, the story book, a gift with purchase, was 40291. While the buildable lego store, which was something you could buy, was 40305. Diagon ally is 40298

Now I’m wondering if it’ll end up being a September GWP for buying the Hogwarts Castle set and just wasn’t available during the early VIP release. If that’s true, I’m glad I haven’t gotten it yet

On 8/20/2018 at 11:54 AM, Omega 8 said:

There's no way the Top hat is minifig scale it's almost as big as the wizards hat in the foreground, And the top, right most element appears to be a 1x1 cylinder atop 2 or 3 2x2 round bricks. 

Seeing the leak on IG, I stand corrected :( 

On 8/20/2018 at 2:57 PM, Goonmo said:

y0rYOLS.png

I tried to measure the model. My guess is that it's close to 64 studs wide, the same width as two modulars next to one another. The only difference is that we are seeing 5 buildings shoved into that space making the buildings look smaller, but I'm fairly certain this model (preliminary or not) is NOT meant to be mini-scale at all. This model just features smaller buildings (similar to how 76108 features a very undersized Sactum Sanctorum in height and width, they most likely have normal minifig sized doors and whatnot, just some of the exterior detail is downsized in order to maximize the pieces of the potential set and make the build have that cramped feeling that the movie setting has. 

Not sure how an ultra nano scale set looks so large in the background. 

On 8/20/2018 at 3:05 PM, BrickJagger said:

Thanks for the picture, it's much appreciated. Based on this I think it'll be minifig scale and about $200. I also think that it'll be the only set released this winter, and more HP will be coming next August.

It'll most assuredly be out in time fo the holidays. 

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Now I’m wondering if it’ll end up being a September GWP for buying the Hogwarts Castle set and just wasn’t available during the early VIP release. If that’s true, I’m glad I haven’t gotten it yet

I don’t think so as usually gwp are advertised on lego store’s calanders and this one isn’t on the September calander

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

I don’t think so as usually gwp are advertised on lego store’s calanders and this one isn’t on the September calander

True, I forgot the calendar was already out. 

30 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Ollivander comes in a little Dagon ally buildable promo

Sigh... Disappointed quite a bit hearing this. I was hoping the Diagon Alley was real. Cloud City here we come!

Anyways I love the HP pack Slughorn is even more awesome looking with better photos. Only complaint is Umbridge she has an overkill of detailing on her face. 

19 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

And that is why I held of buying the D2C hogwarts.  I had a feeling this would happen.