Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

53 minutes ago, LordVoldemort said:

I see I’ve triggered you all forgive me lol the fear mongering comment made me laugh. But unfortunately for you I am right about the D2c micro scale diagonal alley.

I dug up my old prediction about the d2c Hogwarts back in June for proof^

reading the comments back then most of you were saying the rumors about a micro scale Hogwarts were ridiculous and impossible. And multiple people told me the Hogwarts wouldn’t have any interior.

You guessed it would have an interior. Almost everything else you guessed was wrong:

• No transfiguration classroom
  • No "removable rock sections"
  • No greenhouses
  • No Slytherin common room

One of your predictions was that the largest tower of the castle would be the largest tower in the set. 

Guessing one thing correctly out of a whole list of things doesn't make you all-knowing. You don't know that there is a D2C micro-scale Diagon Alley coming. You just think there is one.

What proof is it that the blurry image looks like the WB Studios? We know it's a build of Diagon Alley, that doesn't mean that specifically is the set that will eventually come out (if at all). All throughout the video we can see part-builds of the prototype sets. 

13 minutes ago, LordVoldemort said:

Comparing the leaked MOC of the d2c diagon alley to the actual diagonal alley on the studio set, they are nearly identical-

heres the image I’m referring too of the studio tour- you’ll see gringotts  the far left, ollivianders, 3 mini shops, and weasleys joke shop at the end. It follows that exact same pattern of the leak.

https://tinyurl.com/yc6s8dy7

Putting shops in the same order as they are on the studio tour is hardly grounds for set confirmation. TLG are highly unlikely to base the set off of anything but the films. Your “prediction” was little more than a wild stab mixed with a hint of logic based on evidence available to everyone. Hardly makes you a scion, really. There is no logical basis for a micro scale Diagon Alley - it positively lends itself to play features - other than Hogwarts, which was only that scale because of the vast size of the 1:1 scale version. If all you are interested in is “triggering” people, then you have misjudged the situation.

y0rYOLS.png

I tried to measure the model. My guess is that it's close to 64 studs wide, the same width as two modulars next to one another. The only difference is that we are seeing 5 buildings shoved into that space making the buildings look smaller, but I'm fairly certain this model (preliminary or not) is NOT meant to be mini-scale at all. This model just features smaller buildings (similar to how 76108 features a very undersized Sactum Sanctorum in height and width, they most likely have normal minifig sized doors and whatnot, just some of the exterior detail is downsized in order to maximize the pieces of the potential set and make the build have that cramped feeling that the movie setting has. 

35 minutes ago, LordVoldemort said:

Comparing the leaked MOC of the d2c diagon alley to the actual diagonal alley on the studio set, they are nearly identical-

heres the image I’m referring too of the studio tour- you’ll see gringotts  the far left, ollivianders, 3 mini shops, and weasleys joke shop at the end. It follows that exact same pattern of the leak.

https://tinyurl.com/yc6s8dy7

That's not exactly movie accurate, the entire point of micro scale sets is to make the set as accurate as possible within a reasonable price range, that's not what we see on the image, I would even say that from what I can see the buildings on the picture are less detailed and smaller than the 2011 system scaled Diagon Alley d2c set. It's possible we'll get a micro scale set, but atm there is zero evidence for this.

On 6/21/2018 at 2:30 PM, LordVoldemort said:

Sorry if I missed it- do we know how many bricks will be in the micro Hogwarts? I’m assuming it’ll be much Taller than then Helicarrier, and bigger since it could potentially be over a $100 more.

I’m predicting the Gryffindor tower to be the biggest section and tallest- the great hall attached to that, the clock tower, bridge, and one other building with potential greenhouses connected. I think it will all sit on a rock mountain- and I bet we’ll be able to remove part of the mountain and see dungeon interior/ potions class/ Slytherin Common room and potentially chamber of secrets.

Will probably be able to see inside Gryffindor common room/ great hall. And a transfiguration classroom. 

I think we will get a lot more interior because of how many secondary character nano figures leaked. 

My dream would be to have all 4 common rooms, and I’m hopeful because of how many student nano figures we got from each house. But probably unlikely.

You claim to have been right about Hogwarts, but you were only right about the interiors which others had already guessed at. You were wrong about the clock tower, greenhouses, transfiguration classroom, removable rock base, and Slytherin common room. I highly doubt they would only release a micro scale Diagon Alley. I could see a micro scale one for $200 and another System scale set like the 2011 set, but there’s no way they are only going to represent that location in micro scale. It made sense for Hogwarts so they could cover more of the castle but they could easily cover every major building in Diagon Alley in a $300+ D2C set. 

6 minutes ago, Goonmo said:

I tried to measure the model. My guess is that it's close to 64 studs wide, the same width as two modulars next to one another. The only difference is that we are seeing 5 buildings shoved into that space making the buildings look smaller, but I'm fairly certain this model (preliminary or not) is NOT meant to be mini-scale at all. This model just features smaller buildings (similar to how 76108 features a very undersized Sactum Sanctorum in height and width, they most likely have normal minifig sized doors and whatnot, just some of the exterior detail is downsized in order to maximize the pieces of the potential set and make the build have that cramped feeling that the movie setting has. 

Thanks for the picture, it's much appreciated. Based on this I think it'll be minifig scale and about $200. I also think that it'll be the only set released this winter, and more HP will be coming next August.

On 6/20/2018 at 12:11 PM, MAB said:

Not much, they tend to focus on buildings rather than interiors in microscale.

When I asked about the chances of multiple interiors. 

—-

not trying to trigger anyone, it’s not my fault microscale triggers you. I’m sure you’ll get at least one diagon alley shop or honey dukes in system scale. 

A lot of people really enjoyed the realistic scale of the Hogwarts and will definitely purchase the micro diagonal alley.

You’ll have to wait and see ;)

Also to the person questioning me on the photo example I gave of the studio set- saying they base it off the movie- the studio set IS the movie- that is the placement in the movies.

12 hours ago, Markalus said:

When I initially suggested it looked microscale you disagreed and said it looked system/minifig scale. Personally I’d love them to release Diagon Alley as separate highly detailed modular buildings that they release each year. But I can’t see it happening. Whatever the outcome, I think the strategic placement of it in the Hogwarts designer video has had the desired effect; the online discussions would be invaluable market research for TLG. 

I did correct myself later on saying I’d watched the video and come to a different conclusion 

14 minutes ago, LordVoldemort said:

—-

not trying to trigger anyone, it’s not my fault microscale triggers you. I’m sure you’ll get at least one diagon alley shop or honey dukes in system scale. 

A lot of people really enjoyed the realistic scale of the Hogwarts and will definitely purchase the micro diagonal alley.

Also to the person questioning me on the photo example I gave of the studio set- saying they base it off the movie- the studio set IS the movie- that is the placement in the movies.

You say “triggered” too much. There is nothing realistic about a microscale Diagon Alley. It doesn’t make sense. Maybe they are planning on doing it that way. But if they did it would look awful and it still wouldn’t make sense. Also, nobody’s is “triggered” by your microscale talk. But nobody likes a know-it-all. If you think they’re going to do a microscale Diagon Alley, that’s fine, everybody here is open to theories and discussion. But without more information, you don’t “know” anything. You believe it will happen. Great. More power to you. But you don’t know for sure. That is what rubs people the wrong way

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

19 minutes ago, LordVoldemort said:

—-

Okay, so to stop you saying you’re triggering people with micro scale. Peoples issue is not you saying it’s microscale. It’s saying that it is 100% coming and that you’re right. You claim it’s coming and that’s it’s D2C, but you don’t hide the fact that it is your prediction with no leaked info, and you’re just stating it as fact. I think we are likely to get a Knight Bus next year, but I have nothing to support me if it decided to say it is a fact that it is.

you may end up being right, but you can’t just tell people you’re right like that and tell them they’re triggered when they call you out.

also, you didn’t predict Hogwarts correctly, most of what you said wasn’t the case

Edited by Whovastron

1 minute ago, Whovastron said:

Okay, so to stop you saying you’re triggering people with micro scale. Peoples issue is not you saying it’s microscale. It’s saying that it is 100% coming and that you’re right. You claim it’s comkng and that’s it’s D2C, but you don’t hide the fact that it is your prediction with no leaked info, and you’re just stating it as fact. I think we are likely to get a Knight Bus next year, but I have nothing to support me if it decided to say it is a fact that it is.

you may end up being right, but you can just tell people you’re right like that and tell them they’re triggered when they call you out.

also, you didn’t predict Hogwarts correctly, most of what you said wasn’t the case

Bingo

The impression from the picture I get is that it's just somewhat scaled down, but still System scale. And really, that's the best way to do it. Giving us slightly underscaled facades means we get more of Diagon Alley than we would have otherwise, so I can live with that.

I'm hoping they at least spring for a new window piece to represent some of the curved window panes.

Just now, strangely said:

The impression from the picture I get is that it's just somewhat scaled down, but still System scale. And really, that's the best way to do it. Giving us slightly underscaled facades means we get more of Diagon Alley than we would have otherwise, so I can live with that.

I'm hoping they at least spring for a new window piece to represent some of the curved window panes.

Do you think they will still have good interiors though? That's important for me. 

1 minute ago, LegoSims20 said:

Do you think they will still have good interiors though? That's important for me. 

Most likely there would be some interior play features and Easter eggs. Probably not to the extent most people, myself included, would want if it is actually scaled down. But I’m sure they would have open backs with some interior details

I don’t get this huge micro scale vs normal scale debate going on. No matter what I’m sure whatever version we get is going to look great. Look at it like this, we got a microscale Hogwarts this year along with part of a regular Hogwarts which I’m sure will get more add ons in the future. A microscale Set won’t stop us from getting regular diagon ally stuff in the future.

Just now, LegoSims20 said:

In the picture you can see the white of the wall through some of the windows, which points to these being facades for the most part (assuming these are anywhere near final that is). I would expect inside detail to be similar to the Sanctum or Lockwood Estate, so some nice props and a few good mini builds. That suits me, but others will be left wanting I'm sure.

Honestly, there was never a chance that we'd get all of Diagon Alley, each one as detailed as a modular. So this is a good compromise I think, it at least gives us more than the last version.

3 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I don’t get this huge micro scale vs normal scale debate going on. No matter what I’m sure whatever version we get is going to look great. Look at it like this, we got a microscale Hogwarts this year along with part of a regular Hogwarts which I’m sure will get more add ons in the future. A microscale Set won’t stop us from getting regular diagon ally stuff in the future.

I think the debate is less about scales and more about people passing off opinions as fact, at least that's my read on it.

A microscale Diagon Alley seems unlikely. They were able to make a microscale Hogwarts because they're also releasing a minifig scale Hogwarts. 

I bet they could release more shops in separate waves though, doesn't seem Knockturn Alley is represented here. 

3 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

I see I’ve triggered you all forgive me lol the fear mongering comment made me laugh. But unfortunately for you I am right about the D2c micro scale diagonal alley.

I dug up my old prediction about the d2c Hogwarts back in June for proof^

You were able to deduce that it was micro scale after nano figures leaked. That doesn’t exactly make you Sherlock Holmes. Also, the large tower off the Great Hall is the Main Staircase Tower, not the Gryffindor Tower, which is different.

Everyone, can we not with this. :shrug_oh_well:

I don’t see any reason to discuss that build here—considering its not a confirmed set or a rumored set—rather it is pure speculation.

There have been instances of sets being teased in videos and pictures, just as there have been instances of background builds never being released. 

While its fun to talk about—remember at this point it is all just talk. :thumbup:

18 minutes ago, jhoya said:

You were able to deduce that it was micro scale after nano figures leaked. That doesn’t exactly make you Sherlock Holmes. Also, the large tower off the Great Hall is the Main Staircase Tower, not the Gryffindor Tower, which is different.

That’s not what I predicted. A long time ago I deduced that because of the nano scale leak of 12 figures that weren’t main characters- we would get a lot more nano figures, which meant several interiors on the micro scale Hogwarts. 

I was told that multiple interiors wouldn’t happen and that it would be an architecture set. Some believed we would just get one or two interiors. 

Then it was leaked that there would be a ton more nano figures and THEN everyone started wondering if it would be doll house style.

then the castle premiered with a ton of interiors and a ton of nano figures which was unusual and why none of you guessed that at first. Because the hellicarrier had very few interior.

that being said I believe the Easter egg the designer is referring to in the video, is the diagon alley micro scale set. I also said a while back- that the D2C hp sets would strictly be micro scale, and most likely mirror the smaller system scale sets. Which would follow the same pattern of this wave.

So no need to worry- we will all get what we want. 

LEGO is smart because they will be making more $ this way. Collector versions and regular system scale versions for the younger audience. And hardcore fans will buy both. Win win for them.

Edited by LordVoldemort

7 minutes ago, LordVoldemort said:

That’s not what I predicted. A long time ago I deduced that because of the nano scale leak of 12 figures that weren’t main characters- we would get a lot more nano figures, which meant several interiors on the micro scale Hogwarts. 

I was told that multiple interiors wouldn’t happen and that it would be an architecture set. Some believed we would just get one or two interiors. 

Then it was leaked that there would be a ton more nano figures and THEN everyone started wondering if it would be doll house style.

then the castle premiered with a ton of interiors and a ton of nano figures which was unusual and why none of you guessed that at first. Because the hellicarrier had very few interior.

that being said I believe the Easter egg the designer is referring to in the video, is the diagonal alley micro scale set. I also said a while back- that the D2C hp sets would strictly be micro scale, and most likely mirror the smaller system scale sets. Which would follow the same pattern of this wave.

LEGO is smart because they will be making more $ this way. Collector versions and regular system scale versions for the younger audience. And hardcore fans will buy both. Win win for them.

Just stop! I know it might seem like a witch hunt, but you really need to provide more evidence to your claims you are so concerned. You may have predicted things right in the past but they do not make you in anyway credible. You may infact be right but it currently seems unlikely and until we have more info we can’t judge or make assumptions just stop defending it to the last man stop thank you 

46 minutes ago, LordVoldemort said:

that being said I believe the Easter egg the designer is referring to in the video, is the diagon alley micro scale set. I also said a while back- that the D2C hp sets would strictly be micro scale, and most likely mirror the smaller system scale sets. Which would follow the same pattern of this wave.

Look, no one is saying you’re absolutely wrong. We all know there’s a chance you might be right. But you you also have to accept the fact that you may be wrong. This isn’t even a serious rumor yet, it’s pure speculation. It seems unlikely and illogical to almost everyone but you but that’s fine, no one is saying you can’t believe it’s going to happen. You just can’t say with 100% certainty that it will just as we can’t say with 100% certainty that it won’t. Just accept that it’s only speculation.

2 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

I'm sorry I should have explained myself better and/or quoted another one of your posts, I was talking about the look of the lego buildings, not the studio set or the order the buildings of both Lego and studio/movie were placed. The lego building we see appears very simplistic and not very detailed, it doesn't fit that well with the style of the other microscale sets, ofcourse if it is going to be a set it could always be unfinished or a placeholder design, but that's just speculation like any other posts about the diagon alley.

HEY!

Nemo has already politely requested that everybody chill.

While I was happy for people to discuss the Diagon Alley possibility for a bit, in the absence of anything else substantive to discuss besides that fake-ish-sounding set list, if it means people are getting too heated and impolite to one another then we will shut this discussion down.

So, before you jump on that keyboard, please consider what you want to write, and if somebody is bothering you then use the Report button, as many have done.

Like I've said before and I'll say again: it's ok for a thread to go quiet for a while too. We don't have to keep one alive for the sake of keeping it alive. If there's nothing more to be said, say nothing.