Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

I am sceptical about this list, but I saw an Instagram post which zoomed in on the back of a LEGO Designer video, which showed the top of Gringotts and Weasley's Wizard Wheezes so Diagon Alley at least might be a possibility 

Just now, just2good said:

The list is so fake it’s funny :laugh_hard:

What makes you so sure? It certainly doesn’t sound too far off what Lego would do. I have no idea if it’s real or fake, but what makes you so certain it’s fake?

3 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

What makes you so sure? It certainly doesn’t sound too far off what Lego would do. I have no idea if it’s real or fake, but what makes you so certain it’s fake?

He's certain it's fake because he's just2good. You gotta trust him on these things :wink:

Duh these sets are fake. Chamber isn't going to happen again and that alone spoiled it. Diagon Alley is the only one I see happening by itself the latest by Jan 1 as a standalone set. We can stil get Lockhart, Lucius, and Ginny from that set the key missing minifigures besides Sirius. The next full wave will be next Summer. 

Edited by RODDY

7 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

He's certain it's fake because he's just2good. You gotta trust him on these things :wink:

Yeah I kinda figured that would be the answer. I’m as skeptical as the next person believe me. I would love an actual Chamber If Secrets set though, with an actual Basilisk

I just saw another leak of the Ollivander on ninja_whipleaks3.0 on Instagram so maybe the Diagon Alley at least will happen, I think there's more evidence towards that

6 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Duh these sets are fake. Chamber isn't going to happen again and that alone spoiled it. Diagon Alley is the only one I see happening by itself the latest by Jan 1 as a standalone set. We can stil get Lockhart, Lucius, and Ginny from that set the key missing minifigures besides Sirius. The next full wave will be next Summer. 

Chamber has a chance of happening. If the line is successful I have no doubt it will happen. Maybe not next year, but the following.

i really hope Diagon Alley is coming. A nice Modular type build with a cobbled Street would be cool, but I’m fine with standard system facades.

im glad the list is fake, there’s so much from the first 3 films that can be done. Hagrids Hut with buckbeak, Knight Bus, Chamber of Secrets, duelling club, hogsmead  and the Shrieking Shack, privet Drive, the Stone challenges with fluffy, the troll scene, common rooms, class rooms, the clock tower, the dark tower...so so much!!!

17 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Chamber has a chance of happening. If the line is successful I have no doubt it will happen. Maybe not next year, but the following.

i really hope Diagon Alley is coming. A nice Modular type build with a cobbled Street would be cool, but I’m fine with standard system facades.

im glad the list is fake, there’s so much from the first 3 films that can be done. Hagrids Hut with buckbeak, Knight Bus, Chamber of Secrets, duelling club, hogsmead  and the Shrieking Shack, privet Drive, the Stone challenges with fluffy, the troll scene, common rooms, class rooms, the clock tower, the dark tower...so so much!!!

Agreed, but really the only set that doesn’t interest me all that much is that room of requirement set. I really hope Lego makes every major scene and character and creature from the Harry Potter movies this time around. I’m not holding out too much hope for that but it certainly would be nice

25 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

I just saw another leak of the Ollivander on ninja_whipleaks3.0 on Instagram so maybe the Diagon Alley at least will happen, I think there's more evidence towards that

I agree but I also think there’s evidence for a Chamber Of Secrets set because of the lack of any characters involved in that scene. Also, we know the designers wanted to include it in the Great Hall set but couldn’t for budgeting reasons so settled on that awful Basilisk to act as a villain other than Quirrell. So it could still happen, I think it’s sefinitely possible at some point down the road

Tbh it sounds totally like a wishlist to me, since a d2c was revealed people were screaming for Diagon Alley. Now very soon after the confirmation of microscale Hogwarts all of the sudden another d2c pops up with Diagon Alley. Including tons of minifigures including non named deadeaters for army building, 2 goblins which require new molding, Molly Weasley and more. Plus there is the chamber of secrets with the missing characters from the cmf wave and last but not least the room of requirements with characters that shouldn't be there. I would love it but I don't see it happening. But lego please prove me wrong.

7 hours ago, HalfPintOfInnes said:

The one included in that set was so badly received it's enough for them to rethink their decision.

They aren't really rethinking it if they're still going with brick-built...

7 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Ok so the thing with the basilisk was that it was included in the great hall to give the set a villain other than Voldemort. So them making a actual basilisk set to do it justice makes perfect sense

A basilisk made from molded pieces would do it justice.

Glad to hear this is fake though.  Interested in seeing what will actually come next.

Worth noting that Colin Creevey (assuming that's who the leaker was referring too) was not actually part of Dumbledore's army in the films, (which is what the sets are based off). Yet he is listed as one of the minifgures. 

2 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

2 goblins which require new molding,

Not if they just use the old moulds for goblins from the 2011 gringotts. 

4 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

Worth noting that Colin Creevey (assuming that's who the leaker was referring too) was not actually part of Dumbledore's army in the films, (which is what the sets are based off). Yet he is listed as one of the minifgures. 

2 things 

1) Colin Creevey is in the DA in the film (not shown as the character but his name is on the list)

2) character could easily be the young student that gets blasted backwards by, I think, Harry

2 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

Not if they just use the old moulds for goblins from the 2011 gringotts. 

Why would they do that? With all the new moulds for this theme, why would they use a 16 year old mould? If they’ve redone Dobby then they will redo the Goblins

I also think that the minifig list is wrong for Diagon. My guess is that we get Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, Ginny, Lockhart, Lucius, Ollivander, and two of the goblins. Maybe a spare death eater. Lockhart and Ginny cover the key missing minifigs from Chamber. Myrtle and Riddle will likely be CMFs. I don't see Molly or Arthur so they can be exclusives to the eventual The Burrow.  Another big reason why I think Diagon will come out later this year is because of Lockhart. He's the only DADA teacher not made and that was so odd especially with Slughorn being released before him though it's his lego debut. Combine that with the leaked Ollivander and they were both at Diagon it just makes sense. There is too much speculative evidence for it not to be true. 

Edited by RODDY

But that Diagon set looks microscale to me.

Am I the only one? 

In that case I'd expect it to be way bigger than that. 

9 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Am I the only one? 

The one shown in the background of the video is not the final product. If anything, it’s only a way to hint at what’s to come. It may even be a moc, but I do think it’s safe to say that a Diagon Alley is coming at some point in the near future, I just don’t think it’s necessarily the same as what the video shows at all

30 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Am I the only one? 

It's definitely not system scale, most likely a MOC because it isn't that accurate to be an official microscale set tbh, it looks more like the architecture las vegas skyline tbh.

I’m very skeptical about the list, but this new rebooted theme is such a wildcard that nothing would necessarily surprise me. Personally, I don’t think the Basilisk being in the Great Hall set means we won’t get a better version in a Chamber Of Secrets set. I feel like if the list was a made up wishlist, it would consist of not only more than three sets, but also more desirable ones. Diagon Alley and COS are very desirable but I feel like the room of requirement doesn’t fit a wishlist style. I don’t know. I’m not convinced they’re real by any means, but I’m also not convinced that they’re fake.

I don't actually think that the Diagon Alley can be a D2c, I think that can be a 170-200 € Set, and also it's clearly a Minifig scale set, see the windows of the Weasley shop at the top, a microscale Hogwarts is reasonable but a Microscale Diagon Alley at this moment isn't

I don't care too much if the leaks are real or not, the only thing I'd prioritize on my wishlist is a new and improved Basilisk. Simply having any Harry Potter sets again is rather... Magical. :grin:

Idk, that leak sounds pretty stupid. The CoS set is basically the same from 16 years ago

The Room of Requirement doesn't make sense in that TLG clearly intends to make sets along the with the story, and skipping to year five is definitley not something they would do.

And the $200-400, 3 building Diagon Alley doesn't really make sense since they would never make two D2C sets that early in a "new" themes life-cycle. Also going of that price the buildings would be three modulars, so, c'mon.

Yes there is still Ollivander, but does he really look like a $200+ set minifigure to you?

Edited by Alegrispa

7 hours ago, ETELENZOS92 said:

I don't actually think that the Diagon Alley can be a D2c, I think that can be a 170-200 € Set, and also it's clearly a Minifig scale set, see the windows of the Weasley shop at the top, a microscale Hogwarts is reasonable but a Microscale Diagon Alley at this moment isn't

If you watch the video in action, looking at the distance between that model and the Whomping Willow Set that can be seen in the foreground, it certainly looks smaller than minifig scale. The windows at weasleys could easily be 1x2x2. And as I said before, it looks like the top hat is just a minifig top hat, and one of the 4x4 or 6x6 domes is on top of Gringots, both are far too small for a minifig scale set

Maybe that's just part of the set and it will also include Knockturn Alley?

(BTW, I don't really think that's a MOC)

19 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

If you watch the video in action, looking at the distance between that model and the Whomping Willow Set that can be seen in the foreground, it certainly looks smaller than minifig scale. The windows at weasleys could easily be 1x2x2. And as I said before, it looks like the top hat is just a minifig top hat, and one of the 4x4 or 6x6 domes is on top of Gringots, both are far too small for a minifig scale set

When I initially suggested it looked microscale you disagreed and said it looked system/minifig scale. Personally I’d love them to release Diagon Alley as separate highly detailed modular buildings that they release each year. But I can’t see it happening. Whatever the outcome, I think the strategic placement of it in the Hogwarts designer video has had the desired effect; the online discussions would be invaluable market research for TLG.