Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, Sharwood1 said:

I called Lego this afternoon asking what time and they said 9am uk time. I'm in Australia so 6pm. 40min time 

Good call, thanks for the heads up, been refreshing since 6:30am UK time :)

42 minutes ago, Sharwood1 said:

I called Lego this afternoon asking what time and they said 9am uk time. I'm in Australia so 6pm. 40min time 

Available in Norway now :sweet:

Edit: "Pre-order this item today; it will be in by 1 Sep 2018"*huh*

I am waiting for a better deal anyway so do not matter for me, but bad news it that is true for day one shoppers..

Edited by Roebuck
Pre-order

4 minutes ago, sunhuntin said:

WOOOO, GOT MINE! Smooth as silk. Hope everyone else has the same luck. Thanks so much for the heads up, @Sharwood1

"Back orders accepted, will ship in 30 days"

Back order after 5 mins, is that even faster than the MF?! *oh2*

Edit " Available now" again..
Edited by Roebuck
Available again

Got mine ordered in the U.K.  sad we have to wait until 1st September. I thought the whole idea was that VIP got it early, not just got to preorder it :(

4 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

"Back orders accepted, will ship in 30 days"

Back order after 5 mins, is that even faster than the MF?! *oh2*

It's available now, try to refresh. God, I am so tempted! But I've decided to wait for Christmas, during double points or for a GWP. I wouldn't build it immediately anyway, going on vacation next week.

31 minutes ago, NatLego117 said:

Got mine ordered in the U.K.  sad we have to wait until 1st September. I thought the whole idea was that VIP got it early, not just got to preorder it :(

It should be availible for VIPs

EDIT: it says ‘availible now’ for me, maybe you weren’t signed in??

just for mine in store at Brighton in the U.K., they had plenty of stock it seems. Lego actually has a handle on this release?!

Edited by Whovastron

40 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

It should be availible for VIPs

EDIT: it says ‘availible now’ for me, maybe you weren’t signed in??

just for mine in store at Brighton in the U.K., they had plenty of stock it seems. Lego actually has a handle on this release?!

It definitely said “Pre-order this item today; it will be in by 1 Sep 2018" initially and then it changed it to “available now”. It’s wasn’t a sign-in thing.

12 minutes ago, Markalus said:

It definitely said “Pre-order this item today; it will be in by 1 Sep 2018" initially and then it changed it to “available now”. It’s wasn’t a sign-in thing.

Yeah I was definitely signed in. But I just checked my order status and it’s changed to “in warehouse” now. I think it was “in progress” before. So maybe that’s a good sign?

1 minute ago, NatLego117 said:

Yeah I was definitely signed in. But I just checked my order status and it’s changed to “in warehouse” now. I think it was “in progress” before. So maybe that’s a good sign?

Great! In warehouse is what you want! 

It’s up in the US. And for once the website was smooth sailing— I was even able to use gift cards to pay. 

3 1/2 hours into the build. I’m building the tower and great hall, whilst my other half is building the east wig/bridge/building connecting to the tower. So handy that it comes with 4 instruction manuals 

I live 3 1/2 hours away from the closest Lego store otherwise I would have preordered this for sure and be picking it up now. I’m moving back to a place that’s much closer to one of them soon so I’ll probably wait til around Christmas (if I can muster that much self control) and get double VIP points on it and maybe a GWP

6 hours ago, NatLego117 said:

"In Progress" is when they are checking your order and things - during this time you should recieve your receipt. When it reaches "In Warehouse" stage it has acknowledged that the item is actually physically available at the current time and they are organizing it into a batch to be shipped to a nearby location. Then when it is in a reasonable distance at a local warehouse for instance, it will change to "Shipped".  Would not worry about it, pretty sure the intitial remarks about a 'Back Order/Pre-order' was just a derp on the part of the Lego website. Chances are they have a lot of these stocked considering the popularity. They also have additional stock arriving just before the general release also.

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

"In Progress" is when they are checking your order and things - during this time you should recieve your receipt. When it reaches "In Warehouse" stage it has acknowledged that the item is actually physically available at the current time and they are organizing it into a batch to be shipped to a nearby location. Then when it is in a reasonable distance at a local warehouse for instance, it will change to "Shipped".  Would not worry about it, pretty sure the intitial remarks about a 'Back Order/Pre-order' was just a derp on the part of the Lego website. Chances are they have a lot of these stocked considering the popularity. They also have additional stock arriving just before the general release also.

Thank you for this info. It has put my mind at ease :)

So I picked up my D2C Castle this morning, and there was a pre-sale line and a regular line before the store opened. 

Luckily I pre ordered, because the store was only selling 4 for regular VIP members who didn’t come in and pre order. 

They had to turn away a lot of VIP members who didn’t know about the pre order process and said they’d get more in on Friday.

11 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Minecraft has been going 5 years, Speed Champions 4, with no sign of either slowing down. They’re close enough to evergreen as licences themes have been at Lego. Don’t really see any reason why you’d specifically say those weren’t.

"Evergreen" is a very specific term that only Lego can determine. Just because something has run for a long time doesn't mean it's evergreen. To date, the only themes officially declared as evergreen are City, Space, Castle, Star Wars, and Ninjago, if I recall correctly.

And I did say specifically that Jurassic World will be around as long as the films are being released, I never said they’d be releasing sets after the films stop being released.

If JW is not evergreen for that exact reason. Lego only makes sets for each new movie, and they don't make JW sets in years without a JW film. JW is a trilogy, and after the final film comes out in 2021, Lego will discontinue the theme.

I've now picked up Aragog's set, and a few CMFs, and I've noticed something odd. The wands in the set seem to be a softer plastic, leaving more "grab marks" where they clip into the hand, whereas the CMFs seem to have a slightly harder plastic wand, which leaves less damage visible. Has anyone else noticed that? And why wouldn't they just use the harder plastic across the board to keep the pieces in top shape?

Omg the micro figures are even tinier than I imagined! About the size of a bare head on a mini fig, It’s so small I don’t even understand how they printed onto it so well- I take back everything I said lol I’m impressed

Edited by LordVoldemort

1 hour ago, BrickJagger said:

If JW is not evergreen for that exact reason. Lego only makes sets for each new movie, and they don't make JW sets in years without a JW film. JW is a trilogy, and after the final film comes out in 2021, Lego will discontinue the theme.

Yeah, you’ve said the same thing twice to me, but I said that in my original post. I just didn’t say specifically about it being a trilogy because you never know they may make more in the future. I never said it was evergreen, I just said it’s something that will be around for the films.