Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, RODDY said:

I don't see Chamber happening right now. I understand putting it under Great Hall but wouldn't the Whomping Willow set need something underneath it as well so it wouldn't be floating in mid air? I would love a huge Chamber that extends to both sides but I don't see it. And where would we put the Willow itself? What I do see is a Girl's Bathroom to recreate COS, GOF, and HBP scenes with Polyjuice Harry, Polyjuice Ron, Moaning Myrtle, Hermione, and Ginny alongside a DADA classroom with Lockhart and  Lupin and some pixies and a Dementor as the next extension.

I expect it’ll be the Astronomy Tower as they appear to be going for architectural accuracy.

I’m picking up my D2C Hogwarts tmrw! I Pre registered and I heard it’s already sold out at my local Lego store. 

Wave 2:

Astronomy tower (castle connector)

Shrieking shack (connects to willow) 

Knight bus

Triwizard tournament 

Hagrids hut 

D2C:

Micro scale Astronomy Tower (Quidditch stadium, common rooms, transfiguration class, Divination, hospital wing, Hogwarts express, buckbeak)

Just got this email from my local LEGO store-

“We are pleased to announce the upcoming arrival of your Hogwarts Castle Preorder to the ******* LEGO Store. As a reminder, you are guaranteed your set as long as you arrive by the end of 8/22with your copy of the receipt. You must return to our location and we will process the exchange so you pay less the preorder amount already paid.

Due to the quantity of preorders, we will not have enough available tomorrow, Wednesday the 15th to satisfy everyone, but we will be receiving another shipment on Friday. Therefore,  I encourage you to come in at your leisure and take advantage of having had the opportunity to sign up for our preorder and avoid the crowds. You are welcome to call us before you head down to ensure we have one available for you.

As some of you have seen, we have been plugging away to get our display built and let me tell you, it was quite the project! I certainly hope you all find it to be as phenomenal as I did!

We are very excited to send the Hogwarts tradition forth for those of you accepted into this honored establishment!”

this is crazy- I pre ordered and they might not even have enough for the pre orders lol

36 minutes ago, RODDY said:

I don't see Chamber happening right now. I understand putting it under Great Hall but wouldn't the Whomping Willow set need something underneath it as well so it wouldn't be floating in mid air? I would love a huge Chamber that extends to both sides but I don't see it. And where would we put the Willow itself? What I do see is a Girl's Bathroom to recreate COS, GOF, and HBP scenes with Polyjuice Harry, Polyjuice Ron, Moaning Myrtle, Hermione, and Ginny alongside a DADA classroom with Lockhart and  Lupin and some pixies and a Dementor as the next extension.

I don’t think it would be under the Great Hall if they made a COS set. They considered doing that in the Great Hall set but cut it, so if they did it separately at any point, I don’t see it being placed under the GH especially since it isn’t under the GH in the movies and books. I think you’re on the right track with Myrtle’s bathroom though. If they made a COS set, the best way would be to have it on the bottom level, with Myrtle’s bathroom directly above it, all connecting to the other side of the GH or something. I really hope this happens seeing as we didn’t get Lockhart, Ginny, Riddle, or Myrtle. And if they combine scenes for this set like they did with the others it could include Hermione with a cat face. (And dear God please give us a better Basilisk)

34 minutes ago, LordVoldemort said:

Wave 2:

Astronomy tower (castle connector)

Shrieking shack (connects to willow) 

Knight bus

Triwizard tournament 

Hagrids hut 

D2C:

Micro scale Astronomy Tower (Quidditch stadium, common rooms, transfiguration class, Divination, hospital wing, Hogwarts express, buckbeak)

Is this a rumor or a whishlist?

8 hours ago, nikhkin said:

I think you're a bit confused. They came out a month early in the US only. Which was due to a deal made between TLG and Target. The UK did not get them any earlier than the rest of Europe.

It really looks like I'm a bit confused. I first thought they had been available in some UK-stores earlier. :look:

8 hours ago, wesker said:

Really? I'm honestly surprised by that as The Hobbit was a big part of the reason why the line came to a premature end. The first wave of LOTR sets sold relatively well but the Hobbit sets were clogging up the shelves to the point where major retailers like Target had to discount them at 50% off just to get rid of them - something which never happens here in Australia. The third wave of Hobbit sets also had a VERY limited run here because most retailers weren't willing to carry them. Only a few select ones like Toyworld and Myer got a single shipment of sets and that was it.

The second wave of LOTR sets didn't help the line either with questionable set choices and fan favorite characters being sidelined in favor of less desirable ones.

It varied from place to place of course by where I am more kids were buying Hobbit than LOTR. No one was interested in the third wave but the first two sold decently from what I saw. Again, I'm not saying that was the norm (and it very clearly wasn't) but I would think that more kids were buying Hobbit stuff as opposed to LOTR simply because the Hobbit movies were just coming out and LOTR was a decade old.

Something I think people are forgetting with HP being evergreen, is that Lego is nowadays more a landscape suited for evergreen licences themes, especially compared to back in the day of like pre-2013. Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Disney, Minecraft, Speed Champions, even Jurassic World, which of course isn’t evergreen, but will most certainly come back with each movie. I think Lego is keen on having evergreen franchises they can count on. Considering the ‘Wizarding World’ marketing, almost like Superheroes, and the press coverage of this theme, I think they are atleast hoping it can become one. Whether it will, who knows, but if it’s not to be, it will surely atleast last as long as Nexo Knights.

1 minute ago, Lego-fire said:

UK Lego site won't let me order 71043! Anyone had any luck?

The NZ site won't let me do it either. Odd.

35 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

Nope still just says coming soon. And I've got to go to bed so I'll just have to see what happens in the morning ...

Edited by BacktoBricks

1 hour ago, Lego-fire said:

It’s only available for VIPs, are you signed in to your Vip account?

15 hours ago, Roebuck said:

That is a interesting thought! Maybe the first waves have most HP sets, but the later waves have more FB sets. I saw the designers where complaining that they more or less where working in the dark designing Grindelwald´s Escape - 75951, because the security with new films are so high they barely get any info at all. With HP and when FB films are released they have all the source materiel they can dream off.. The other reason there are few FB sets are most likely because Lego are not sure they will sell well.. Hopefully they do so we can see the shift in a few years from HP to FB, maybe those waves will have some HP sets that where for some reason not in earlier waves like COS :grin:

I agree!

Should be doable, hopefully we see something like that soon :sweet:

If you have read or looked at a designer interview about HP it is pretty clear that first wave focused on year 1-2  (" We based these sets on movies 1 and 2 with a few bits from 3 added for flavour")! So no we have not gotten year 3 yet just a flavour from it, next wave most likely is 3 and 4.. With your logic we can say that the GH set is from every movie that has the great hall in at least one scene etc :hmpf:

It’s obvious that the Express is meant to be Year 3, given the inclusion of Lupin & Dementor. Just as the Hall is Year 1, given we have the mirror & Quirrell. Both of sets have flavors, as the designer said, of other movies, like the wall to get on the platform & the addition of the Basilis, though. 

Brickvault youtube review of the Hogwarts Castle is up and it is great. I want that set now. Can't wait for September 1st. 

Edited by geobrush

Has anybody built the sets on LDD, particularly the Great Hall and Whomping Willow? It will be a couple of months before I can get my hands on any of the sets, but I'd love to start tinkering with some mods.

Thanks if you can share. :classic:

Edit: Nevermind. They are in the LDD subforum now; they weren't when I last looked. Thanks PicnicBasketSam, if you see this!

Edited by SoupOrFishOil

4 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Something I think people are forgetting with HP being evergreen, is that Lego is nowadays more a landscape suited for evergreen licences themes, especially compared to back in the day of like pre-2013. Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Disney, Minecraft, Speed Champions, even Jurassic World, which of course isn’t evergreen, but will most certainly come back with each movie. I think Lego is keen on having evergreen franchises they can count on. Considering the ‘Wizarding World’ marketing, almost like Superheroes, and the press coverage of this theme, I think they are atleast hoping it can become one. Whether it will, who knows, but if it’s not to be, it will surely atleast last as long as Nexo Knights.

Minecraft and Speed Champions are not evergreen, and I actually see Minecraft ending the second kids stop playing the game, which could happen soon.

Jurassic World will likely be discontinued after the third and final JW film is released. You likely won't see more JW sets until if/when Universal decides to make more movies.

Yeah, it'll last as long as NK for sure. Evergreen is another story.

Starting to look like Hogwarts Castle is another Lego Shop at Home release fail? Or are they waiting for a midnight EST worldwide go-live?

1 hour ago, geobrush said:

Brickvault youtube review of the Hogwarts Castle is up and it is great. I want that set now. Can't wait for September 1st. 

If it’s anything like the UCS Millennium Falcon release (and I suspect it will be) then I doubt there will be stock available come Sept 1st. In my region they are allowing 2 per customer too, which is crazy! 

2 minutes ago, Markalus said:

If it’s anything like the UCS Millennium Falcon release (and I suspect it will be) then I doubt there will be stock available come Sept 1st. In my region they are allowing 2 per customer too, which is crazy! 

My store's pre-order list of 60 will be filled tomorrow and they say they have extras on hand. This is wayyyy more than the half-dozen UCS MFs they had. Looks like Lego is better prepared this time.

Edited by eliminator

8 minutes ago, eliminator said:

My store's pre-order list of 60 will be filled tomorrow and they say they have extras on hand. This is wayyyy more than the half-dozen UCS MFs they had. Looks like Lego is better prepared this time.

Let’s hope so. Pre-orders is a great step towards pre-empting demand. I still think they will be overwhelmed with orders though.

2 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Minecraft and Speed Champions are not evergreen, and I actually see Minecraft ending the second kids stop playing the game, which could happen soon.

Jurassic World will likely be discontinued after the third and final JW film is released. You likely won't see more JW sets until if/when Universal decides to make more movies.

Yeah, it'll last as long as NK for sure. Evergreen is another story.

Minecraft has been going 5 years, Speed Champions 4, with no sign of either slowing down. They’re close enough to evergreen as licences themes have been at Lego. Don’t really see any reason why you’d specifically say those weren’t.

even if they’re not evergreen, they have both lasted longer than most previous licences themes, so the likelihood of Harry Potter being around for a while is good. And I did say specifically that Jurassic World will be around as long as the films are being released, I never said they’d be releasing sets after the films stop being released.

Edited by Whovastron

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It’s only available for VIPs, are you signed in to your Vip account?

Yep I am a VIP and 7 hours post midnight and still not available on UK S@H. I live min 6 hours from a Lego store so no chance of picking it up in person unfortunately. Kind of think I should wait in case they do an exclusive poly or something on September 1st (Ollivander?), but at this rate I'll have to.

Edited by BacktoBricks

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

Yep I am VIP and 7 hours post midnight and still not available on UK S@H. I live min 60 hours from a Lego store so no chance of picking it up in person unfortunately. Kind of think I should wait in case they do an exclusive poly or something on September 1st (Ollivander?), but at this rate I'll have to.

According the september calendar there isn’t a HP polybags.

i hope t come online for all you guys soon enough. My and the misses are just getting up to head to our nearest store to pick one up

2 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

According the september calendar there isn’t a HP polybags.

i hope t come online for all you guys soon enough. My and the misses are just getting up to head to our nearest store to pick one up

Yeah I know, but the calendar hasn't been completely reliable of late. I'm not saying there will be anything, just that for such a large purchase it seems odd. 

Hope you manage to get one. Happy building! 

Edited by BacktoBricks

Midnight here in California and the 71043 is still not available for order. Ah well! it is okay. I can wait. I hope everyone who wants one now is able to get one! =)

4 hours ago, Vindicare said:

It’s obvious that the Express is meant to be Year 3, given the inclusion of Lupin & Dementor. Just as the Hall is Year 1, given we have the mirror & Quirrell. Both of sets have flavors, as the designer said, of other movies, like the wall to get on the platform & the addition of the Basilis, though. 

I do not think you understand what I mean.. Yes, the express is meant to be year 3 or at least have some bits from it like most of the minifigs (even tough the trolley witch and small legs on the kids are from 1-2). The only other bit I see from 3 is the hole in the WW.. So do you really think that a couple of minifigs and a hole in a tree is everything Lego are making from probably the most popular HP movie *huh* I could be wrong time will show, but next wave most likely will have several year 3 sets (probably with the new legs on the kids as well) :wink: