Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

12 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

Does anybody know when the sets hit the german/austrian amazon?

Ich hab gelesen dass sie am 28. September in alle Stores kommen

1 hour ago, topiku said:

Ich hab gelesen dass sie am 28. September in alle Stores kommen

Oh, ich hatte angenommen die Sets sind bei uns schon in Geschäften.

Edited by Alegrispa

31 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

Ja, bis jetzt nur im Lego Store

59 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

28 minutes ago, topiku said:

Ja, bis jetzt nur im Lego Store

Ich frage mich auch, warum LEGO uns immer "anders als andere behandelt". In den USA und in Großbrittanien sind die Harry Potter Sets bereits seit Anfang Juli überall (also auch in normalen Spielzeugläden) erhältlich.

I'm also wondering, why some things are different in Germany than in other countries. In the US and in Great Britian the HP-sets are available since July 1st in all markets.

Aber ich denke, dass wir unsere Unterhaltung lieber auf Englisch fortsetzen sollten, damit uns jeder verstehen kann.

Let's move back to English, so everybody can understand us.

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

10 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Several members mention the LOTR as a example with its huge fan base, but how many of those are children in the Lego buying age?! Very few I would guess compared to HP..

I am sure Lego will make a second wave in 2019 (or 2020), after that it depends on the sale how many waves we get.. So better get everyone you know to buy the sets for themselves and/or their kids :tongue:

This is very true, yesterday I finally went to the store to buy the sets and the store was full of children being like 'Mom, Dad, Harry Potter lego is finally back'. I assume they were just old enough to have experienced the 2011 wave. They sell very well.

11 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Time will show how many sets/waves we get..

If Lego want to they can keep the line going for many years:

•  Hogwarts parts set is easily 10 sets if they like
  • They made 40 CMF figs from batman so 100 from HP/FB is no problem
  • Diagon alley could be like winter village with a set of one shop per year for a long time
  • Ministry of magic from each country (FB will most likely visit several more in the future) could be a huge D2C set series
  • So far we have gotten 2 FB sets from 2 movies, we could get plenty more from those two and the 3 next films
  • Etc

Several members mention the LOTR as a example with its huge fan base, but how many of those are children in the Lego buying age?! Very few I would guess compared to HP..

I am sure Lego will make a second wave in 2019 (or 2020), after that it depends on the sale how many waves we get.. So better get everyone you know to buy the sets for themselves and/or their kids :tongue:

Do you think children are going to want several Ministry of Magic sets that are essentially large gray buildings? I don't. :laugh:

I also can't see three more CMF series happening, maybe one or two. By the third one you'd be into obscurity once again.

Regarding LOTR, a surprising amount of children seemed to be into the Hobbit movies when they came out. I think it's a fair comparison, albeit a bit rough. Nonetheless, my earlier post was less about LOTR and more about not getting overconfident. 

1 hour ago, BrickJagger said:

Do you think children are going to want several Ministry of Magic sets that are essentially large gray buildings? I don't. :laugh:

I also can't see three more CMF series happening, maybe one or two. By the third one you'd be into obscurity once again.

Regarding LOTR, a surprising amount of children seemed to be into the Hobbit movies when they came out. I think it's a fair comparison, albeit a bit rough. Nonetheless, my earlier post was less about LOTR and more about not getting overconfident. 

Whilst I agree with not getting over confident, I think the popularity of middle earth amping children when compared to the Wizarding World is not very comparable. The middle earth franchise appeals more to older collectors nowadays, children are very into HP now because their parents were kids when the franchise began, and a whole new generation is being introduced.

EDIT: all I want from this theme is some characters from the later movies, a few more Hogwarts sets (atleast the Clock tower, Astronomy tower and bell towers) and a proper Basilisk and Hungarian Horntail

Edited by Whovastron

Surely if Lego thought this theme would be moderately successful they'd have literally done a huge wave covering most of the movies? The fact that they've only done a couple of movies so far speaks volumes to me.

24 minutes ago, LegoAndDisney said:

Surely if Lego thought this theme would be moderately successful they'd have literally done a huge wave covering most of the movies? The fact that they've only done a couple of movies so far speaks volumes to me.

A huge wave covering all movies makes no sense to me, the sets would just be competing with each other. If LEGO didn't think they would do well, they wouldn't make Harry Potter sets. What they do now is follow their own formulae, 5-6 sets per wave  spread across a price range.

48 minutes ago, LegoAndDisney said:

Clearly if Lego thought the line would be successful they would do the opposite, which they did. Why would they put all of their interesting, colorful eggs in one basket? The future waves would be filled with less interesting and desirable scenes and characters. They're drawing things out this way because they have faith in its longevity. 

Also, I'm not sure why you're doubting this theme so early when everything we've heard and seen so far has indicated that it's doing extremely well..

Is the Quiddich Lesson set rumour from a good source? If it is, it could feature Madam Hooch in her Flying Lesson robes, which are different from the ones she wears during the game which will appear in the Bricktober four pack. 

The flying lesson scene also features students from every house, so might be a more reasonably priced way of getting lots of uniforms. If that were the case you could have Neville, Crabbe or Goyle, then for example Hannah Abbott and Michael Corner from Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw respectively. Although they aren't featured in the film, neither is Lucien Bole from the Quiddich Match set. 

However, if it featured one of every Quiddich team, I'd be very happy with that too! 

The Target near me restocked the CMF wave, so I was finally able to get Voldemort and Trelawney, so now I have the complete series!  Definitely a great lineup of characters and variants overall.

At least in my area, the LEGO Harry Potter sets and CMF series alike have been selling incredibly well everywhere.  Every Target, Walmart, and Barnes and Noble stocking the sets I've been to never have many of the sets left on the shelves, with little to no sign of the CMF bags remaining in most cases.  The store employees I've spoken to across numerous locations have told me that they've had trouble keeping enough of the LEGO Harry Potter merchandise left on the shelves to meet demand.  The promotional mini Hogwarts Express building event that the Barnes and Noble closest to me held was so packed with kids and their parents that I could barely move through the section of the store where the event was being held.  Even the Harry Potter polybag set seems to be selling better than the other polybag sets at the Targets near me.  Everything I've seen and heard suggests that the new LEGO Harry Potter line has overall been a massive hit that generated considerably more demand than any of the stores around me could have anticipated.

16 hours ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

Ich frage mich auch, warum LEGO uns immer "anders als andere behandelt". In den USA und in Großbrittanien sind die Harry Potter Sets bereits seit Anfang Juli überall (also auch in normalen Spielzeugläden) erhältlich.

I'm also wondering, why some things are different in Germany than in other countries. In the US and in Great Britian the HP-sets are available since July 1st in all markets.

Aber ich denke, dass wir unsere Unterhaltung lieber auf Englisch fortsetzen sollten, damit uns jeder verstehen kann.

Let's move back to English, so everybody can understand us.

I will exchange my french price for the german price.

On 8/13/2018 at 10:13 AM, Black Numenorean said:

I will exchange my french price for the german price.

Haha :laugh:

But give me one reason why Europeans get the sets one month later than US and have to wait another two months till we can buy them cheaper in other toy-stores.

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

I think people are missing what I'm saying. I'm saying Lego are expecting it to be successful, hence the focus on just a couple of movies at a time :laugh:

Has anyone in the UK seen the CMS in Asda? They seem to only have the Aragog set in my local one, it's the place I've found it most easy to feel packets in the past to get the figures I want. 

30 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Has anyone in the UK seen the CMS in Asda? They seem to only have the Aragog set in my local one, it's the place I've found it most easy to feel packets in the past to get the figures I want. 

No. I've only found them in Argos, Sainsburys and WH Smiths. Even my local Tesco hasn't got any yet or even any of the sets.

I have heard a lot of stories that stores are having trouble keeping them in stock.  I wonder if the issue is high demand as assumed by most, or low supply.

11 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Well modular buildings sell enough and they are just buildings.. Who said anything about them being grey, a set like that would obviously focus on the fantastic diverse interiors and not necessarily the outside of the buildings..

I also can't see three more CMF series happening, maybe one or two. By the third one you'd be into obscurity once again

I am not saying they will make 3 more, but that they easily could. At least 5 characters from the first would be in the next series as well etc and do not forget FB, we are missing a minimum of 10 characters from the new movie + the possibility for updated characters we already got..

and more about not getting overconfident.

That is a valid point, but so far it is looking good at least :wink:

1 hour ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

Haha :laugh:

But give me one reason why Europeans get the sets one month later than UK and US and have to wait another two months till we can buy them cheaper in other toy-stores.

First, i don't think you will find cheapers Hp sets in toy stores, except for amazon.

Second, i just speculate with the fact that maybe Rowling wanted to favorizate the anglo-saxon first, because it is the main fans of the wizarding world.

Third, Germany is a popular country about Lego so maybe TLC wants you to buy the set in their homes, to earn more money.

4 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

First, i don't think you will find cheapers Hp sets in toy stores, except for amazon.

At least in Norway the price in cheaper in some stores and there are always campaigns several times a year with up to 40% off in some shops..

Second, i just speculate with the fact that maybe Rowling wanted to favorizate the anglo-saxon first, because it is the main fans of the wizarding world.

Personally I think Rowling has very little to do with it. I wild guess could be that Lego expect them to sell a lot, so they release them to different times in different countries to spit up the first rush of people buying the sets. So they do not end up being sold out everywhere at the same time with no chance of restocking in the near future..

Third, Germany is a popular country about Lego so maybe TLC wants you to buy the set in their homes, to earn more money.

As long as people buy the sets I guess Lego are earning plenty no matter where they sell them :grin:

I asked this question a few times, so I try asking again:

Does anyone know how to get a full CMF box in middle Europe, specific Germany? Can you purchase one in a Toys R us? Because I asked, and they said this is not possible. And all places on the internet either are selling them overpriced or would need to ship from the US.

Does anyone have a hint for me?

1 hour ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I asked this question a few times, so I try asking again:

Does anyone know how to get a full CMF box in middle Europe, specific Germany? Can you purchase one in a Toys R us? Because I asked, and they said this is not possible. And all places on the internet either are selling them overpriced or would need to ship from the US.

Does anyone have a hint for me?

french amazon