Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

No leaks on Harry Potter yet but given how superheroes, ninjago, and overwatch stuff are leaking I’m sure Harry Potter won’t be far behind

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

No leaks on Harry Potter yet but given how superheroes, ninjago, and overwatch stuff are leaking I’m sure Harry Potter won’t be far behind

If you can call what we've been getting leaks. Set numbers and USD price points are meaningless (especially to someone who buys Lego with AUD), I want pictures!

1 hour ago, LegoAndDisney said:

I'm hearing there's new HP leaks? Where can I find these?

I've seen a couple of images of an Ollivander minifigure on Instagram. Does anyone have any info on that?

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I'm new to the forum. :classic:

11 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

I've seen a couple of images of an Ollivander minifigure on Instagram. Does anyone have any info on that?

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I'm new to the forum. :classic:

Yeah that’s a fairly old leak. We have no idea where it’s from or when it’s coming. It is quite the mystery 

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The only leak I've found is a FB brickhead, and an unspecified one at that :hmpf_bad:

where did you see it? MP (if you cannot tell here)

5 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well we have a leak of a upcoming Harry Potter set “Harry Potter quidditch lesson”

We do? Where? How?

14 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well we have a leak of a upcoming Harry Potter set “Harry Potter quidditch lesson”

Decided to split those Bricktober packs and put the minifigures into small sets maybe?

1 minute ago, BacktoBricks said:

Decided to split those Bricktober packs and put the minifigures into small sets maybe?

Also my thoughts. Very interesting. But than again in which set are they going to put the other figures. I mean (and this is purely speculation) Umbridge and bogart Snape could be included in a DADA set I suppose, but what about Slughorn? We already got the potions classroom. Hagrids Hut maybe? Still we'll get the marvel pack so it would be strange to not release the other ones. But if we get the packs why release a training set :wacko:. These bricktober packs are truly a mystery.

AGH NEW SETS!?
Maybe I'll hold off on the D2C for now in case they're coming early '19?

I hope the Quidditch Lessons is just like a small flying lessons class, not the second half of the Quidditch Pitch cause I bought 2x of the first one. 

31 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

That’s just the name it was listed

Yes, though Target's database also includes some of the other original Harry Potter sets. Notably, those lack set numbers and are completely capitalized, similar to the entry you found. So, I think you may have just stumbled on an old set.

3 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I strongly doubt they would do that, it would probably be too costly and too disruptive to regular production to even consider doing it. Especially for a small promo set. And the next wave of Harry Potter sets probably had their design completed even before the current wave hit the streets.

Toys'R Us are alive and kicking in other countries and will probably run the promo as planned. I expect to be able to get them here in Norway at least, last year they were gift-with-purchase but also possible to buy for about €20.

Edited by LegoFjotten
Typo

12 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

I strongly doubt they would do that, it would probably be too costly and too disruptive to regular production to even consider doing it. Especially for a small promo set. And the next wave of Harry Potter sets probably had their design completed even before the current wave hit the streets.

Toys'R Us are alive and kicking in other countries and will probably run the promo as planned. I expect to be able to get them here in Norway at least, last year they were gift-with-purchase but also possible to by for about €20.

I've read in several different places that Lego will be doing the bricktober this year, not TRU or any other retailer

1 hour ago, latenightguy said:

Yes, though Target's database also includes some of the other original Harry Potter sets. Notably, those lack set numbers and are completely capitalized, similar to the entry you found. So, I think you may have just stumbled on an old set.

There’s no previous set called “Quidditch Lesson”. The 2002 set was “Flying Lesson” and the 2010 set was “Quidditch Match”. 

2 minutes ago, LegoHPbrickfilms said:

How long do you guys think this line will last? I really hope it doesn't end up like LOTR and just end with two waves. Hope for at least 4-5 years! :) 

Well it’s extremely popular so far, and there will be a Fantastic Beast films around every 2 years or so to keep popularity in the Wizarding world alive. This will run for atleast 3 years I say, as Lego like to plan atleast 3 years of themes.

54 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

I've read in several different places that Lego will be doing the bricktober this year, not TRU or any other retailer

I really hope this is the case. In the UK it's been a pain to try and get the Bricktober stuff before (at least in my area). 

Making it a Lego-specific thing will hopefully make it far simpler to do so

That is true, @GoldenNinja300, but there are also entries like "LEGO Potter Winged Key Room NCF" and "LEGO Potter Hogwart Castle NCF". Both of these link to older sets with slightly different names, such as the Quidditch one.

Even if it doesn't follow the naming conventions, it seems unlikely that we would receive another Hogwarts Quidditch set. A new one was just released and Madame Hooch is in the Bricktober pack.

In short, to prevent further speculation, the chances of this set being new seem highly unlikely.

Edited by latenightguy

1 hour ago, RyanMe said:

It would be pretty weird if the remaining TRU stores would not carry the promotion I think. If LEGO runs the same promotion that is great, I'm all for good availability for these packs - but until something solid is posted I'm assuming they will be available at TRU too.

7 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

It would be pretty weird if the remaining TRU stores would not carry the promotion I think. If LEGO runs the same promotion that is great, I'm all for good availability for these packs - but until something solid is posted I'm assuming they will be available at TRU too.

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say that Lego will carry the bricktober event in the US and UKand U.K. but TRU will still carry it where they are still around

So do we think we are getting a January Wave or waiting till Summer? Because if it's for Summer we got ways to go. I don't remember the names leaking till December of last yesr and the descriptions were BS. And we didn't anything about the Hogwarts Express till the press release. As for Quidditch Lesson, maybe a battlepack? I wouldn't put any faith in leaks just quite yet. Lego is wisely putting their cards to its chest. 

Edited by RODDY

2 hours ago, latenightguy said:

That is true, @GoldenNinja300, but there are also entries like "LEGO Potter Winged Key Room NCF" and "LEGO Potter Hogwart Castle NCF". Both of these link to older sets with slightly different names, such as the Quidditch one.

Even if it doesn't follow the naming conventions, it seems unlikely that we would receive another Hogwarts Quidditch set. A new one was just released and Madame Hooch is in the Bricktober pack.

In short, to prevent further speculation, the chances of this set being new seem highly unlikely.

It could be a Quidditch set with the other half of the pitch and include Hufflepuff/Ravenclaw players for the first time.