Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Personally if I were in charge of the 2019 Lego Harry’s potter sets this is what I would do:

WINTER 2019:

Herbology greenhouse- £20

professor sprout, harry herbology, Hermione herbology 

SPRING 2019:

Chamber of secrets- £60-£75 (with girls bathroom)

professor Lockhart, harry, Ron, moaning myrtle, Ginny, tom riddle

Hagrids hut- £50

Hagrid, harry, Hermione, Malfoy, Neville, buckbeak 

OR

hagrid, harry, Hermione, Ron, minister for magic, dumbledore, buckbeak 

SUMMER 2019:

The knight bus (with privet drive, similar to how whomping willow came with a section of hogwarts)- £60

Harry, Stan shunpike, ernie prang, aunt petunia, Dudley, uncle Vernon 

Hogwarts tower rescue (includes the clock tower and the dark tower and the courtyard)- £75

also has transfiguration classroom space, DADA classroom, divination classroom and slytherin common room

harry, Hermione, Sirius, lupin, buckbeak, dementor, (another teacher and student)

The graveyard duel- £35

Harry third task, Voldemort, Peter pettigrew with baby Voldemort, lucius Malfoy, deatheater

The first task- (instead of arena, a tower from hogwarts, with buildable Hungarian horntail, another section of hogwarts)£45

Harry first task, Rita skita, barty crouch snr, Cedric first task

D2C diagon alley- £200

harry (blue and grey/white checquered shirt), hagrid, Lucius Malfoy, Draco Malfoy (slytherin robe), Hermione, Ron, Ginny, molly, arthur, griphook, goblin, ollivander, madame malkin, random witch, possibly Lockhart

Harry Potter CMF series 2- £2.99

Goyle (harry), crabbe (Ron), Hermione cat, Madame pomfrey, Professor Flitwick year 1, ?,?,?,?, ?,?,?,?, ?,?,?,?, ?, ?,?,?,?

DISCLAIMER- I found it hard with some minifigs because obviously, some minifigs that came in the CMF series are pretty main characters and deserve to Be in sets, for example ideally professor trelawny would come in that clocktower hogwarts set but can’t because she was in the CMF, likewise with Voldemort in the graveyard duel- you’d have to imagine it’s  a different version 

I didn't get to open all of mine yet.  So far, I love all of Dumbledore's and Voldemort's pieces, the Niffler and Suitcase pieces, Graves, and the bread and black wand.  The wand mold in general looks fantastic, and alone is a great innovation for the Harry Potter theme.

I'm looking forward to opening a few more.  I am eager to see the medium legs and how nice the owls look in person.

Can't wait to see car builds using the Snitch as a hood ornament.

2 minutes ago, x105Black said:

I didn't get to open all of mine yet.  So far, I love all of Dumbledore's and Voldemort's pieces, the Niffler and Suitcase pieces, Graves, and the bread and black wand.  The wand mold in general looks fantastic, and alone is a great innovation for the Harry Potter theme.

I'm looking forward to opening a few more.  I am eager to see the medium legs and how nice the owls look in person.

That’s a great idea for the snitch! Might use my spare as a replacement ornament for the Joker’s Lowrider!

2 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

That’s a great idea for the snitch! Might use my spare as a replacement ornament for the Joker’s Lowrider!

That would be a good fit!

6 minutes ago, x105Black said:

This series is full of great (and useful) new parts. The printed side of Lil' Harry's cloak is a thing of beauty, and I suspect it will be popular in Castle/Fantasy MoCs. \

I don’t think you’ll get a Gryffindfor common room in the future waves as it is kind of included in the whomping willow castle section- 

As for the D2C Hogwarts- I saw photos today that showed the castle with 3 connector spots-

I was right about predicting there would be multiple interiors in the micro scale castle and I believe I’m correct in predicting we will get another D2C Microscale Hogwarts add on in the future. 

It is sliced perfectly to add on the astronomy tower/cathedral section of Hogwarts.

this set will likely include the micro interiors of the divination class, hospital wing, herbology green houses, Ravenclaw, Slytherin and hufflepuff common rooms, transfiguration class, room of requirement, and the Shrieking shack, knight bus, quidditch stadium add on.

micro figures added will be Hagrid, peter petigrew, buckbeak, madam pomfrey, professor sprout, Professor trewalney, Filch, house ghosts, Dobby, mad eye moody, slughorn, Sirius Black, Quidditch players Harry, Ron, Ginny, Malfoy, Luna, Cedric.

im assuming this will only happen if the first sells well- and I believe it will.

15 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

No, I’m just wondering if they started shipping out yet since I ordered my box from them. 

It's depend if you ordered at the beginning or not. About me, they sent me in the first place and now, i was phoned by the delivery guy yesterday

Saw something on Instagram saying the bricktober packs will indeed be gift with purchases in Lego  shops. Not sure how reliable the poster is though

10 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

I don’t think you’ll get a Gryffindfor common room in the future waves as it is kind of included in the whomping willow castle section- 

As for the D2C Hogwarts- I saw photos today that showed the castle with 3 connector spots-

I was right about predicting there would be multiple interiors in the micro scale castle and I believe I’m correct in predicting we will get another D2C Microscale Hogwarts add on in the future. 

It is sliced perfectly to add on the astronomy tower/cathedral section of Hogwarts.

this set will likely include the micro interiors of the divination class, hospital wing, herbology green houses, Ravenclaw, Slytherin and hufflepuff common rooms, transfiguration class, room of requirement, and the Shrieking shack, knight bus, quidditch stadium add on.

micro figures added will be Hagrid, peter petigrew, buckbeak, madam pomfrey, professor sprout, Professor trewalney, Filch, house ghosts, Dobby, mad eye moody, slughorn, Sirius Black, Quidditch players Harry, Ron, Ginny, Malfoy, Luna, Cedric.

im assuming this will only happen if the first sells well- and I believe it will.

Where did you see images of connector spots? I totally believe another microscale Hogwarts is possible (look at Ninjago City and Ninjago City Docks) but I figured they would just sit next to each other, not actually connect. 

12 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

I have no idea where you’re looking, there’s no connector points anywhere that I can see. With the way the set is set up, a second set just wouldn’t work. There’s terrain on the bottom on the interior that would prevent any connection, or just sitting behind the set. And you can’t add buildings like the astronomy tower or clock tower, without it being behind the interior of the current set, which just wouldn’t work with the interior of this set.

Edited by Whovastron

If you look on IG a user called “stonewarsde” has a picture with f the connection points but I believe this is just to aid transportation of the set. Pretty sure there will be no additional parts.

There are connector spots ( technic axles it looks like). Even if it is just for portability it seems that if it does well enough they can totally make another D2C of this size to combine with it. My hopes aren't high but I don't think it's impossible to pull it off. 

1 hour ago, Heppy9 said:

If you look on IG a user called “stonewarsde” has a picture with f the connection points but I believe this is just to aid transportation of the set. Pretty sure there will be no additional parts.

100% for transportation/ease of build

The problem with maki g the second set is that you can’t do the right side of the castle, as the front of that part is represented in the set, and has just been cut off. They could potentially do it with the Astor only tower/bell towers being the front of the set, but they’re not iconic enough for another £300+ I reckon

Besides, a set of this magnitude has to be able to stand on its own, rather than just being an add-on :wink: The Ninjago city docks set or the modular buildings are designed to be combined with other sets, but each of those looks good even without owning the other sets they're supposed to go along with. I'm not sure the same could be said for a Hogwarts add-on like that...

Those connecting points are definitely only there to make transportation easier. I thought that the points were on the far right side of the castle (like the bricks with holes on the back of the Great Hall) which would have implied that something else could be added on, but it doesn’t look like that’s the case. They could still make a second microscale Hogwarts, but that side of the castle isn’t as iconic as this one and I’m not sure Lego would want to make another set. 

Those Technic connectors are just like the ones in the 1966 Batcave. It holds the 3 main sections of the set together. 

If Lego intended for there to be an actual extension we would see connection points on the sides or back, which aren't there. I managed to get a pretty good look at the demo one in my local store and there's no logical points to connect anything else. If they did, it would be a completely free-standing set and would (IMO) look bad if you didn't have the first set to go with it. 

On 8/2/2018 at 10:56 AM, Legolis said:

(snip)I found the same Harry, Hermione, Ron, Neville, Draco, Dean, Cho pattern repeated.

This pattern was repeated in each of the three rows in my box too. Full list of positions in my box in spoiler tags.

Spoiler

Note: Bottom of list is front of box, imagine you are looking at the box from the front. Percival Graves was 4th from the back in the left row, but I've found him in both 2nd & 3rd position in other boxes.

Jacob Kowalski Queenie Queenie
Jacob Kowalski Queenie Jacob Kowalski
Newt Harry Creedence
Percival Graves Hermione Harry
Harry Ron Hermione
Hermione Neville Ron
Ron Draco Neville
Neville Dean Draco
Draco Cho Dean
Dean Creedence Cho
Cho Cedric Cedric
Cedric Luna Harry PJ's
Luna Harry PJ's Trewlaney
Tina Dobby Voldemort
Trewlaney Dumbledore Tina
Dobby Mad-Eye Moody Tina
Dumbledore Voldemort Dobby
Mad-Eye Moody Flitwick Voldemort
Flitwick Newt Dumbledore
Flitwick Newt Mad-Eye Moody

You are all probably right- but here are the reasons I suspect we'll get another D2C micro castle:

The popular 3D Hogwarts puzzle did so well they made an astronomy tower add on, heres the link-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0drI9p3LIG0

It's beautiful enough to stand alone on it's own and it would probably include the grounds and quidditch stadium which is iconic. It would also probably be cheaper.

If I was LEGO i'd have this set ready to go in case the first sells well and they sliced the castle perfectly in case they decide too. 

This could also be said about the mini figure waves as well- although because the mini fig sets seem to be aimed towards children I don't think it's likely they will do a mini fig D2C as it won't match up with the current sets unless they do something not hogwarts related like diagon alley? but I don't think so, I think they'll keep any future harry potter D2C sets in micro scale, and focus more on the architecture aspect, but still include the interiors like the first. Which makes me think we'll get a D2C astronomy tower micro scale Hogwarts add on.

I'll have to disagree completely on that. :laugh:

I think there is zero chance we will see another Harry Potter D2C microscale set. If we get another D2C set my guess is that it will be a something suited to (and with) minifigures. A new Diagon Alley would be one candidate, personally I would prefer a D2C Burrow.

I also think it's unlikely Lego will take a modular approach to both the minifig scale and microscale castles. It looks like they already have big plans for scaling up the minifig scale sets, and - having seen the D2C in the London flagship store this week - I genuinely didn't see where an extension could be attached.

Happy to be proved wrong though!

46 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

I also think it's unlikely Lego will take a modular approach to both the minifig scale and microscale castles. It looks like they already have big plans for scaling up the minifig scale sets, and - having seen the D2C in the London flagship store this week - I genuinely didn't see where an extension could be attached.

Happy to be proved wrong though!

You don’t think they’ll take a modular approach to the minifigure castle? But..they already have? Both sets have modular connection points, and the Whomping Willow Set can be separated into 4 parts and be moved around in a modular system, not sure what you mean by scaling up the the minifig scale sets

21 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

You don’t think they’ll take a modular approach to the minifigure castle? But..they already have? Both sets have modular connection points, and the Whomping Willow Set can be separated into 4 parts and be moved around in a modular system, not sure what you mean by scaling up the the minifig scale sets

They’re definitely approaching minifig scale as modular (it already is) - I was saying I doubt they’d do that AND make the microscale castle modular too.

47 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

They’re definitely approaching minifig scale as modular (it already is) - I was saying I doubt they’d do that AND make the microscale castle modular too.

Ohhh, right sorry I just misread your post :look: