Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

46 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

This is the very first Cedric release. :)

Forget about it, he’s rolling.

1 hour ago, LegoSims20 said:

This is the very first Cedric release. :)

Thanks for correcting me! I must have imaged Cedric in the Graveyard set after playing LEGO Harry Potter! :laugh:

My top 5 minifigures? Hmmm, let's see, I would say:

5. Nearly Headless Nick, he translates so well into minifigure form. It was probably a hard one to make since he had to look like a ghost, but he doesn't use the ghost leg piece like the ghostbusters ghosts, he also couldn't be translucent like the one in game, and still, with the right colours they were able to make him look exactly like the character, 10 times better than the one from the lego games.

4. Mad-Eye Moody, the previous one didn't do the character justice, bad hair, pegleg on the wrong side, terrible face, wrong colours, but this one has a new hair piece, double-moulded legs and even a double-sided face to reveal barty crouch jr.

3. Trelawney, they did everything right with this figure, the previous one didn't look anything like her, but this time they went all out with an amazing hairpiece, they could've easily used the series 9 fortune teller hairpiece but gave us this amazing hairpiece anyways.

2. Michael Gambon Dumbledore, just wow, after years of terrible dumbledores which were basically just the very first one released with a colour swab we finally get a new one, even with a new hair/head combo and a new beard, they could have used the one from the lego movie, but this is just perfection.

1. Hagrid, finally a new Hagrid, I love his new body and hair, so much better than the Jack Stone based one from years ago.

5. Lupin

4. Trelawney

3. Mad-Eye

2. Hagrid

1. Richard Harris Dumbledore (maybe favorite figure of the year) 

Have not seen the sets or cmf but hope to see and buy them soon.

Might as well so here it goes

1. Mad-Eye Moody (sooo much better than the old one)

2. Young Hermione (the closest rendition lego has ever done of her)

3. Lupin 

4. Hagrid really is an improvement over the old one. 

5. Snape (really like this one better than the 2010 version, which was the only good Snape lego had done at the time) 

Hmm...order is random

Quirrell, I just love how perfect they captured Voldemort’s face. 

Hermione, from the sets. This hair is, broken record, perfect for her. 

Snape, just because he’s my dude. 

Trelawney & Moody, nice to have new teachers(even though one is a rerelease-I never had the old Moody).

Top 5 for me is:

5. Luna Lovegood (An overall great update on the character)

4. Professor Trelawney (MUCH better looking and easier to find than the previous one)

3. Michael Gambon Dumbledore (The new sloped robe piece, hat/hair combo, and beard piece all make this much better looking then the previous version)

2. Nearly Headless Nick (An amazing first take on a previously unmade character)

1. Mad-Eye Moody (Already a great update, but the alternate face and hairpiece are an excellent touch that make the figure even better)

Honorable Mentions:  Richard Harris Dumbledore, Hagrid, Young Hermione, Remus Lupin, and Invisibility Cloak Harry

I also went to Barnes and Noble earlier and got a mini Hogwarts Express.  Definitely a fun little build for what it is.  While I was there, I bought the last two CMF bags they had left and got Hermione (with Crookshanks), and Professor Flitwick.

Edited by spiderfan2000

I can’t believe I forgot to include Hagrid. He should have been on my list. A very well done minifig. 

So far Luna, Trelawney and both versions of Dumbledore seem to be the most popular.

My Harry in PJs has a cape which is somewhat wrinkled. What is the best way to get it good again? Iron it? Or put it under heavy books?

53 minutes ago, dinges44 said:

My Harry in PJs has a cape which is somewhat wrinkled. What is the best way to get it good again? Iron it? Or put it under heavy books?

I wouldn't iron it, I'd put it in an envelope so it's protected then put it under heavy books or stuff like you said. 

6 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Trelawney & Moody, nice to have new teachers(even though one is a rerelease-I never had the old Moody).

Trelawney is a rerelease as well. She came in the Prisoner of Azkaban Hogwarts. 

Only Cedric, Cho and Dean haven't been released in Harry Potter sets beforehand from the series 1 CMS. Also, only Neville and PJ Harry aren't really updates from old figs. 

Am I the only one who thinks the face prints for the CMF are really off? Compare Newt and Jacob to their set counterparts. The printing is really thick and the eyes are way too big, and a lot of the spacing and sizes of details on the CMF faces doesn’t fit the usual Lego design; like Cedric and Ron. My Newt looks almost like a knock-off because the lines are so thick. And Jacobs face looks almost twice as big as his set counterpart. Harry’s glasses are way bigger on the cloaked version than the jumper version in the sets. And then the two Grindlewald figures are just incomparable.

its honestly like the graphic designer had a day off when these got approved. The quality all round for the series looks quite low

Edit: also comparing Tina’s smiling face to her smiling face from the set is completely different

Edited by Whovastron

My 5 best from this wave:

1) Trelawney -talk about glowing up! :laugh: The old one was in such a need for an update

2) Flitwick -this is a great update and it's really accurate looking.

3) Queenie from CMF -the printing is quite impressive and the resemblance is really good

4) Hagrid -it's just really cute! 

5) Ron from CMF -spot on 

Luna, Hermione, and Gambon Dumbledore are honorable mentions. 

The Devil Snare room of Hogwarts D2C is on the left side when you separate the building part from the marble staircase tower, just behind the Flying Keys Chamber.

You can see it on Instagram on the legofanbubba user photos

Edited by ETELENZOS92

5 hours ago, ETELENZOS92 said:

The Devil Snare room of Hogwarts D2C is on the left side when you separate the building part from the marble staircase tower, just behind the Flying Keys Chamber.

Can you directly link to it because I can't find it :(

1. Cho (finally some representation for my house! I actually don't like her, but all the same!)

2. Mad-Eye (those dual-moulded legs are just beautiful!)

3. Sybil Trelawney (simply gorgeous. Nothing else to say.)

4. Dean Thomas (beautiful printed scarf, and I love the flag too.)

5. Boggart Snape (the simple fact that this exists makes me happy.)

7 hours ago, Ultron said:

Trelawney is a rerelease as well. She came in the Prisoner of Azkaban Hogwarts. 

Oh man, so she is! 

Got myself a box..

4th one from the back, left row...boom! There he is!:excited:

6 hours ago, ETELENZOS92 said:

We may be looking at two different photos, but the only photo that I’ve laid eyes on that looks sort-of like what you describe is a photo of the main tower and great hall with Hagrids Hut and whomping willow in the background.

Maybe this was mistaken for the Devil’s Snare?

15 minutes ago, Dylobs said:

We may be looking at two different photos, but the only photo that I’ve laid eyes on that looks sort-of like what you describe is a photo of the main tower and great hall with Hagrids Hut and whomping willow in the background.

Maybe this was mistaken for the Devil’s Snare?

No, in legofanbubba‘s latest photo on instagram you can see the Great Hall + tower and the other part of the castle being built on in the back, where the devil snare room is.

Has anyone thought of a way to build an obscurial? I’ve been kinda wondering how to go about it...I’m not much of a MOC’er.