Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

44 minutes ago, The Dangerous HC said:

Can’t  comment about future 3 for 2 offers, it wasn’t supposed to be known to the public before yesterday, so whoever posted it in here could actually get in a lot of trouble for posting it on an open forum, and I wasn’t going to get the Quidditch set but I caved in and bought it and I definitely do not regret it

But the person posted it here only posted it 8 hours ago so they didn't break any rules.

Just now, LegoSims20 said:

But the person posted it here only posted it 8 hours ago so they didn't break any rules.

Then they’d be fine, I just recalled seeing the email but wasn’t sure when I’d seen it

Crap, all the sets were released the 1st here in Mexico, the polybags are probably going to be all picked :laugh_hard::cry_sad: 

Edited by Otherworld

I really hope someone takes that Moody hair piece and custom dyes it in green, I want to replace my Dark Knight Joker hair with that. And if Lego doesn’t use that piece for a Revenge Of The Sith Anakin (or even Clone Wars), it would be a huge waste of potential

On 8/2/2018 at 10:56 AM, Legolis said:

Hello, long time lurker but I just wanted to add to the pattern speculation. <snip>
So my theory is I think the pattern can start anywhere in the row but the figures should be in that order when you find it. Good luck!

Yes, I just opened my box and your theory seems to hold!

My left row started with Jacob Kowalski, and the fourth figure was Graves.

Woo the train and Quidditch set are back in stock next week at my Argos so I'm going to extend my sets for almost nothing!

3 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

The LEGO store in Leicester has the D2C Hogwarts on display! It looks amazing- look at the location tag on Instagram 

It looks really good.

Does anyone know when the sets arrive at Toys R Us in Spain? I went on day 1 and they were not even there, nor did the employees know exactly when they would arrive... :cry_sad:

4 minutes ago, ETELENZOS92 said:

Does anyone know when the sets arrive at Toys R Us in Spain? I went on day 1 and they were not even there, nor did the employees know exactly when they would arrive... :cry_sad:

Aw I thought Europe was August 1st everywhere. They are available on Lego website Spain. 

11 hours ago, KristofBD said:

Yes, I just opened my box and your theory seems to hold!

My left row started with Jacob Kowalski, and the fourth figure was Graves.

I was lucky enough to find an open box sitting on a palette this morning at Target while 6 or 7 employees were rearranging the entire toy section - almost all the lego had been moved off shelves and they were still stocking the other themes. Luckily, whoever had taken some packs from the box started from the bottom right corner, so I went and took the first 6 packs from the back left row, and a few random ones from the middle.

Came away with a Harry, Hermione, Moody, Tina, Newt, Cedric, Neville, and Graves. So the back left row seems to be the place to find him. Out of curiosity, when you say there's a pattern, where is the starting figure in y'all's lists? Front of the box, and then as listed moving towards the back? Or back of box to front?

The starting figure can be different, but it seems the overall order is the same. So in the left row, if you find Newt, you know the next one is going to be Graves.  If you find Dumbledore you know he's the seventh figure down (and if you reached the end of the row, continue counting from the top).

But obviously this only holds if it's the original order of the unopened box and nobody picked/bought/swapped some of them around afterwards... 

Just now, The Real Walkers said:

Any idea about if that figure pack - with Umbridge, Slughorn, Hooch and Snap - will be available anywhere (ideally the UK)?

I'm sure we'll hear something soon about it, but no news of a release anywhere yet. 

15 minutes ago, The Real Walkers said:

Any idea about if that figure pack - with Umbridge, Slughorn, Hooch and Snap - will be available anywhere (ideally the UK)?

Trust me, when we hear anything there will be pages of it.

Went to my nearest toy store. Everything wizarding world was too expensive, picked up only a few polybags (the lady working there was also picking up some and we helped each other) Surprised to see a box was almost gone, I miss the times when there was no pack-feeling culture lol. There were lots of Tinas, it seems nobody wanted her, but managed to get a Graves woohoo!

Since we have no news on the horizon for the forseeable future, let's have a no holds barred, take no prisoner, roundtable discussion. Which are you top five minifigs thus far?

Mine:

1) Invisibility Cloak Harry

2) Neville 

3) Lupin 

4) Harris Dumbledore 

5) Mad Eye Moody/Quirell

Go! 

Edited by RODDY

So many to pick from. They are all amazing one one way or another.

1: Luna

2 Dumbledore

3 Cedric

4 Newt

5 Dobby

20 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

Trelawney

Dumbledore (CMF)

Hermione (young)

Hagrid

Dobby

Young Hermione is such a good fig an honorable mention. It's literally the only one that looks like Hermione  in whole history of the line, even the CMF comes short. 

No order for these, I just LOVE these the most:

Dean - a person of color AND he's such a minor character so it is greatly appreciated!

Cedric - I am a Hufflepuff. I missed his first release because the GOF sets did not have Hogwarts elements so I saw no point in getting them.

Newt - His smirk, his hair color and his Niffler are ADORABLE. I put the Niffler on a 1x1 and placed him into the suitcase to sit. SO cute!

Dobby - At first his sunken eyes did not seem pleasing, but I do not mind it now!

Dumbledore - Not a big fan of Gambon in HP 4-8, but I love the new beard mold on the minifigure!

Bonus mention: I LOVE Nagini's mold. He does not fit into the grid lock but that is fine because his pose is menacing!

Honorable dislikes: All three hairs of the trio as 3rd years don't do it for me. I dislike all three, but not liking all three lessens the blow! To be fair, it could be that I find the hairstyles of their first/second year hairs are PERFECT. So, I could be unfairly comparing them. (For the first/second year hair, did LEGO create unique molds for all three of them? It feels like it.)

Edited by joeee

Just now, joeee said:

Cedric - I am a Hufflepuff. I missed his first release because the GOF sets did not have Hogwarts elements so I saw no point in getting them.

This is the very first Cedric release. :)

1. 3rd year Harry for the hair, the posable short legs and Hewig

2. Luna or Lupin can't decide

3. Newt - a case and a niffler

4. Tina Goldstein - just a great representation of the character

5. Hermione for the hair, crookshanks and posable legs

Edited by shotgunmcos