Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Hello, long time lurker but I just wanted to add to the pattern speculation. I bought a box and my first row was:

Cedric Diggory
Luna Lovegood
Tina Goldstein
Trelawney
Dobby
Dumbledore
Flitwick
Flitwick
Mad Eye Moody
Jacob Kowalski
Jacob Kowalski
Newt
Percival Graves
Harry Potter
Hermione
Ron
Neville Longbottom
Draco Malfoy
Dean Thomas
Cho Chang

The box was sealed when I bought it and it didn't look like anything had moved around. But what I found really interesting was when I got to the second and third row I found the same Harry, Hermione, Ron, Neville, Draco, Dean, Cho pattern repeated. Instead of starting with Graves they both had Credence behind Harry.
I checked this against pictures other people had posted and they seemed to have the same pattern. The only difference is for a lot of people the pattern seems to start further toward the back of the box.
So I was out shopping yesterday morning and noticed a fresh looking box out so decided to have a feel and test my theory. I pulled Ron out first, so I worked back - Hermione, Harry and there he was - Graves. Only difference to my box is he was 3rd from the back, rather than 13th. I then checked the other rows for the trio and worked back to find Credence in both of those.
So my theory is I think the pattern can start anywhere in the row but the figures should be in that order when you find it. Good luck!

Cheers for that.  If Only I knew yesterday.  Just one box emptied into a bin with about 40 remaining and mixed in with the last CMF series packs. I spent half an hour and thought I got about 15 before running out of time.  I grabbed a last handful and paid for 22 bags.  Got home and opened up my first ever CMF pack.  Overall got 18/22 and was missing the 2 Harrys, Graves and Tina Goldstein.  I had duplicates of Hermione, Voldemort, Newt and Credence.

I went back in this morning and the bin was full with hundreds of them plus a few boxes freshly opened on the tills.  I asked a lad if I could take a box and search through and no problem.  Apparently all HP stuff sold like hot cakes yesterday.  So I got 5 more.  I haven't opened them yet but pretty sure I have them. Definitely Tina Goldstein and Harry with Hedwig (got 2x to have a second Hedwig) but I have my doubts about Graves and Harry with the Cloak.  If I am unsuccessful I'll go with your pattern!

Just checked the 5 bags I got this morning

Graves, Tina Goldstein, both Harrys so that gives me 22/22 yahoo!

I thought I had a second Harry with Hedwig but its another Cho Chang.  Overall 22 out of 27 bags.  It was fun :classic: and a lot less pricey that a full box.

3 minutes ago, shotgunmcos said:

Just checked the 5 bags I got this morning

Graves, Tina Goldstein, both Harrys so that gives me 22/22 yahoo!

I thought I had a second Harry with Hedwig but its another Cho Chang.  Overall 22 out of 27 bags.  It was fun :classic: and a lot less pricey that a full box.

Congrats on getting all of them!

Also, what store were you at that they had hundreds? The only place that I ever saw which had this many was LEGOLAND. Oh, if only I had a pass!

Are you a big Harry Potter fan? I am and at first it hurt to open two duplicates (of the 11 I got) ...but I quickly was fine with it because I love HP so much! :)

I haven't personally been able to go out and feel bags, but I asked a relative to pick some up. They got 3 bags and I got Tina, Queenie and Mad Eye. As I'm only really looking for the HP figures (would love a full set, but I can't see me getting my hands on a Graves so sticking to HP) it wasn't the best haul, but I was just so excited when they brought them back. I don't think I even squealed with excitement like that as a kid lol. :)

Edited by BacktoBricks

The sets have finally started appearing in stores in my area as of yesterday. I went to my local mastermind to pick up the Great Hall and Womping Willow and they were already running out. Thankfully one of the guys who runs the place knows I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and was nice enough to keep one of each behind the counter for me.

I haven't had a chance to go through the CMF line just yet, but just glancing at them most of the figures aren't doing it for me. Most of them don't really fit into the Hogwarts display that I now have so I'll likely only be feeling out teachers and students that didn't already come in sets.

On Credence's alternate face, is there supposed to be white in the middle of the silver circles? I've been looking at my figure, and it kind of looks like the flesh tone continues beneath the silver circles. Is there meant to be a brighter white, or is it just hard to distinguish the white from flesh tone?

Can anyone remind me about the details of that four pack of Hooch, Umbridge, Slughorn and Snape. Is it something to do with October? 

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

Can anyone remind me about the details of that four pack of Hooch, Umbridge, Slughorn and Snape. Is it something to do with October? 

For the United States(and some other parts of the world) it’s up in the air because it was a Toys R Us promo. I hope something happens with them, I want those minifigs. 

Just now, LegoSims20 said:

If anyone in the UK comes across the polybag in a shop that isn't £9, please let me know. 

Seems it’s exclusive to Hamley’s because of their Harry Potter merch floor. If it’s gknna show up somewhere else it will be Tesco or Entertainer, both are getting exclusive polybags. Entertainer aren’t selling the Harry Potter stuff so it’s likely Tesco 

12 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Seems it’s exclusive to Hamley’s because of their Harry Potter merch floor. If it’s gknna show up somewhere else it will be Tesco or Entertainer, both are getting exclusive polybags. Entertainer aren’t selling the Harry Potter stuff so it’s likely Tesco 

Aw man. If anyone goes to Hamleys, would they be so kind as to fetch me one and I'll pay you for item + shipping + envelope. I don't want to pay £25 on eBay (£9 is already ridiculous). 

Entertainer doesn't stock HP stuff. 

Oh never mind it's on the website for sale! £12.45 with postage yikes. 

Edited by LegoSims20

Does anyone need a spare Cho Change head, hair and arms? I bought an extra one for the uniform for Luna. I obviously don't want any payment for it, but I thought I'd ask because I know some people were making custom Patil twins. I don't have the heart to just leave her in a box.

Wow, this forum has turned into a CMF feel guide and hunt report. I was just glad to get the sets I wanted; Great Hall, Whomping Willow, Quidditch Match and Aragog’s Lair at amazing prices in AUS. And Hogwarts Express ordered from S@H.  

9 hours ago, joeee said:

Congrats on getting all of them!

Also, what store were you at that they had hundreds? The only place that I ever saw which had this many was LEGOLAND. Oh, if only I had a pass!

Are you a big Harry Potter fan? I am and at first it hurt to open two duplicates (of the 11 I got) ...but I quickly was fine with it because I love HP so much! :)

Thanks, it was in Smyths. Probably more a Star Wars fan but I like Harry Potter a lot and actually like Fantastic beasts as a canon of the Wizarding World.  I will get the D2C Hogwarts Castle but I'm waiting for the Cloud City reveal and will likely get that first. 

I'm in the middle of reading the books for the 3rd time!

I wasn't too disappointed with the duplicates. I may even get a 2nd Graves (if the resellers leave any behind ?) so I can have Grindelwald. The additional Cho fig can easily be changed to a random other Ravenclaw. Having 2x Hermione and you can put her in 2 classrooms at once like in Prisoner of Azkaban. 

It hasn't prompted me to collected any other CMFs but I'll get the next Harry Potter set and obviously if they ever do a Star Wars series..

So basically, if I buy the entire left side of a full box, I will most likely get almost an entire series including Percival Graves - 4 figures + 2 duplicates?

Hey everyone! Amazon in the U.K. have great prices on the Fantastic Beasts sets. Just got the suit case for £32 a saving of £12 and grindelwalds escape for £14 a saving of £5.

4 hours ago, Brickbashbosh said:

For folks in the UK: Argos are doing their 3 for 2 toys offer and all the HP sets are included! Winner winner chicken dinner!

Wow I could get a spare train to use the carriage. But they’re out of stock everywhere near me.

I got my first six CMFs the other day (The main trio, Flitwick, Dumbledore and Voldemort) and I was wondering if anyone has used the hairpiece from Richard Harris' Dumbledore on Gambon's version yet.

11 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

I got my first six CMFs the other day (The main trio, Flitwick, Dumbledore and Voldemort) and I was wondering if anyone has used the hairpiece from Richard Harris' Dumbledore on Gambon's version yet.

I think they look identical (obviously minus the hat) so should be no issues swapping and changing them. 

2 hours ago, LegoSims20 said:

Wow I could get a spare train to use the carriage. But they’re out of stock everywhere near me.

Our warehouses are out of stock (I was lucky to manage to nab one) so once the stores are out we won’t be getting any in stock for probably 3-4 months

38 minutes ago, The Dangerous HC said:

Our warehouses are out of stock (I was lucky to manage to nab one) so once the stores are out we won’t be getting any in stock for probably 3-4 months

Grr. 

I could also have got another Quidditch set. Oh well maybe they will do it again nearer Christmas. 

1 minute ago, LegoSims20 said:

Grr. 

I could also have got another Quidditch set. Oh well maybe they will do it again nearer Christmas. 

Can’t  comment about future 3 for 2 offers, it wasn’t supposed to be known to the public before yesterday, so whoever posted it in here could actually get in a lot of trouble for posting it on an open forum, and I wasn’t going to get the Quidditch set but I caved in and bought it and I definitely do not regret it