Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

20 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I just talked to some retailers in Germany and they all told me the sets are due in October?! How is that possible? how does Europe get the sets in August at latest and here it's 3 months more than in the US?!

In Germany and Austria the sets are exclusively sold at Lego Stores the first month or two. 

1 hour ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I just talked to some retailers in Germany and they all told me the sets are due in October?! How is that possible? how does Europe get the sets in August at latest and here it's 3 months more than in the US?!

Sets have been out in Sweden since like 24th of July. From certain retailers that is. They are available on the Swedish LEGO store now. Hogwarts Express is already on back order. :laugh:

Just a heads up in case it affects your buying decision; the UK August 2018 store calendar states that VIPs get double points on the Whomping Willow and Newt's Suitcase during August, but on the Lego website at least that is not the case. It's actually double points on the Whomping Willow and the Hogwarts Great Hall. The Suitcase does not qualify for double points. I don't know if it is the same in store.

Managed to get 9 CMFs so far, no duplicates, including Graves/Grindelwald so I'm incredibly happy. :cry_happy:

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Just a heads up in case it affects your buying decision; the UK August 2018 store calendar states that VIPs get double points on the Whomping Willow and Newt's Suitcase during August, but on the Lego website at least that is not the case. It's actually double points on the Whomping Willow and the Hogwarts Great Hall. The Suitcase does not qualify for double points. I don't know if it is the same in store.

Oh cool, thanks for the head's up! I'm considering getting the Parisian Restaurant soon, but now I'm conflicted haha. 

I wish I'd have had the restraint to wait and buy the sets today from the Lego Store and get all those points towards the UCS. Oh well. XD

10 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

Wow train and great hall already on back order in UK! Come on wave 2!

Sold out in Ireland as well, wow that was fast! I think that's the fastest I've ever seen sets from a regular wave sell out (not D2Cs). Looks like this is going to be incredibly popular. 

Mys sets arrived today, could not be happier!
I only wanted the Harry Potter Collectable minifigs, so of course it stands to reason that of the 16 blind bags I ordered, six would be Fantastic Beasts figures, and three would be doubles! The hunt begins lol

On 7/30/2018 at 9:55 PM, The Real Walkers said:

Spent an hour today and a few visits to WH Smiths to collect all the mini figures - such a lovely series!!! Really impressed with them all, especially Professors Trelawney and Flitwick and some of the students. Also managed to find a second Percival Graves so PM me if in the UK and interested in buying it! 

Just out I curiosity, where im the box did you find Graves? I'm starting to suspect there might be somewhat of a pattern, but I'm working with limited data.

25 minutes ago, GeekByKnight said:

Just out I curiosity, where im the box did you find Graves? I'm starting to suspect there might be somewhat of a pattern, but I'm working with limited data.

It’s pretty much in the same spot as the cop. Left most row and 4 down 

Edited by Falconfan1414

26 minutes ago, GeekByKnight said:

If I remember correctly, he is in the top left of the box. Not the first but the second one.

Edit: Nevermind! Someone else replied correctly and I am wrong. :)

Edited by joeee

Went to three different shops today (each had 1 box), Graves was in the left row, second to last in two of them, and third to last in one (although the second to last bag was kinda squashed halfway under it, like someone wanted to put it in the second to last position and botched it).

Tried to find Luna but failed to do so, thought she would be super easy to find due to the 2x3 tile but apparently not (at least to me).

59 minutes ago, GeekByKnight said:

I've found three of him. Two were definitely in the left column, the third I don't know since the day before I'd ruffled the box... :P

I found one within the last 10 on the left column from a fresh box. Then the box I ordered arrived, and it was the last one on the left. I had read it was 5th from the back, so went straight to #5, and it was either Neville or Jacob.

Got everything except for Graives. There was a Lego store employee that was sorting figures by Character to help out, which was super useful as my other half was feeling very ill and couldn’t have waited for me to find everyone. They weren’t doing it for Graives though, so I’ll pick him up in the future. Got the 2nd to last Great Hall Set, only an hour after opening. So far I haven’t got to build any of the sets yet. Me and the other half are having the HP film marathon whilst we build our backlog, she’s built both Fantastic Beasts Sets, we’re both gonna do the HP ones next though! Super excited!

i am in love with the suitcase set, Hank the Thunderbird is my new favourite Lego animal I think

Found CMFs at Walmart yesterday. They were on a rack and I couldn’t find a Graves, but I did locate Luna, Voldemort, Credence, Trelawney, and teenage Harry for myself and Newt and Voldemort for my aunt. I’m still on the hunt for a second Graves but I can’t wait for my box to arrive!

Can someone tell me what are the prices in romania? I'm gonna be there in a week and this is gonna be my shot of buying these sets at a decent price (as in israel it is like double)

Found a fresh box of minifigs yesterday, most of them were easy to find, got 11. Graves was easier than expected. Today I went to another shop and someone was there searching, someone beat us to it, Graves was gone. Managed to get 9 more, so I'm still missing 2; Newt for some reason, and Pyjama Harry, which is quite hard to locate with his cloak. So far I'm quite impressed with this series.

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It’s pretty much in the same spot as the cop. Left most row and 4 down 

Weird. Other data has said the middle row but towards the back, so I'm thinking maybe the "pattern" is they're at the back of the box beause of how they pack them. Clutching at straws, but still, it's something.

Really crazy today at the lego store in Mexico City, the cmf series, the voltron set and the new Aston Martin all released today in mex, so there were tons of people there since opening time. 

Managed to get myself Graves and most of the ones I really wanted, got 11 total with no repeats, need to go back later for the rest.

I found my Graves in the third place from the back of the left collumn, the bag was also folded, so that may also be some indication.

1 hour ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

....I found my Graves in the third place from the back of the left collumn, the bag was also folded, so that may also be some indication.

Graves also left column third bag from back in my box.

I purchased a total of 6 CMF bags today.  I found Percival Graves in the third to last bag in the left row of the box.  I also got Year 3 Harry Potter, Luna Lovegood, Cedric Diggory, Quidditch Draco Malfoy, and Dean Thomas.

Edited by spiderfan2000