Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Has anyone in the UK came across the polybag yet? I know it's at Harrods for £9(!) but they're like £4 in Tesco so I'd rather wait. 

On the mythical creatures subject, any guesses on how long we’ll be waiting for centaurs now? Maybe they’ll get a spot in an upcoming FB installment and force Lego’s hand?

I mean I want them and I want them now, but I’m not holding my breath on seeing Lego make them for, oh, 6 years or something terrible like that.

26 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

Has anyone in the UK came across the polybag yet? I know it's at Harrods for £9(!) but they're like £4 in Tesco so I'd rather wait. 

It’s in Hamley’s aswell

Does anyone know how it usually works with ordering on The Lego store website? Like on August 15th will Hogwarts Castle go live at a certain time? 

24 minutes ago, NatLego117 said:

Does anyone know how it usually works with ordering on The Lego store website? Like on August 15th will Hogwarts Castle go live at a certain time? 

I could be wrong, but I think midnight local time (?). 

8 hours ago, Mr Meleca said:

Hi

how much is the price of the castle in singapore?

They're usually pretty close to NZ pricing so I presume SGD699 or $649 thereabouts.

9 hours ago, SpiderSpaceman said:

On the mythical creatures subject, any guesses on how long we’ll be waiting for centaurs now? Maybe they’ll get a spot in an upcoming FB installment and force Lego’s hand?

I mean I want them and I want them now, but I’m not holding my breath on seeing Lego make them for, oh, 6 years or something terrible like that.

That's tricky. The problem with centaurs is that the sets are based on the movies, not the books. And while centaurs - particularly Firenze - featured significantly in the books, they only briefly showed up in the movie. So . . maybe, whenever they get around to Year 5 (I'd estimate 2020) we might see a set with Harry, Hermione, Umbridge and a centaur or two, with the main build being a brick-built version of Grawp? 

I mean, we got the Oni Titan over in Ninjago, and it'd be a pretty similar design to a pretty similar scale . . 

10 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The molded dragons have about as much mobility as the brick built Ninjago dragons but look much better in my opinion. 

Yes, I agree completely on both mobility and appearance.

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

That's tricky. The problem with centaurs is that the sets are based on the movies, not the books. And while centaurs - particularly Firenze - featured significantly in the books, they only briefly showed up in the movie. So . . maybe, whenever they get around to Year 5 (I'd estimate 2020) we might see a set with Harry, Hermione, Umbridge and a centaur or two, with the main build being a brick-built version of Grawp? 

I mean, we got the Oni Titan over in Ninjago, and it'd be a pretty similar design to a pretty similar scale . . 

Now that you mention it, I bet anything we'll get a Grawp done in the style of Giant-Man and Ares somewhere down the line.

I just finished building both FB sets. Grindelwald’s Escape is one of my favorite sets in a while since I love Lego carriages and the new Thestrals are just breathtaking. Both figures are amazing as well and Seraphina looks very nice in sand blue. Newt’s suitcase is a good set and the creatures are very cool, but the Occamy is almost impossible to pose unless it’s on studs and the mouths on the Occamy and Thunderbird are surprisingly difficult to open unless you have long nails. The suitcase itself is a very nice build and I quite like it. I was pleasantly surprised to see that there’s a picture of Leta Lestrange in the hut! I hope we get more FB sets in the future. 

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I just finished building both FB sets. Grindelwald’s Escape is one of my favorite sets in a while since I love Lego carriages and the new Thestrals are just breathtaking. Both figures are amazing as well and Seraphina looks very nice in sand blue. Newt’s suitcase is a good set and the creatures are very cool, but the Occamy is almost impossible to pose unless it’s on studs and the mouths on the Occamy and Thunderbird are surprisingly difficult to open unless you have long nails. The suitcase itself is a very nice build and I quite like it. I was pleasantly surprised to see that there’s a picture of Leta Lestrange in the hut! I hope we get more FB sets in the future. 

Glad to hear it! Can't wait to get them both. 

3 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Now that you mention it, I bet anything we'll get a Grawp done in the style of Giant-Man and Ares somewhere down the line.

Ooh, totally. I'd love to see that. We need more megafigs!

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I normally stick around the Star Wars forums. Here in Australia the Hogwarts Express will be exclusive to S@H and Toyworld. Release date for Toyworld is Nov. 1.

18 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The molded dragons have about as much mobility as the brick built Ninjago dragons but look much better in my opinion. 

The moulded dragons can only move their legs back and forth and turn their heads. The Ninjago One, from this summer atleast, seem to have ball joins on all their limbs, allowing much better and dynamic movement. I know it’s all opinion, but personally I want to be able to pose a Horntail more dynamically, and brickbuilt would allow much more accurate detailing, especially considering the rough and spiked look of the Horntail, a moulded version would be too smooth

46 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I normally stick around the Star Wars forums. Here in Australia the Hogwarts Express will be exclusive to S@H and Toyworld. Release date for Toyworld is Nov. 1.

Really? I wonder why the delay for you guys. It is already available from Toyworld and Toyco in New Zealand. I have my set waiting for me to have time to build.

Glad I decided not to go ahead with the Hogwarts then (although if I really want one there is always the Dreamworld store :)

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

The moulded dragons can only move their legs back and forth and turn their heads. The Ninjago One, from this summer atleast, seem to have ball joins on all their limbs, allowing much better and dynamic movement. I know it’s all opinion, but personally I want to be able to pose a Horntail more dynamically, and brickbuilt would allow much more accurate detailing, especially considering the rough and spiked look of the Horntail, a moulded version would be too smooth

They also rotate at the neck and can move their wings, and if they do the Horntail like Smaug we could see ball joints for the wings and folding wings. Molded dragons can also move their tail in at least two different places and the ones with arms can hold figures by the legs. 

Do Lego ever put items out early? I'm tempted to ring my local store but if I've been doing that a lot lately so, maybe they'll get annoyed. 

4 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Apparently it was scheduled for a Toys R Us exclusive here, hence the delay for local retail. Some other smaller retail stores are also expecting stock in Nov. Best bet is S@H though. 

3 hours ago, LegoSims20 said:

Do Lego ever put items out early? I'm tempted to ring my local store but if I've been doing that a lot lately so, maybe they'll get annoyed. 

No, they follow the Lego release dates.

15 minutes ago, DanieGlass said:

I apologize if this has been posted, but does anyone have the DPCI for the Collectable Minifigures?

All CMF use the same Target DPCI: 204-00-1379 ...if i recall correctly.  

Edited by dvt