Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Brickr said:

Should be £179.40 (£2.99 each).

Just now, LegoSims20 said:

£179.40 (60x £2.99). 

Gotcha, wasn’t sure if there’d be a discount for buying a full box or a charge for buying a full box ?

I have felt all the bags rather than opened them, and I guess all right! I hope I don't get banned for saying this (IDk if it's allowed) but I'm selling the spare figures still sealed on eBay so if anyone wants to buy any for retail price and postage (I'm not interested in making a profit) feel free to PM me. I don't have any Percival or Lunas (my cousin wanted a Luna) but I have 1 or 2 of every other. 

I hope that the inclusion of the Horntail in the d2c is an indication of what’s to come. In the event that we do get a new First Task set; what would you rather the Hungarian Horntail be built as? A brick built dragon ala ninjago sets; or a molded dragon ala Smaug and the first Horntail?

personally I would rather a brick built dragon with a new mold for the head. A completely molded dragon would increase the price. And seeing as how all the other wizarding world creatures in the new line have been brick built , then a very large brick built dragon would fit with the aesthetic.

Edited by GilbertoAguilera101

Just now, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

I hope that the inclusion of the Horntail in the d2c is an indication of what’s to come. In the event that we do get a new First Task set; what you you rather the Hungarian Horntail be built as? A brick built dragon ala ninjago sets; or a molded dragon aka Smaug and the first Horntail?

personally I would rather a brick built dragon with a new mold for the head. A completely molded dragon would increase the price. And seeing as how all the other wizarding world creatures in the new line have been brick built , then a very large brick built dragon would fit with the aesthetic.

Basing it on what we have now, I reckon it will be brick built and moulded, such as the occamy and thunderbird from Newt’s Suitcase, that is what I expect anyway

I really hope we get a Gryffindor Common Room SOON. That's why I was so disappointed about the D2C (slowly coming around) because I was expecting just a really nice detailed common room, classroom etc. 

10 minutes ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

what would you rather the Hungarian Horntail be built as? A brick built dragon ala ninjago sets; or a molded dragon ala Smaug and the first Horntail?

I would hope for something more like Smaug.  Price may be higher, but so would quality, so it would be worth it.

9 minutes ago, The Dangerous HC said:

Basing it on what we have now, I reckon it will be brick built and moulded, such as the occamy and thunderbird from Newt’s Suitcase, that is what I expect anyway

Sadly, that's what I expect, too.

7 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Sadly, that's what I expect, too.

That’s actually what I’d prefer, I don’t get the dislike for Occamy and Frank, I hope more creatures are like that (not Buckbeak, he should be a new mould like the Thestral, I also think Hedwig should get a new “flying” mould)

Edited by The Dangerous HC

40 minutes ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

I hope that the inclusion of the Horntail in the d2c is an indication of what’s to come. In the event that we do get a new First Task set; what would you rather the Hungarian Horntail be built as? A brick built dragon ala ninjago sets; or a molded dragon ala Smaug and the first Horntail?

I’d love a new first task set. I’d prefer a completely molded Horntail (so maybe like a $70-80 set with 400-500 pieces but new dragon molds) although a molded head and maybe molded wings and the rest brick built would work fine. I like Frank, the Occamy, and the Green Ninja Mech Dragon and those all have molded heads but brick built bodies. 

I found out some more info about the D2C preordering. I’m in Houston right now (I live in Michigan) and I went to a Lego Store today with my little cousin. The store we went to had 45 spots total and 9 preorders already, while my local store has 75 spots and 11 taken. It’s only been 3 days so it looks like preorders are filling up pretty quickly and I’d recommend placing yours ASAP. An employee also confirmed the $40 price and said that the receipt needs to be presented when picking the set up. 

1 hour ago, The Dangerous HC said:

That’s actually what I’d prefer, I don’t get the dislike for Occamy and Frank, I hope more creatures are like that

I just have a strong preference for molded over brick-built for creatures like this.  I prefer Smaug and the dragons from the Castle theme that are assembled from molded parts rather than the blocky look of brick-built creatures.

26 minutes ago, Duffyoran said:

I just found a great deal on ebay, I got the 16 HP figures for only €30!! Its a bargain there's still some left. 

BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK, Seller does not have any feedback so could be dodgy:ugh: I thought it was to good a deal to pass on!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F253781141249

I would not buy those. 

4 hours ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Do we have the DCPI for the Harry Potter CMF’s?

DCPI remains unchanged. 204-00-1379

I really hope we get a brick-built Horntail. Maybe also with a tower, or some stands, that can be used to expand Hogwarts a bit? 

I can't wait either way. 2019 is gonna have so much good stuff!

4 hours ago, The Dangerous HC said:

I also think a mix of brick built and molded would be the best option, all the other creatures in the wave are either brick built or a mix of both (aragog, the basilisk, occamy, thunderbird etc) (with the exception of the thestral, although it does have a few bricks to attach the wings), so to lower cost and make the dragon fit with the rest of the other creatures, a mix would be optimal.

i also think a buckbeak mold would be good, with poseable back legs like the recent horses.

8 hours ago, LegoSims20 said:

I called the Sheffield UK Lego Store and the employee said they don't take pre-orders so I guess it's just a UK thing. 

I guess in the UK we will be queuing from early on 15th! 

10 hours ago, LegoSims20 said:

I have felt all the bags rather than opened them, and I guess all right! I hope I don't get banned for saying this (IDk if it's allowed) but I'm selling the spare figures still sealed on eBay so if anyone wants to buy any for retail price and postage (I'm not interested in making a profit) feel free to PM me. I don't have any Percival or Lunas (my cousin wanted a Luna) but I have 1 or 2 of every other. 

I would be interested in buying a few from you. Sorry can’t PM. 

8 hours ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

I as always prefer a moulded animal in this case the dragon! They have made quite a few moulded dragons over the years so maybe they can reuse some of the parts to keep the cost down.. If someone think a brick-built ninjago dragon looks better than Smaug, I would recommend they take a trip to the optician  :tongue:

It is not right that every animal in WW are brick-built it is only the basilisk, Fawkes, Aragog and erumpent (and "Pickett") and they definitely looks most unrealistic :hmpf_bad:

The thunderbird and Occamy are partly brick-built, but have several moulded special pieces and therefore look muck better :thumbup:

The moulded animals are luckily in majority; thestral, niffler, Scabbers, Crookshanks, Hedwig, Nagini, Cho's owl, spiders and frogs :grin:

So moulded is Lego's preferred way of doing WW animals I would say, but they ran out of money for new moulds so they made some brick-built or partly brick-built as well. Next year is is a fresh mould budget so everything could happen, the dragon have a 50-50 chance I would say between moulded and partly brick-built, less likely with a completely brick-built..

8 hours ago, The Dangerous HC said:

I also think Hedwig should get a new “flying” mould)

Since they did not make a new small mould for Cho's owl (or new cat for Crookshanks), I do not think that is very likely :sceptic:

8 hours ago, LegoSims20 said:

I called the Sheffield UK Lego Store and the employee said they don't take pre-orders so I guess it's just a UK thing. 

Same thing from Bluewater. Glad to have confirmation from another store, because I was worried about showing up on the 15th to find the person I'd asked hadn't been told yet and that they'd pre-allocated all of the sets already.

I wonder why the US stores have implemented it but others haven't. Perhaps it's a trial for future VIP releases.

11 hours ago, LegoSims20 said:

I would be interested in buying the HP (minus Luna) set from you

I’d much prefer a brick built horn tail. The mobility would be much better than moulded. Personally I don’t think moulded always works on big animals. It just about works on the dinos, but having the beasts in Newt’s suitcase a mixture of brick build and moulded was the best way to do it. A moulded head and maybe tail for the horn that would be best

Just bought some CMF from WHSmiths. Interestingly, the staff said that they had actually been contacted by Lego themselves on Friday saying that they were allowed to break the embargo

The CMFs really do look better in person. Like I mentioned, that thing with the holes in the hands is really unnoticeable. And Cedric's Trwizard Cup doesn't look as ridiculously oversized as in pictures. Even Crookshanks not having a new mould doesn't annoy me as much as her face looks good.

I would say Voldemort is my least favourite, but Nagini is great.

Now I really need a normal hair for Neville! 

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

I’d much prefer a brick built horn tail. The mobility would be much better than moulded. Personally I don’t think moulded always works on big animals. It just about works on the dinos, but having the beasts in Newt’s suitcase a mixture of brick build and moulded was the best way to do it. A moulded head and maybe tail for the horn that would be best

Dinosaurs are a great example of how well molded animals can work, although the dragons from Castle or Smaug, while having a similar level of detail, are far more mobile and assembled than the dinosaurs from JP and related themes.