Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

I love it.

I say that not as a huge Potter fan myself, but the rest of my family loves the books. (The movies we are mixed on.) I read the books years ago and so I get most of the references; more than that I think it is a superb microscale castle. The nanofigs are soooo adorable. The only major misstep was not including a micro/game figure of Hagrid. Also the new parts/colors/prints are really great; I love the ornate cathedral-style window panes.

However, I have better things to spend $400 on--not that it isn't a fair value, it's just not something I need in my life at that price.

Edited by rodiziorobs

Any polybag or book would most likely be revealed by now so my guess is the Ollivander is from a winter set. Which means we’re getting a second wave pretty soon. But here’s my prediction if that’s the case: we’ll only get a couple Harry Potter sets and the rest will be from Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Any polybag or book would most likely be revealed by now so my guess is the Ollivander is from a winter set. Which means we’re getting a second wave pretty soon. But here’s my prediction if that’s the case: we’ll only get a couple Harry Potter sets and the rest will be from Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald

One hundred percent agree. I think the two sets would be Diagon Alley (Ollivander) and Shrieking Shack since we already have the WW connection and that Sirius Black figure. 

Edited by RODDY

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Meh not so sure about that. We would have known about a new wave that soon about now.

4 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Meh not so sure about that. We would have known about a new wave that soon about now.

Whilst I don’t think Ollivander is froma Winter Set, there’s no way he would have leaked that early, there’s marvel sets that are coming December thAt no one knew about so you never know.

Anyone here have a Toymaster shop beside them?? I was just wondering if there were any CMF's instock & how how much they cost. My nearest one is an hour away so I dont wanna travelle to find nothin.

Edited by Duffyoran

Should I get the D2C Hogwarts or the Whomping Willow + Great Hall and future Hogwarts sets? 

What would you rather get?

12 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Not really. First ollivander wouldn’t have leaked when he did if he was coming in a winter set. That’s way to early. Second, there is still a book coming we know about but the cover hasn’t been revealed yet so he could come in that. There could also be a Harry Potter themed pack similar to the nightmare Batman pack which he could appear in. There also will most likely be a promotion similar to the winter soilder for the release of Hogwarts where he could come in as well.

3 hours ago, topiku said:

Should I get the D2C Hogwarts or the Whomping Willow + Great Hall and future Hogwarts sets? 

My vote goes to WW/GH. The two sets although they are playsets work very well as display as well. And at least to me the figure selection is way better especially with the CMF. You get Quirell, Dumbledore, Hagrid, McGongal, Trewlaney, Lupin (if you buy HE), Flitwick, Snape, Filch, Madeye. And then you add Hooch, Umbridge, and Slughorn and you got a decent sized teaching staff. There is no exclusives except Bellatrix. And while the founders are cool where are you going to put them?  And to me the detailing on the nanos are atrocious. And with more sets coming the possibilities are endless, the D2C is just a one time thing. There is no continuation or progress which I love about the modulars: Just watching the castle grow and improve over time would be neat. I feel like the D2C is too crammed and not spacious. I also recommend adding Aragogs Lair to the side as well it looks nice.

Edited by RODDY

15 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I'm not entirely sure. J.K. Rowling and Warner Brothers have rebranded all the Harry Potter stuff to "The Wizarding World", especially with the new logo as of recently. We have Harry Potter sections at both of the Universal Studios parks. And there's going to be five Fantastic Beasts films, all covering the rise of Grindelwald's rise to power in magical Britain, and possibly WW2. Who knows what other future content is coming, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot more of Hogwarts with Lego over the next few years at least. I can't foresee them releasing just a few token sets to whet our appetites and then moving 100% over to Fantastic Beasts. People want Harry Potter. 

6 hours ago, topiku said:

Skip the Hogwarts D2C and stick with minifigure / system scale.

3 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

Can confirm, WH Smith has CMF's. Got Cedric, Dean and Newt, I should've taken more.

Good call, called my local WH Smith and they've put aside a box for me! Apparently another retailer broke the embargo so they did too, not sure who it was though.

7 hours ago, topiku said:

If you’re a fan of mini figures I’d recommend future Hogwarts sets- if you’re a fan of Hogwarts and a more realistically sized replica I’d get the D2C. 

Personally, I hate how small the system scaled sets are, the great hall is alright, but the tower should be much taller and bigger in size. The castle won’t look realistic to me when all the sets come out and are connected.

im going for the D2C but I’d be cautious if you want it early as it will be very popular among Harry Potter fans that aren’t LEGO fans- will sell out quickly.

7 hours ago, topiku said:

I got the GH, WW, HE and the Aragog set and myself and my kids are very happy. A box of CMFs also helped there as well. :classic:

6 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Not really. First ollivander wouldn’t have leaked when he did if he was coming in a winter set. That’s way to early. Second, there is still a book coming we know about but the cover hasn’t been revealed yet so he could come in that. There could also be a Harry Potter themed pack similar to the nightmare Batman pack which he could appear in. There also will most likely be a promotion similar to the winter soilder for the release of Hogwarts where he could come in as well.

What is this book? Got a link?

YAY I also managed to get a full box from WH Smith. I can confirm the ratio is the same as advertised by everyone else. Just to point out, on videos and pictures the holes in their hands really annoyed me, but it's true - you don't notice them AT ALL up close!

dGE3aIM.jpg

D1IqAAn.jpg

WBYWV10.jpg

Just now, LegoSims20 said:

YAY I also managed to get a full box from WH Smith. I can confirm the ratio is the same as advertised by everyone else. Just to point out, on videos and pictures the holes in their hands really annoyed me, but it's true - you don't notice them AT ALL up close!

How much did you pay for the full box from WHSmiths?

2 minutes ago, The Dangerous HC said:

How much did you pay for the full box from WHSmiths?

Should be £179.40 (£2.99 each).

Edit: Ha posted at the same time LegoSims20.

Edited by Brickr