Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

First of all it looks fabulous as a display piece :drool:

Pros:

• looks amazing
  • price
  • Nagini is a perfect scale for the basilisk (looking at you small worm in GH)

Cons:

• the nanofigs do not do it for me
  • stickers orama

Notting is a day 1 purchase for me, not this either.. I will wait for reviews and a even better deal, but will not be surprised if I end up buying it someday :tongue:

For people just buying the minifigs, be prepared to pay a fortune (unless you are in luck and can buy them from B&P) :devil:

I don’t know if an extension is possible. They basically cut out the middle third of the castle and it doesn’t look like the sections separate easily. 

Doesn't look like they cut out the middle.  The viaduct entrance with the four spires on the right side is all there. What's missing is everything to the right of that-- the "Cathedral" section with the big middle tower and the two bell towers on the very right. 

6 hours ago, KevinMD said:

Bummed it leaked early 

Why?

Anyways, it looks good for what it is.  Shame they went microscale on it, but I guess it makes sense.  It would look so good to have the same build in minifigure scale.

The founders are cool, but not so nice that I need to spend a chunk of cash on them.

All in all, it's a glorified parts pack to me.

Looks really nice, happy for everyone getting. I hope we get that second half in system scale eventually. Those minifigs are what I want especially Gryffindor. Might buy them seperate. Though nice it's not even close to most desired set. I'm probably going to get Cloud City or Ninjago Docks since I already have a nice dose of Harry Potter.

44 minutes ago, Ferder said:

Doesn't look like they cut out the middle.  The viaduct entrance with the four spires on the right side is all there. What's missing is everything to the right of that-- the "Cathedral" section with the big middle tower and the two bell towers on the very right. 

Oh, I thought the two towers at the end of this set were those bell towers, but I guess the bell towers are a lot more square and they seem to be taller. It would be cool to get a second D2C with the right half of the castle but that might be a bit excessive. 

I’m still going crazy over that mysterious Ollivander minifigure. It’s definitely real because now it’s on eBay. And I’ve got my work cut out for me in building thenunfinished parts of the castle when I get this. I ave to make a courtyard for behind the Great Hall and then I have to do the clock tower and everything behind that

Looks like they opted for depicting the castle as it looked in Half-Blood Prince. Perhaps they wanted to avoid wasting bricks on the longer viaduct and enlarged entrance courtyard from Deathly Hallows / Fantastic Beasts.

1 hour ago, Ferder said:

What's missing is everything to the right of that-- the "Cathedral" section with the big middle tower and the two bell towers on the very right. 

And the section behind the Grand Staircase Tower, including the clocktower, clocktower courtyard and hospital wing. The Astronomy tower is missing as well, so it doesn't even replicate the look of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter castle.

7 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

Looks like they opted for depicting the castle as it looked in Half-Blood Prince. Perhaps they wanted to avoid wasting bricks on the longer viaduct and enlarged entrance courtyard from Deathly Hallows / Fantastic Beasts.

The long viaduct is only in those two films so maybe they wanted to go with a design that better represents how it's portrayed in the majority of the movies. Personally, I wasn't a big fan of that viaduct design change in the first place. 

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

Why?

I guess two reasons-

I like that Lego has gotten better about keeping stuff secret and would love to see stuff like this stay hidden until official release so it gets shown properly.

it also delays the chicoms from copying it. The longer the delay the better for Lego’s bottom line.

1 hour ago, Duffyoran said:

Anyone know whats happening with the Bricktober packs, I've heard that they might be cancelled:ugh:

I saw a post on Reddit and someone got a hold of them. I don't know specifics though. And I still find it odd that we are getting every DADA teacher besides Lockhart. Even Slughorn. He has to be somewhere with Ollivander. There is something we don't know about...

Edited by RODDY

As amazing as the set is, I’m actually really annoyed they didn’t at least include the clock tower, being such an iconic part of the castle. I love the set, it’s outstanding, but it was also our only chance of ever getting the whole castle so I’m upset that so much of it is missing

21 minutes ago, RODDY said:

I saw a post on Reddit and someone got a hold of them. I don't know specifics though. And I still find it odd that we are getting every DADA teacher besides Lockhart. Even Slughorn. He has to be somewhere with Ollivander.

Yes.. and the Cornish Pixies!!!!! :cry_sad: 

Eh. The nanofig-scale D2C doesn't do it for me. I want my Hogwarts to be minifig-scaled. 

But speaking of minifig-scaled sets . . while I was reading about the D2C, I found mention of an 'Architect of Hogwarts' statue. This confused me, since I've never heard of anything like that before, so I looked it up. And found this;

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Architect_of_Hogwarts

Does the picture look familiar? Especially, say, the 'model of Hogwarts' that the Architect is holding?

The Hogwarts Great Hall set Is an exact replica of the Architect's model! 

Forgive me if someone noticed this already, but that is just an amazing little bit of trivia. Now I really want the Great Hall.  

I haven’t mentioned this, but I’m overjoyed to see how the minifigures are brand new in almost every way. All of them have amazing torso and leg detail and it looks like they’ve all got new exclusive face prints (I especially like Rowena Ravenclaw’s). Gryffindor’s hair looks like a new color for that piece and the only thing I don’t love on the figures is Salazar’s beard (I just think it looks a bit odd) and that the sword and cup aren’t special. I’m very happy that they went all out on these figures because the last microscale D2C (the Helicarrier) had three exclusive figures that reused lots of old pieces and could’ve been more detailed. 

my 2 daughters and wife are Potterheads

however, the $400 set was never included in their list...

till today

they are in heaven, and YES, they think th enano-minifigure scale was the best idea EVER for the set. I agree, and I am very upset of not have a SW set like that:damn: 

My Target is absolutely useless. They still have nothing to do with Lego Harry Potter. I’m seeing people on IG finding CMF and polybags and Fantastic Beasts sets and mine has absolutely nothing. It’s infuriating. 

The set really is only half the castle. Does anyone think there’s a chance at all that they will release the rest as a future D2C set? Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love the set. I’m just wondering if Lego would ever release the rest of the castle

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

11 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Where, though? Underneath the library and common room is the Room of Requirement, and it’s a long way away from the other Sorcerer’s Stone challenges. 

I was talking about the architect statue, I thought it could be right before the entrance for that part of Hogwarts since we can barely see that part yet. I could be wrong of course.

6 hours ago, RODDY said:

And I still find it odd that we are getting every DADA teacher besides Lockhart. Even Slughorn. He has to be somewhere with Ollivander. There is something we don't know about...

I agree. There's also still the mention of Sirius Black in one of the lego books. It got all the characters right so far, even Salazar Slytherin. It could be the old one of course, but why would they advertise a decade old figure? Them together in a figure pack would make sense, for each of the 3 movies a figure. Since the batman one got revealed perhaps we might know more soon.

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

My Target is absolutely useless. They still have nothing to do with Lego Harry Potter. I’m seeing people on IG finding CMF and polybags and Fantastic Beasts sets and mine has absolutely nothing. It’s infuriating. 

So they’re useless because they’re adhering to the street date and not releasing sets a week early? Okay then. My Target had the Harry polybag but most of the July 1st sets are gone. I found one BrickHeadz set and a couple Whomping Willows but other than that they don’t have anything. 

8 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I was talking about the architect statue, I thought it could be right before the entrance for that part of Hogwarts since we can barely see that part yet. I could be wrong of course.

Oh, okay. I’m assuming it’s there. I got an email from Lego about the announcement and it includes a great picture of all 32 nanofigures together, including a plain gold one which must be the architect statue. 

12 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I think you are right! In the second film, it sits right outside the Great Hall. It is not there during the third film though.

One more thing: too bad the diadem and locket don't come as actual pieces.

54 minutes ago, joeee said:

One more thing: too bad the diadem and locket don't come as actual pieces.

The Cup also isn't too special, just a regular one, but it's at least it's an actual piece. Still I like that they are kinda included as prints, it's a small detail but it works. I just hope we'll get some proper horcruxes in the future, with the same amount of detail as the diary.