Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

It’s a little weird that we get Hagrid’s hut but no Hagrid. Also, the US price is apparently $400 which is great for a set of this size!

I wouldn't get too excited for the 'value' at $400 USD. If you look at the scale in the pic with the founder minifigs its not actually that big. There are a ton of 1x1's in this build.

9 minutes ago, Markalus said:

I wouldn't get too excited for the 'value' at $400 USD. If you look at the scale in the pic with the founder minifigs its not actually that big. There are a ton of 1x1's in this build.

I think it’s well worth the price. It’s still enormous and I remember the price per part ration of the last micro scale D2C set, which wasn’t very good. 

I love pretty much everything about this set but I wish we had gotten Quirrell and Hagrid, and maybe Sirius as well. Other than that, the biggest characters are pretty well represented. I’m usually fine with stickers and only get annoyed with giant sticker sheets (Ninjago City) but I feel like this set relies on stickers too much for interior detailing. I like what they add to the set but there just seems to be an awful lot of stickers in there. 

I still can't decide wether I am buying this set or not! It is absolutely gorgeous, and it would be great to have those founder minifigs, and it's even cheaper than I thought it'd be...but it's still $400 for a set that I kind of already have parts of from the sets that released this month that I have no room for.

BUT IT'S SO PRETTY

On a side note, most sets are popping up on Dutch sites, but the lego stores themselves are the only ones that aren't selling them overpriced (sorry bol.com, €118,- is way too much for the great Hall)

Hogwarts™ Castle measures over 22” (58cm) high, 27” (69cm) wide and 16” (43cm) deep.

After the UCS falcon and the roller coaster I assume we are all looking for free space! 

Just now, OrangeChiliPeP said:

Hogwarts™ Castle measures over 22” (58cm) high, 27” (69cm) wide and 16” (43cm) deep.

After the UCS falcon and the roller coaster I assume we are all looking for free space! 

I wish there was some way to have kept it to 12" deep, so it would fit on shelves better.

19 minutes ago, Markalus said:

Isn't it crazy that its big size is only an illusion? I am having trouble imagining the size right in front of me. ( It helped with the dimensions from OrangeChiliPeP )

44 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

It’s a little weird that we get Hagrid’s hut but no Hagrid. Also, the US price is apparently $400 which is great for a set of this size!

And we get Philosopher's Stone chambers and there are not Quirrell!

That set looks amazing! I am actually happy it wasn’t system scale. Even though it doesn’t include the whole castle (no astronomy tower kinda sucks) what we get is amazing. So much detail!!!

Is this the 2nd biggest set ever then? After the falcon? The misses will be super happy when she sees this

I need those minifigures! Any predictions of the value of those four in the aftermarket?

Edited by cocabottle

48 minutes ago, Markalus said:

Well it’s 22” high, that pretty big. And I don’t get where all these “1x1” pieces complaints are coming from. There are loads of large pieces used for the towers and roofs. And a ton of BURPs used on the base, which are more expensive. This is amazing value for money. The HP is amazingly priced considering it’s a big licenced  themed

Just now, cocabottle said:

I need those minifigures! Any predictions of the value of those four in the aftermarket?

Straight away probably upwards of £/$/€25

Despite missing part of the castle, this is is absolutely amazing. I love everything about it, the detail is phenomenal. I am going to have to improvise the rest of the castle though. That’s fine though because it’ll give me a project to work on plus the cheaper price means I’ll most likely be able to get Cloud City as well!

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

If anyone needs size estimates, the Great Hall is about 15” tall and connected to the Whomping Willow set the whole castle is about 24” long (although there are weird angles at play with the connection). 

From the Lego Shop web;

• Hogwarts™ Castle features the Great Hall with buildable ‘stained glass windows’, house banners, benches, tables, flaming torches and moving staircases; potions classroom with racks of jar elements; Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom with assorted potion jars, gramophone and a closet containing a boggart; Chessboard Chamber with chess piece elements; Room of Requirement with assorted elements, including the Goblet of Fire and the vanishing cabinet; Chamber of Secrets™ with the Basilisk and Tom Riddle’s Diary; hidden Devils Snare room with vine elements; Gryffindor™ common room with fireplace and seating; Professor Dolores Umbridge’s office with desk, chair and pink furnishings; library with bookcase and desks; and Professor Dumbledore’s office with the Griffin statue entrance and Memory cabinet.

Where is this??

15 minutes ago, ETELENZOS92 said:

From the Lego Shop web;

Where is this??

At the base of the big tower, there’s the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets. However, the Chamber itself is underneath the Great Hall. Maybe it’s behind the entrance? They also mentioned a statue of the “Architect of Hogwarts”, but I can’t see it anywhere. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

Is it just me or do I see that "the chamber of secrets has been opened" message on the wall? Also I love the prefect's bathroom and moaning myrtle's bathroom

Btw I wished that the old Lego Harry Potter boardgame included a microscale hagrid, he would've been perfect for the castle. Also who is that boggart from the description? Just a regular dementor?

1 minute ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

At the base of the big tower, there’s the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets. However, the Chamber itself is underneath the Great Hall. Maybe it’s behind the entrance? They also mentioned a statue of the “Architect of Hogwarts”, but I can’t see it anywhere. 

I assume it's in between the library and gryffindor common room

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

Is it just me or do I see that "the chamber of secrets has been opened" message on the wall?

No, it's not just you, it's there. It's the full quote “The Chamber Of Secrets had been opened. Enemies of the heir, beware.”

5 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

They also mentioned a statue of the “Architect of Hogwarts”, but I can’t see it anywhere. 

I think the Architect will be in the Entrace Hall, in this set is part of the Great Hall but from the angle of view we can't see it because it will be next to the Great Hall door to the courtyard.

Just now, ETELENZOS92 said:

I think the Architect will be in the Entrace Hall, in this set is part of the Great Hall but from the angle of view we can't see it because it will be next to the Great Hall door to the courtyard.

Thanks, it probably is there. I just noticed the Chamber of Secrets message as well, that’s a great touch. 

3 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Is it just me or do I see that "the chamber of secrets has been opened" message on the wall? Also I love the prefect's bathroom and moaning myrtle's bathroom

Btw I wished that the old Lego Harry Potter boardgame included a microscale hagrid, he would've been perfect for the castle. Also who is that boggart from the description? Just a regular dementor?

I assume it's in between the library and gryffindor common room

Where, though? Underneath the library and common room is the Room of Requirement, and it’s a long way away from the other Sorcerer’s Stone challenges. 

- Dark tan for the large rock pieces is a horrible choice, way too little contrast with the castle. Would need at least 5 in dark grey too compensate.
- Very much dislike that at least half of what should be there is missing - including clocktower, wodden bridge, astronomy tower, Quidditch section..

but the compromise is very understandable, size & quality of what we get is very very good. Better than any Moc actually. If the castle would be completed, you could probably add another $200 and remove some play features. 400 is already my limit :ugh:

Therefore, my thanks to the team of Lego for making this dream come true :innocent2:

I can’t believe people are complaining- it’s amazing- the playability is great because the castle in comparison to the micro figs feels actual size- the great hall feels massive! We’re getting so many characters from each house, and the castle is huge and stunning!

my theory was correct about the multiple interiors and I’m so happy they decided to do them- will definitely be buying this! Only complaint is- I’d rather have 4 common rooms than the sorcerers stone rooms. 

will also most likely be selling the four founders on eBay for those interested haha