Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

53 minutes ago, jonwil said:

What if they are going to do something similar to what happened with the Avengers Helicarrier D2C set? That was micro scale but contained a bunch of exclusive and neat minifigs as well.

what is the link with olivander? He just appeared in the 4th book with rita skeeter for the wizarding tournament

edit: + on instagram, i see  the back of an other student of hogwart . Maybe in the D2c with a hair with gradient of color. (ninja whip story)

Edited by Black Numenorean

23 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

edit: + on instagram, i see  the back of an other student of hogwart . Maybe in the D2c with a hair with gradient of color. (ninja whip story)

On their other account he captions the figure as Cloud City. 

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

What if they are going to do something similar to what happened with the Avengers Helicarrier D2C set? That was micro scale but contained a bunch of exclusive and neat minifigs as well.

Rumor has it the Hogwarts castle will include the 4 founders as minifigures

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Rumor has it the Hogwarts castle will include the 4 founders as minifigures

Rumor is true:

It looks great but it isn't for me

The founders look amazing tho. Is that a new cape for Slytherin? 

5 minutes ago, incognito said:

Rumor is true:

Lightning has struck, I repeat, lightning has struck!!

There is so many details in the castle! I mean it seems to have the chess room, the chamber of secrets, and just so much more. This is incredible! 

If I'm counting right, that's 32 microfigs. I love the horntail up on the tower. It looks big enough to have some kind of interior, but I wonder if it actually does. My one complaint (and I know, I shouldn't complain) is that I wish they had included some of the Hogwarts grounds (ie the lake, the forest etc) though I think I see the Whomping Willow and Hagrid's cabin shown on the side.

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't see the rest of the pictures on instagram. Awesome interior!!!

Edited by BeKindRewind

Whoa, whoa, whoa!! Where did that come from?! :oh:

Thanks, incognito! :thumbup:

Gotta say, the set looks absolutely fantastic. So complete, and accurate and detailed.
I like how they used the new Nagini piece for the Basilisk as well :laugh:

Regards,
Mitch

Bummed it leaked early but looks pretty solid.  As long as it’s a comprehensive exterior I don’t mind the interior.  Love that they included the hut and willow, boats, dragon, etc. amazed at the size though, unreal at 6k pieces. 

17 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

It looks great but it isn't for me

The founders look amazing tho. Is that a new cape for Slytherin? 

+1 for that opinion. The minifigures are a bricklink must have though.

Please do not post leaked images of the castle here. 

Especially when press releases may or may not be imminent... 

*sees new photos on Instagram*

*runs to eurobricks to read comments on it* LOL

The turrets and towers look great! Glad to see the founder minifigures. A new Gryffindor sword!
The details replicating Hogwarts is well-done! This feels like proof that they do refer to the film building and they really are just limited on budgets that keep it from being as accurate as possible.

I'm not one for the interior rooms nor microscale figures. *shudders* But I understand. I just won't have them out, haha!

Funny seeing the Quidditch 2 x 2 icons of the Houses used like that. The other night, I put those on my Great Hall doors.

( Have fun with your haul, DungeonsAndFlagons! )

Really don't know what to think about this set. It's interesting to say the least. It's kinda an odd choice that they did a microscale playset. The rooms look fine (although the staircase isn't exactly screen accurate), but there are some things definitely missing like the astronomy tower and the common rooms. Definitely going to use the design for the tower next to the great Hall to customise the one in the great Hall set. But this set isn't made for me. Definitely going to bricklink the founders. I hope this is a little sneakpeak to what we could expect from the main line of sets, because if this was minifigure scale I would've lost my mind.

12 minutes ago, joeee said:

*sees new photos on Instagram*

*runs to eurobricks to read comments on it* LOL

Haha that is me too :) Or it's the other way around:

*reads comments on eurobricks: everyone going crazy over new image*

*rushes onto Instagram to find said image*

The set is very cute (miniature dragon!), but ultimately not for me. Nanofigures give me the creeps and I'm afraid the Ninja hair on these figs does nothing to counter that opinion. Even leaving the figures out and considering it as a display piece, I don't love it enough to warrant the price tag. But I can definitely appreciate the cute builds and the thought and effort that has gone in to it. My heart is a little sad that I don't love it more, but my purse is heaving a sigh of relief ... it can breath a little easier now until any leaks or news of Cloud City!

Edited by BacktoBricks

12 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

Please do not post leaked images of the castle here. 

Especially when press releases may or may not be imminent... 

promobricks.de is an Recognized LEGO Fan Media Site.

Why do you think these pictures are leaked?? 

Anyway, you can find more images on their site.... :def_shrug:

Hmmm I like it and at 6,020 pieces that a lot of tiny 1x1s!  It looks like the whole Hogwarts and just placing the nanofigs around the exterior gives it life.  I budget for a couple of big sets a year but as cool as this is (and I like Harry Potter), you can get the whole Harry Potter Summer Wave (Brickheadz and all) for less. And considering that whole wave (which is not bad PPP) will discount too by the end of the year.. I can pass and enjoy all the play sets with the kids

I'll likely still get it sometime just not day 1.  Most likely, the Cloud City will draw that card

4 minutes ago, incognito said:

promobricks.de is an Recognized LEGO Fan Media Site.

Why do you think these pictures are leaked?? 

Anyway, you can find more images on their site.... :def_shrug:

Might not be recognized much longer if they post press releases before the embargo time. 

Not trying to be snarky, but being one of the sites that actually follows the embargo—and then to be continually under cut by others and Instagram is—annoying to so say the least... :hmpf_bad:

17 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

Might not be recognized much longer if they post press releases before the embargo time. 

Not trying to be snarky, but being one of the sites that actually follows the embargo—and then to be continually under cut by others and Instagram is—annoying to so say the least... :hmpf_bad:

how should I know when the embargo runs out? 

edit: maybe Lego broke the embargo, too :https://shop.lego.com/de-DE/Schloss-Hogwarts-71043?CMP=HPReveal&p=71043

Edited by incognito