Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

42 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

As much as I hate the price increase, I suppose I should have expected it with a licensed CMF series. I’m sure this was harder to achieve than TLBM ones, there are more licensing issues at play

I'm not sure how much faith I'd put into this being the new world order in CMF pricing. I say this because, for one, this is not the first time a Target store has marked up CMF prices of their own volition. I think I posted last week that the title for 204-00-1379 had changed from May series to the one in the picture, but I did not note that the price at my store was still $3.99.

I say wait and see what A: Your individual Target prices these at (if they get them at all. Local Target, I'm looking at you.), and B: What other retailers charge. If, say, Wal-Mart ups the price, then we can worry.

Standard retail pricing of the CMF is $5.99NZD here. The store I am hoping to buy from has permanent lower than retail pricing on Lego, and theirs are $5.

2 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

I'm not sure how much faith I'd put into this being the new world order in CMF pricing. I say this because, for one, this is not the first time a Target store has marked up CMF prices of their own volition. I think I posted last week that the title for 204-00-1379 had changed from May series to the one in the picture, but I did not note that the price at my store was still $3.99.

I say wait and see what A: Your individual Target prices these at (if they get them at all. Local Target, I'm looking at you.), and B: What other retailers charge. If, say, Wal-Mart ups the price, then we can worry.

I still see the Series 18 minifigs on brickseek. Where are you guys seeing the change?

Edited by RODDY

3 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Agreed. It could be Target trying to take advantage of being the only retailer to carry them for now (mine doesn’t even have them yet, or the polybags for that matter)

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Does any one know where you can buy a unopened box in the US?

Been looking around, but have had no luck,

Well the first partial image of the d2c box has shown up. It just confirms that it is Hogwarts castle and is set number 71043 and is 16+. I think it is safe to assume we should be seeing it soon!

A sand green cone with a ski pole stuck in it (like in the regular sets) can be seen in the corner of the box. Looks like the box art shows the castle at night. 

Remember when all the leakers were saying it was gonna be released in December?

good times :laugh:

i kid, I kid. If there is something that’s been fun about following this thread, it’s all the twists and turns the info has taken. The leaked CMF list, the release dates, Knight Bus, etc. I’m still relatively new on this forum and this has been the thread I’ve followed most closely. Can’t believe next week is gonna finally be the release of all these sets here in the U.K.! Extremely pumped!

7 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

A sand green cone with a ski pole stuck in it (like in the regular sets) can be seen in the corner of the box. Looks like the box art shows the castle at night. 

That image got me so excited. I’m really glad the microscale news leaked a while back so I had time to process my disappointment which eventually turned back into overwhelming excitement. Getting that info early was very good, now there won’t be a big shock when it’s actually revealed 

5 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

That image got me so excited. I’m really glad the microscale news leaked a while back so I had time to process my disappointment which eventually turned back into overwhelming excitement. Getting that info early was very good, now there won’t be a big shock when it’s actually revealed 

I totally agree. I wasn’t expecting a micro scale set but after my initial disappointment I’m totally fine with it. I love my micro scale Helicarrier and this way hopefully they’ve made the entire castle (although putting it on a rock base is probably expecting too much). 

3 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I totally agree. I wasn’t expecting a micro scale set but after my initial disappointment I’m totally fine with it. I love my micro scale Helicarrier and this way hopefully they’ve made the entire castle (although putting it on a rock base is probably expecting too much). 

Honestly I hope they don’t do much of a rock base, because then that’s a third of the pieces just for the base. I would rather get my money’s worth of castle and not rocks.

26 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

What?! How can you even tell it's sand green? It looks pretty grey to me *huh* you guys amaze me sometimes.

1 minute ago, BenderBrau said:

What?! How can you even tell it's sand green? It looks pretty grey to me *huh* you guys amaze me sometimes.

It looks more greenish than gray, the regular sets use sand green ski poles, and the rooftop it’s on top of looks dark gray to me. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

It looks more greenish than gray, the regular sets use sand green ski poles, and the rooftop it’s on top of looks dark gray to me. 

Oh now I see it. On IG there are three different cuts of the same photo, I was looking at the one without the roof piece, with it the difference is quite clear.

Do you think it'll be tan or dark tan, to make it look darker like in later films and distinguish it from the minifig scale sets?

3 hours ago, RODDY said:

I still see the Series 18 minifigs on brickseek. Where are you guys seeing the change?

It's in Target's computer. When you type in the DCPI in the little scanners scattered throughout the store you should get the new listing. Brickseek has pretty much become useless for Target hunting.

33 minutes ago, BenderBrau said:

Oh now I see it. On IG there are three different cuts of the same photo, I was looking at the one without the roof piece, with it the difference is quite clear.

Do you think it'll be tan or dark tan, to make it look darker like in later films and distinguish it from the minifig scale sets?

I’m 99% sure it’ll be tan like the regular sets, since I don’t see the point of having the same castle with two different color schemes, but you never know. I think that dark tan and dark gray is just too dark and dreary but the regular tan and dark gray work very well together. 

Perhaps the Ollivander minifigure is from a Lego shop accessory pack? The DC Knightmare Batman one turned up out of nowhere, maybe there’s a diagonal Alley themed one with like Olivander and Lockhart and a Goblin or something 

Just now, Whovastron said:

Perhaps the Ollivander minifigure is from a Lego shop accessory pack? The DC Knightmare Batman one turned up out of nowhere, maybe there’s a diagonal Alley themed one with like Olivander and Lockhart and a Goblin or something 

That would be amazing

I wonder if it's a promotional polybag given out with castle purchases

8 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I’m 99% sure it’ll be tan like the regular sets, since I don’t see the point of having the same castle with two different color schemes, but you never know. I think that dark tan and dark gray is just too dark and dreary but the regular tan and dark gray work very well together. 

That is true, tan and DBG combo looks stunning. Still I hope they used dark tan, to make it look more lealistic, like a real medieval castle. And I don't think it would look dreary :tongue:

1 hour ago, Jern92 said:

I wonder if it's a promotional polybag given out with castle purchases

That’s what I’m thinking. Unless he comes in the D2C set but that doesn’t make sense for a lot of reasons

41 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

That's gotta be the most useless leak in the history of humankind

Hey, at least now people can’t keep saying “what if the D2C isn’t Hogwarts, it might be Diagon Alley”. 

What if they are going to do something similar to what happened with the Avengers Helicarrier D2C set? That was micro scale but contained a bunch of exclusive and neat minifigs as well.