Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, sunhuntin said:

It was posted on NZ Fans Of Lego Facebook page that several people found them instore. Apparently Unikitty is out too, but that range doesnt interest me as much. Hopefully the 3 missing sets will be out August 1st. There is speculation the express will be a Farmers exclusive.

The Hermione Brickheadz is also missing, surprisingly. Wonder why that is.

Yes, I was looking for that one. Nothing at my Farmers today, just the Harry/Hedwig one, buried on the back side of a shelving unit. Might go to my Warehouse today and see if they have the CMF.

edit: I just realised the Beasts Suitcase wasn't online either. Hopefully will be instore. Luckily, I have friends that work there, so shouldn't have too much trouble.

Edited by sunhuntin

Ok serious question here. I see a lot of CMFs being posted on Instagram. Are that many people really finding them already? Or am I missing something? Is it just not as many as it looks like? Because it really looks like a lot of people are finding them and I don’t get it. I haven’t even caught a whiff of them yet...

15 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Ok serious question here. I see a lot of CMFs being posted on Instagram. Are that many people really finding them already? Or am I missing something? Is it just not as many as it looks like? Because it really looks like a lot of people are finding them and I don’t get it. I haven’t even caught a whiff of them yet...

Presumably some stores released them early? Like The Warehouse in NZ.

37 minutes ago, sunhuntin said:

Yes, I was looking for that one. Nothing at my Farmers today, just the Harry/Hedwig one, buried on the back side of a shelving unit. Might go to my Warehouse today and see if they have the CMF.

edit: I just realised the Beasts Suitcase wasn't online either. Hopefully will be instore. Luckily, I have friends that work there, so shouldn't have too much trouble.

Yeah, we're currently missing Hermione, Hogwarts Express, Grindelwald's Escape, and Newt's Briefcase. I'll keep an eye out.

Awesome. Someone posted a photo of their Warehouse buys, and it showed both the Beasts sets, so must be in some stores, but not online as yet.

27 minutes ago, sunhuntin said:

Awesome. Someone posted a photo of their Warehouse buys, and it showed both the Beasts sets, so must be in some stores, but not online as yet.

Toyworld also has them on sale now, but minus the Brickheadz. They're also surprisingly more expensive compared to The Warehouse.

The Warehouse now has both Fantastic Beasts sets on their website. @sunhuntin

Edited by Jern92

Seeing some posts of the CMF on instagram at Target. Looks like they are ringing up at $4.49. Can anyone confirm if they raised the prices $.50?

If they're out in NZ they might be coming to Australia soon, has anybody spotted them in the wild?
These sets are well worth the wait in my opinion, very excited!

49 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

Seeing some posts of the CMF on instagram at Target. Looks like they are ringing up at $4.49. Can anyone confirm if they raised the prices $.50?

Who has posted it?

Thanks, @Jern92. Didn't think to search for FB as opposed to HP. Have now ordered them. Still no Hermione BH though.

Nothing on shelf at my store, but my friend on the service desk said he would get a case of the CMF put aside for me to pick up tomorrow, as they had only come in today. I told him I would be checking the tape. lol.

edit: just bought the Express from Toyworld. expensive there, but I figure it won't be available anywhere else.

Edited by sunhuntin

Had a thought about the reveal of the D2C. What if they announce it on July 31st (Harry Potter’s, Neville’s and J.K Rowling’s birthdays) and then have it on display on August 1st. Would be similar to how they announced and displayed the Falcon last year before release, and it means people buying the new sets would get it advertised to them in store.

6 hours ago, just2good said:

Who has posted it?

If you search the hastag #legoharrypotter and scroll down a bit in the 'recent' section you can see the image. It's posted by brooklyn_bricks

Edited by GriffindorForLife

18 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Had a thought about the reveal of the D2C. What if they announce it on July 31st (Harry Potter’s, Neville’s and J.K Rowling’s birthdays) and then have it on display on August 1st. Would be similar to how they announced and displayed the Falcon last year before release, and it means people buying the new sets would get it advertised to them in store.

31st seems like the best option, but I have a feeling they'll reveal it on the day of VIP release. July was already big with its releases and maybe they don't want to overshadow them? And let's hope they don't cancel the early access like they did with Bugatti.

By the way, were there any rumours about UK price? I know it's suppoed to be 500 €, so in theory it should cost about as much as the Death Star (£410), but we know prices here are all over the place.

22 minutes ago, BenderBrau said:

31st seems like the best option, but I have a feeling they'll reveal it on the day of VIP release. July was already big with its releases and maybe they don't want to overshadow them? And let's hope they don't cancel the early access like they did with Bugatti.

By the way, were there any rumours about UK price? I know it's suppoed to be 500 €, so in theory it should cost about as much as the Death Star (£410), but we know prices here are all over the place.

Well the prices for the HP stuff have been really good over here. If it’s €500, I’d say it’s £400 maximum

On 7/23/2018 at 11:54 AM, djmangunz said:

They are incredible and well worth investing in them all, especially based on the resell prices of Harry Potter sets in the past. Quite honestly for what you get in each set the prices are quite reasonable as well. The detail and thought that went into each set is light-years beyond the older versions. For example, I have the 2001 Hogwarts Express and side to side the 2018 version is so much more impressive, just the locomotive alone. 

ok thank you for your feedback. In dollars, the price is very good, unlike french price ^^.

I had the 2000 Hp'w wave too. Can you tell me the difference? And do you prefer this wave to 2000?

1 hour ago, BenderBrau said:

I don’t think they’ll reveal it on the day of VIP release. They just did that for the James Bond car and doing it again less than a month later would be weird, especially because it doesn’t look like it really worked out for them with the car.

29 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

the official lego harry potter website  is beautiful : https://www.lego.com/en-us/themes/harry-potter

What I find strange is that if you scroll down the page, the Brickheadz box has a picture of a Harry Brickheadz but it is not the official one. Was this a prototype or unfinalised model? Seems strange to have the picture there.

EDIT: I think it may have been an Ideas project, but why would they show the picture uncredited? 

Edited by BacktoBricks

Someone really messed up on the Lego site. Unfinished pictures for the whomping willow  (Filch you never were the most handsome character, but this is going to far) and the different Harry BrickHeadz + the printless Harry BrickHeadz. Still nice to see how these sets came to be.

3 hours ago, RyanMe said:

As much as I hate the price increase, I suppose I should have expected it with a licensed CMF series. I’m sure this was harder to achieve than TLBM ones, there are more licensing issues at play

This is kinda crazy. Given the price increase and the fact that this is a big series, it will cost $4.5*22 = $99 to complete. Compare that to the $2*16 = $32 that it cost to complete S1 or S2 back in the day. Amazing.

Edited by BrickHat