Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

19 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m still very curious about that Ollivander minifigure that leaked a while back. It doesn’t look like it’s a polybag (bit of an odd character to have in a polybag anyway) and unless it’s in the D2C, which doesn’t seem likely, my only reasonable guess is that he’s in a set from the next wave. I’m asking because I honestly don’t know, but is it possible for a leak to appear that soon? Would the alleged set be finished enough for that kind of leak? If so, does it make it likely that the set would appear earlier in the year? Because I have a very hard time believing that a minifigure could leak from a set that won’t be released until more than a year from said leak. Thoughts? (It’s relevant because the leak appeared in 2018)

It’s way way way to early to be getting figures from the next wave of sets. That would mean the figure leaked almost 8 months ahead of time. I would wait to see the September calander because odds are there will be a promo to go along with the d2c. Other option your forgetting is that he comes in a book. 

35 minutes ago, cooperace12 said:

Has anyone seen the new Harry Potter sets in Australia yet? 

I believe their release date here in Australia is 1st August, so I doubt they’d be out anywhere yet. I find it hard to even find most sets on their supposed Australian release dates!

11 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m getting sick of this complete lack of information on the D2C. What are you waiting for? If they don’t reveal it in the next couple days I’m gonna be really pissed

It seems a bit entitled to be getting angry at a company for not announcing something. 

This is a month with a lot of releases. They just had the DB5 and have the Voltron set coming up next week. They don't want to overshadow those releases with another D2C announcement that may cause people to not buy one of those sets. 

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Maybe they’ll save the reveal for July 31st, since that’s both Harry’s and J.K. Rowling’s birthdays. 

That is a good date as any, if we do not see anything from SDCC, that is probably the most likely date. The other hot candidate is the same day as the set is for sale..

6 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Also isn’t 6 Sets (that would be the total number on display at comic of Hogwarts is revealed) too much to be revealed at comic con? With the release date for vips most likely being a little less then a month away. Lego might avoid revealing it for the time being 

Could be, depends on how they think about the DB5, it was not a SDCC release, but very close to it in time..

Even if we do not see any new WW sets the next days, the chance is good that we get a new FB trailer at least and that would be interesting since future FB sets are probably based on that movie :classic:

2 hours ago, nikhkin said:

It seems a bit entitled to be getting angry at a company for not announcing something. 

This is a month with a lot of releases. They just had the DB5 and have the Voltron set coming up next week. They don't want to overshadow those releases with another D2C announcement that may cause people to not buy one of those sets. 

Yeah it’s important to remember that we’re not really supposed to know anything about this set at all, not even that it’s coming.

I saw on facebook someone in Canada is selling Harry Potter CMFs.

He bought them in a Quebec City store along with the new sets.

Just now, Goldorak84 said:

I saw on facebook someone in Canada is selling Harry Potter CMFs.

He bought them in a Quebec City store along with the new sets.

Those devils in Canada! :wink: Very lucky customers.

15 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Also isn’t 6 Sets (that would be the total number on display at comic of Hogwarts is revealed) too much to be revealed at comic con? With the release date for vips most likely being a little less then a month away. Lego might avoid revealing it for the time being 

True but then again, Lego has so many strong themes right now, they may decide to go all out this year

10 hours ago, nikhkin said:

7 hours ago, Yochip said:

Yeah it’s important to remember that we’re not really supposed to know anything about this set at all, not even that it’s coming.

Yes I know that was over the top, I apologize. I’m recognize that I’m getting very impatient with this set. It’s been rumored for SO LONG and I’m tired of hearing rumors. I literally just want to see the details of the set for myself. I get overly passionate when it comes to Lego and Harry Potter. My bad, seriously, I know I need to chill. You’re not the first ones to have to call me out. Thanks for pointing it out. All I can do now is sit and wait. 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

So far it looks like the D2C is a no show at SDCC :hmpf_bad: From what I have seen it is the normal sets on display not even the minifigs and off course no WW exclusives.. I seems like the superhero's stuff are in focus as usual :hmpf:

10 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

So far it looks like the D2C is a no show at SDCC :hmpf_bad: From what I have seen it is the normal sets on display not even the minifigs and off course no WW exclusives.. I seems like the superhero's stuff are in focus as usual :hmpf:

Ugh that’s disappointing. If it doesn’t end up being there then, like others have said, it’ll probably be revealed July 31

I decided to use an eBay coupon I had and buy myself a set of HP CMFs in advance. I wanted to avoid the headache of looking for Percival Graves, given how much of a struggle it is to find policemen. I guess that means I'll have to wait a little longer, which is a little hard with these little gems. :excited:

1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

I decided to use an eBay coupon I had and buy myself a set of HP CMFs in advance. I wanted to avoid the headache of looking for Percival Graves, given how much of a struggle it is to find policemen. I guess that means I'll have to wait a little longer, which is a little hard with these little gems. :excited:

I ordered my box from Minifigure Maddness and seeing as how I live in the US I’m not expecting to get it until the end of August. I’m still going to go out and buy some random packs, though, especially because I want a second Graves figure. 

2 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I ordered my box from Minifigure Maddness and seeing as how I live in the US I’m not expecting to get it until the end of August. I’m still going to go out and buy some random packs, though, especially because I want a second Graves figure. 

I'm also thinking about getting another Graves. I'm concerned it might be a headache, though, especially given that Brickseek is of no help anymore to find CMFs early.

I visited my local Lego Store today (in Germany) and after some time the salemans and I talked about the big upcomig Lego Sets. There will be a huge Hogwarts Castle, which will be release vor VIPs in the middle of August. After asking if the price is as high as the Falcon, she said that it has around the same price as the Death Star (the 500€ one). So thats my final confirmation. No doubts anymore....

55 minutes ago, Uizuu said:

I visited my local Lego Store today (in Germany) and after some time the salemans and I talked about the big upcomig Lego Sets. There will be a huge Hogwarts Castle, which will be release vor VIPs in the middle of August. After asking if the price is as high as the Falcon, she said that it has around the same price as the Death Star (the 500€ one). So thats my final confirmation. No doubts anymore....

Excellent. I was worried about all the recent rumors about it being between $350 and $400 because that would mean a smaller castle but closer to $500 makes me feel a lot better because they can do more justice to it. It may mean I have to sacrifice Cloud City but so be it

23 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Is there a 2019 Harry Potter discussion thread yet?

No because there is no concert info on it yet or official pictures 

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

No because there is no concert info on it yet or official pictures 

So we can theorize about 2019 sets here?

26 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Isn’t there a separate speculation thread? This one is only for rumors and discussion. 

26 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think that would go in the Wishlist thread for Wizarding world