Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Just finished putting together the Hogwarts Express. I really like it, but I really wish it came with a second passenger car.  Definitely not bad enough to buy a second set, but maybe I’ll have to find one on the secondary market. 

59 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Does anyone else think it likely that the UCS Cloud City and the Harry Potter D2C will be revealed around the same time? Or do you think one will be revealed a few weeks after the other?

I’m pretty confident it will go like this, we see the Harry Potter d2c revealed this week probably towards the end of the week closer to comic con as it will probably be on display there. Cloud city is going to be avalible in October so we will probably see it around late August/ September 

5 hours ago, RyanMe said:

Just finished putting together the Hogwarts Express. I really like it, but I really wish it came with a second passenger car.  Definitely not bad enough to buy a second set, but maybe I’ll have to find one on the secondary market. 

A few weeks after the wider release on August 1st, I’m sure it will be easy to buy carriages seperate on eBay for like £10, that’s what I’m gonna do.

Nah. That would be a too big week. Hogwarts probably before Comic Con, because it's coming in August, but Cloud City is coming two months later. Probably reveal in September.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Nah. That would be a too big week. Hogwarts probably before Comic Con, because it's coming in August, but Cloud City is coming two months later. Probably reveal in September.

Gotcha. I wasn’t sure when the Cloud City release was going to be. I know the last couple big UCS sets were October releases but it wasn’t always like that so I didn’t know what to expect

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It will probably be an early September reveal with mid-September VIP release, like the Falcon last year

Jang with the first motorization of Hogwarts express:

This seems like a good solution so maybe I will do the same,  if not a even better fix turns up when more people get there hands on the set the next weeks..

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Jang with the first motorization of Hogwarts express:

This seems like a good solution so maybe I will do the same,  if not a even better fix turns up when more people get there hands on the set the next weeks..

I have watched the video, he did a pretty good job. I am however not motorizing when I get mine. I don't have the parts for that and have kids that will want to know where the driver is meant to sit. :classic:
If I get into railways that is also going to open a whole new can or worms. Worms that will require other LEGO to be bought. :laugh:

If a version could be done that does not fill up the drivers location I would be interested......

Someone mentioned being bothered about the inconsistency of the medium/short/full legs earlier, with Neville being medium in year two instead of short. I looked up the heights of the actors, and Matthew Lewis (Neville) is 7 inches taller than Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson, and 5 taller than Rupert Grint, which is enough of a difference to warrant him being a little taller imo.

Still no CMFs at Target, but I did notice that 204-00-1379 has been changed to reflect Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast CMFs, as opposed to the May Series it used to.

If they are going the reveal the D2C before SDCC we should see it soon, maybe tomorrow is the day?

I can't remember, but do they sometimes reveal sets during CC as well or is it usually the days before? I see sets in other themes popping up now, they probably save the D2C for last..

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

If they are going the reveal the D2C before SDCC we should see it soon, maybe tomorrow is the day?

I can't remember, but do they sometimes reveal sets during CC as well or is it usually the days before? I see sets in other themes popping up now, they probably save the D2C for last..

I don’t think it’ll be tomorrow since the James Bond car is being revealed tomorrow morning. Maybe Thursday or Friday?

6 hours ago, Cult_Of_Skaro said:

Someone mentioned being bothered about the inconsistency of the medium/short/full legs earlier, with Neville being medium in year two instead of short. I looked up the heights of the actors, and Matthew Lewis (Neville) is 7 inches taller than Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson, and 5 taller than Rupert Grint, which is enough of a difference to warrant him being a little taller imo.

This doesn't really work out because for one thing what matters is how tall they were as 11 and 12-year-olds, and for another that's not how LEGO works - all adults get regular legs no matter the height of the character they represent, all kids/dwarves/Ewoks/etc get short legs no matter the actual height differences between the characters. Now there's a bit more grey area with the mid-legs which work for early teens.

The "consistency" side in me thinks Neville should definitely have short legs to match the sets because he's from year 2 (just like Malfoy in the CMF is from year 2), but the minifigure-parts-lover in me is glad he has the mid legs because short black legs are easy enough to come by if you want to customise him and this way we get another set of plain black mid-legs.

8 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I don’t think it’ll be tomorrow since the James Bond car is being revealed tomorrow morning. Maybe Thursday or Friday?

Oh right that is today 10:07, well that cat is already out of the bag :tongue:

Your point is valid, guess they do not reveal two D2C on one day :wacko: The boring option is that they wait closer to the release (15 of August I assume) to reveal it :shrug_confused:

I’m getting sick of this complete lack of information on the D2C. What are you waiting for? If they don’t reveal it in the next couple days I’m gonna be really pissed

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m getting sick of this complete lack of information on the D2C. What are you waiting for? If they don’t reveal it in the next couple days I’m gonna be really pissed

What complete lack of information? We know it’s a micro scale Hogwarts with 36 nanofigures, minifigures of the four founders, and that it’ll be $350-450. All that’s left is seeing the set, and they’ve revealed two big D2C sets in the last few weeks so it looks like they’re saving this one for right before Comic-Con. It releases in under a month so we know it’ll be revealed soon anyway. 

SDCC starts tomorrow though, so I suppose we have that to look forward to.

By the way, when does the set inventory usually appear? Do we have to wait for the release to see the piece counts or are they released in advance somehow? I'm interesting in seeing how many of the rumoured 6k pieces will be 1x1 and 1x2 plates, as that's bound to influence my buying decision (especially after the Ship in a Bottle).

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

What complete lack of information? We know it’s a micro scale Hogwarts with 36 nanofigures, minifigures of the four founders, and that it’ll be $350-450. All that’s left is seeing the set, and they’ve revealed two big D2C sets in the last few weeks so it looks like they’re saving this one for right before Comic-Con. It releases in under a month so we know it’ll be revealed soon anyway. 

The only thing we know is that there are nanofigures. The rest is literally all heresay and speculation. I want real, confirmed, solid, factual information from Lego. 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The only thing we know is that there are nanofigures. The rest is literally all heresay and speculation. I want real, confirmed, solid, factual information from Lego. 

You will, when they deem it to be the right time. The fact that we have any information is a gift. You can’t do anything until the day it hits the shelves anyway.

17 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

You will, when they deem it to be the right time. The fact that we have any information is a gift. You can’t do anything until the day it hits the shelves anyway.

Yeah I know. I just can’t help but lose my mind a little when a set I’m looking forward to this much due to rumors that started a longgggggg time ago is this close to being revealed and sets like the Aston Martin that I don’t care about at all (it’s fine that other people do) are being revealed instead. I’m just tired of hearing nothing but rumors. I just want to see it, what it comes with, all the details, minifigs, etc. even if the rumors are completely accurate, it’s one thing to hear about possibilities, and another to actually see the final product. I fully accept that I am way too impatient about it

Just a reminder, comic con officially starts around 10 pst tomorrow morning so if something were going to see the Hogwarts castle we will see with very soon 

Edited by Falconfan1414

Also isn’t 6 Sets (that would be the total number on display at comic of Hogwarts is revealed) too much to be revealed at comic con? With the release date for vips most likely being a little less then a month away. Lego might avoid revealing it for the time being 

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Also isn’t 6 Sets (that would be the total number on display at comic of Hogwarts is revealed) too much to be revealed at comic con? With the release date for vips most likely being a little less then a month away. Lego might avoid revealing it for the time being 

Maybe they’ll save the reveal for July 31st, since that’s both Harry’s and J.K. Rowling’s birthdays. 

I’m still very curious about that Ollivander minifigure that leaked a while back. It doesn’t look like it’s a polybag (bit of an odd character to have in a polybag anyway) and unless it’s in the D2C, which doesn’t seem likely, my only reasonable guess is that he’s in a set from the next wave. I’m asking because I honestly don’t know, but is it possible for a leak to appear that soon? Would the alleged set be finished enough for that kind of leak? If so, does it make it likely that the set would appear earlier in the year? Because I have a very hard time believing that a minifigure could leak from a set that won’t be released until more than a year from said leak. Thoughts? (It’s relevant because the leak appeared in 2018)