Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

They are out now, at least at Target. A friend found some, but when I went to one, albeit a different store in town, they had zero. They didn’t have any at the brand store I went to on the first though. 

Yeah they don’t have them at my Target. Oh well, they will probably become more widely available in August and the months following

18 hours ago, DungeonsAndFlagons said:

Well maybe I was breathing in the 'LEGO crazy vapours' there. All the sets were 'Out of Stock' on LEGO.com when I have been looking so it seemed like they are very popular. I am keen on grabbing them as soon as they come out so maybe I am suffering from a personal frenzy.... I have pre-ordered my CMF box. :grin:

It seems lots of people have to have them now.  They will be back in stock. Just wait. LEGO aren't stupid, they are not going to stop selling them so fast.

1 hour ago, MAB said:

It seems lots of people have to have them now.  They will be back in stock. Just wait. LEGO aren't stupid, they are not going to stop selling them so fast.

I think part of it is because I missed out on the earlier HP waves as I was focused on other Themes. This new 'Wizarding World' Theme (or Sub Theme) has got me realizing:
> How much I like Harry potter (and always have)
> How much the Hogwarts sets match my love of Castle Theme
> How cool this re-lauch of the Theme is with the higher quality minifigs compared to the earlier ones in the older sets. Also the sets themselves and the CMF Series are cool.
That is most of the reasons behind my 'HP Fever'.

Have we got a poll yet as to thier favourite 'Wizarding World' set?

52 minutes ago, DungeonsAndFlagons said:

I think part of it is because I missed out on the earlier HP waves as I was focused on other Themes. This new 'Wizarding World' Theme (or Sub Theme) has got me realizing:
> How much I like Harry potter (and always have)
> How much the Hogwarts sets match my love of Castle Theme
> How cool this re-lauch of the Theme is with the higher quality minifigs compared to the earlier ones in the older sets. Also the sets themselves and the CMF Series are cool.
That is most of the reasons behind my 'HP Fever'.

That is more or less the reasons I have as well strangely enough :blush: But I will still wait until I get a good deal before I buy the sets, actually I preordered a CMF box yesterday and saved around 86$ :grin:

2 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

That is more or less the reasons I have as well strangely enough :blush: But I will still wait until I get a good deal before I buy the sets, actually I preordered a CMF box yesterday and saved around 86$ :grin:

I have ordered my CMF box from a discount retailer as well so hopefully that all works out and I have saved some coinage as well.
I think this 'Wizarding World' wave is coming at a good time right now. :thumbup: 

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

How could you save 86 dollars? lol

I saved for myself 40 euros for the box

1 minute ago, Black Numenorean said:

How could you save 86 dollars? lol

I saved for myself 40 euros for the box

Well I guess I got a good deal :tongue:, also the retail price for Lego is rather high in Norway.. The box cost around 294$ or 253 euros here*huh*, I assume it is cheaper in France?!

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

Well I guess I got a good deal :tongue:, also the retail price for Lego is rather high in Norway.. The box cost around 294$ or 253 euros here*huh*, I assume it is cheaper in France?! 

I pre ordered for 198,99 euros on a english website wich send in France just for 4 euros add. But i saw the box in other french site at 199 euros. I think that the box will cost 240 euros normally.

And yes, in Europe , the price of the sets in France is one of the most higher. But i don't know why...

:excited: Ordered the Quidditch & Aragon sets, they are(might be were by now) back up on S@H. Now the agonizing week long wait. :ugh:

24 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

:excited: Ordered the Quidditch & Aragon sets, they are(might be were by now) back up on S@H. Now the agonizing week long wait. :ugh:

My Quidditch set from S@H was delivered yesterday but when I opened the box there were 4 or 5 Dumbledore/Ron Brickheads in it instead!  So Lego is expressing me the correct sets, should be here Monday.  They told me to keep the Brickheads lol!

Edited by aukevin

1 hour ago, aukevin said:

They told me to keep the Brickheads lol!

Nice! Would have been cool if they did the same when they sent me 8 sets of Hulkbuster: Ultron Edition instead of 1. Kinda understand why did they didn't though! :laugh:

It looks like the reveal of the Lego Movie 2 sets indicates the start of the pre-SDCC reveals. I’m expecting the D2C to be revealed anytime now...

43 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It looks like the reveal of the Lego Movie 2 sets indicates the start of the pre-SDCC reveals. I’m expecting the D2C to be revealed anytime now...

There was a 2019 DC set revealed a week or two ago which was kind of the start, so don’t expect a sudden wave of reveals

6 hours ago, aukevin said:

My Quidditch set from S@H was delivered yesterday but when I opened the box there were 4 or 5 Dumbledore/Ron Brickheads in it instead!  So Lego is expressing me the correct sets, should be here Monday.  They told me to keep the Brickheads lol!

That's lucky!  Wish it would happen to me, I could use those printed tiles from 4 or 5 Dumbledores!

3 hours ago, Whovastron said:

There was a 2019 DC set revealed a week or two ago which was kind of the start, so don’t expect a sudden wave of reveals

Right but the D2C will most likely be revealed right before SDCC which is in a week. I expect it’ll be revealed the day before, kinda like the Great Hall with New York Toy Fair, and then it’ll be on display at SDCC. That’s just my prediction

Even if the D2C Hogwarts is released in September with an August early access to VIP’s, I’m thinking I’ll wait a little while until there are double VIP points and then get that and Cloud City in one fell swoop. It’ll give me more time to save anyway so win/win. I just hope those two sets aren’t sold out for a long period of time

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Right but the D2C will most likely be revealed right before SDCC which is in a week. I expect it’ll be revealed the day before, kinda like the Great Hall with New York Toy Fair, and then it’ll be on display at SDCC. That’s just my prediction

Even if the D2C Hogwarts is released in September with an August early access to VIP’s, I’m thinking I’ll wait a little while until there are double VIP points and then get that and Cloud City in one fell swoop. It’ll give me more time to save anyway so win/win. I just hope those two sets aren’t sold out for a long period of time

Unless Lego have finally learned their lesson, I feel both of those sets will be out of stock for a little while, both have insane hype behind them; nowhere near Falcon level, but it’s still considrable

8 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m expecting the D2C to be revealed anytime now...

Well if you keep saying it every 3 or 4 hours your bound to be right sooner or later. I get it though, I too am anxious to see it. 

New commercial on instagram hashtag legoleaks!

( How do they keep the stems to stay in the whomping willow? )

Anyone seen 30407 ‘Harry's Journey to Hogwarts’ show up in Europe? I believe it has shown up in the UK (yes i am not counting UK as Europe) and USA. Anywhere in Sweden ?? would even be better. :grin:

1 hour ago, DungeonsAndFlagons said:

Anyone seen 30407 ‘Harry's Journey to Hogwarts’ show up in Europe? I believe it has shown up in the UK (yes i am not counting UK as Europe) and USA. Anywhere in Sweden ?? would even be better. :grin:

It was given out at the press event, but hasn’t shown up anywhere else in the U.K.

(and side note, even with brexit, the U.K. will always be part of Europe)

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

It was given out at the press event, but hasn’t shown up anywhere else in the U.K.

(and side note, even with brexit, the U.K. will always be part of Europe)

I wonder how Jangbricks got one then... 

Anyway I am willing to let the UK be part of Europe geographically. :laugh:

1 hour ago, DungeonsAndFlagons said:

I wonder how Jangbricks got one then...

From the video:

"Price & availability info was not out as of the time of the recording of this video. The first batch of these were given out as promotional items and I bought mine secondhand."