Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, DungeonsAndFlagons said:

Yeah I have noticed that the CMF series is not complete in terms of Schools and Uniform torsos. The sets however have them. So you can use the torsos from there with 'tween' legs to make the older kids.
Just have to buy all the Harry Potter LEGO they release..... :sceptic:

Just the Great Hall and Cho Chang cmf for the torso's really. But yeah, all of them in the cmf would have been nice. I hope they'll focus on the Quidditch uniforms next (if there is a next time). Still only 1 Slytherin and 1 Hufflepuff torso for a $100 something set, so if you want multiple I think you're better off BrickLinking them.

42 minutes ago, Duffyoran said:

Do you guys think we will ever get characters like the Patil twins?(Parvati & Padma) or Pansy Parkinson, Lee jordan maybe Lavender Brown

Its just, I was going to get 3 Chos in order to make the patil twins & I was wondering will it be worth while? I mean even if they do release the twins in the futre I can still make other characters out of their torsos

If this end up being a evergreen series, it is probably only a question of time before we get the different characters.. Off course that is a gamble and even if it is evergreen you may wait several years for some of the characters to show up.. So the safest is to get more Cho's now and build other ravenclaws and exchange them if you get original figs in the future :wink:

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

its probably been said, but the teen legs definitely put the rest the question on when the kids would grow, it seems the best option (to me atleast) would be:

short legs - years 1-2

teen legs - years 3-5 

adult legs - years 6 - 7 

Whilst I agree that the actors/actresses did seem to grow up into teenagers between COS and POA, it seems Lego are going to go with short legs for POA as Hermione in the Hogwarts Express set is in her POA hoodie and she has short legs.

2 hours ago, Duffyoran said:

Do you guys think we will ever get characters like the Patil twins?(Parvati & Padma) or Pansy Parkinson, Lee jordan maybe Lavender Brown

Its just, I was going to get 3 Chos in order to make the patil twins & I was wondering will it be worth while? I mean even if they do release the twins in the futre I can still make other characters out of their torsos

You will only need two :)

10 hours ago, x105Black said:

uANXqFI.jpg

Nice job!

How did you get it up? I seriously tried everything although I suppose I’m not the most tech savvy person. Thanks though!

1 hour ago, GalacticHippo said:

You will only need two :)

I know but I need to have a Cho to be Cho. I need two heads for the twins I will be using one uniform for Padma and ill use the otherone for a custom Luna in robes. Anyways Im also getting another Hermione to use her robes for Parvati as they are both in different houses

I will also be changing the hairpieces?

Edited by Duffyoran

Anyone know what stores don't mind you going through and feeling the bags (in the US) or who marks up specific ones the least? I'd usually got to Toys R US, but obviously I can't do that anymore. I'm going to need quite a few extras of this series.

Just now, Marvelous Spidey said:

Anyone know what stores don't mind you going through and feeling the bags (in the US) or who marks up specific ones the least? I'd usually got to Toys R US, but obviously I can't do that anymore. I'm going to need quite a few extras of this series.

Never had any problems doing it at Wal-Mart, Target, or a Lego store.  Lego Store employees will sometimes help if the store isn't busy!

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

If this end up being a evergreen series, it is probably only a question of time before we get the different characters.. Off course that is a gamble and even if it is evergreen you may wait several years for some of the characters to show up.. So the safest is to get more Cho's now and build other ravenclaws and exchange them if you get original figs in the future :wink:

Be careful. I thought the same think with the wave of Lotr. And at the end, panic buy for a lot of figurine to complete the serie.

4 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

Be careful. I thought the same think with the wave of Lotr. And at the end, panic buy for a lot of figurine to complete the serie.

Yes, my worst fear for this theme is the LOTR effect. My heart is still broken by that. But that’s why I’m glad so much was included in the first wave of this theme! And we’ll at least get a second because those would already be designed at this point, maybe even produced already, waiting for release. That’s where LOTR died. After the second wave. That’s why I wanted the D2C to be more of the system scale Hogwarts Castle that connects to the others and not microscale, because other sections of the castle are not promised

55 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

Impossible to know for sure, but I do not think that is going to happen with this theme :sceptic: LOTR was 10 years too late and have too few kids as fans so it did not sell enough sets.. HP has huge numbers of fans from kids to adults, male and female alike :thumbup: Time will show, but I think and hope this theme is here to stay at least several years :wink:

6 hours ago, DungeonsAndFlagons said:

Yeah I have noticed that the CMF series is not complete in terms of Schools and Uniform torsos. The sets however have them. So you can use the torsos from there with 'tween' legs to make the older kids.
Just have to buy all the Harry Potter LEGO they release..... :sceptic:

While the sets have them, it’s a £90 Set for 1 Hufflepuff and 1 Slitheryn. The bricklink prices are gonna be a good few quid to army build

15 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yes, my worst fear for this theme is the LOTR effect. My heart is still broken by that. But that’s why I’m glad so much was included in the first wave of this theme! And we’ll at least get a second because those would already be designed at this point, maybe even produced already, waiting for release. That’s where LOTR died. After the second wave. That’s why I wanted the D2C to be more of the system scale Hogwarts Castle that connects to the others and not microscale, because other sections of the castle are not promised

I say buy now if you want them. These sets I think are selling real well. So if you want them don't hang around.

Given the modular style with the 2 Hogwarts castle sets so far I can easily see more sets being released that you can connect to (those handy tech pin connections), so I am assuming there will be at least one more wave.
I think the micro scale D2C makes sense as a minifig scale is impossible. However if they sell the Hogwarts castle in cut down sections then BINGO. You can have a minfig play set versus a micro display set.

2 hours ago, DungeonsAndFlagons said:

I say buy now if you want them. These sets I think are selling real well. So if you want them don't hang around.

I doubt any of the sets will be hard to find. The initial runs might sell out, but I cannot see LEGO limiting stocks of them. I expect they (the boxed sets) will all be available for at least a year, so anyone wanting to wait for their favourite store to discount them in a regular sale can probably wait without fear. For example, most toy stores in the UK have sales where you can get 20-40% off or 3 for the price of 2, and amazon will often price match with a similar discount.

I'm sure sales volume will be high, but I expect production will be too. They wouldn't have brought HP back if they were not expecting decent sales volume.

1 hour ago, MAB said:

I doubt any of the sets will be hard to find. The initial runs might sell out, but I cannot see LEGO limiting stocks of them. I expect they (the boxed sets) will all be available for at least a year, so anyone wanting to wait for their favourite store to discount them in a regular sale can probably wait without fear. For example, most toy stores in the UK have sales where you can get 20-40% off or 3 for the price of 2, and amazon will often price match with a similar discount.

I'm sure sales volume will be high, but I expect production will be too. They wouldn't have brought HP back if they were not expecting decent sales volume.

+1

It was a massive hype when MF was released and Lego sold out after a short while every time they got the set in stock.. Now you can buy it in normal toy stores with a descent Lego selection in Norway, sometimes at a discount as well :laugh:

So I plan to wait until I get the sets at 30-40% discount before I part with my money, that will take some time maybe a few months, but I can wait and assume they still are on shelf 2 years from now.. :tongue:

Yep, the only ones that are likely to disappear fast are the CMFs.

Well maybe I was breathing in the 'LEGO crazy vapours' there. All the sets were 'Out of Stock' on LEGO.com when I have been looking so it seemed like they are very popular. I am keen on grabbing them as soon as they come out so maybe I am suffering from a personal frenzy.... I have pre-ordered my CMF box. :grin:

23 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

How did you get it up? I seriously tried everything although I suppose I’m not the most tech savvy person. Thanks though!

I just pasted the image link and the forum converted that into the image on its own.

:wink:

If

On 7/11/2018 at 3:58 PM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

If it's on Flickr then simply click on the share photo arrow and then paste the share link that's shown into the message window. It'll automatically appear after a second or two.

Does anyone know when the Harry’s Journey To Hogwarts polybag will be available? I’m assuming August with the CMF and FB sets but I really have no idea. It’ll probably be a GWP for something, the question is what?

So having built the Whomping Willow, I have a theory of the sets coming next. This seems like the Snape portion of Hogwarts since it contained his office and the potion room. Maybe the next extensions will be based on each character. If I remember correctly, the most memborable classroom and the first we see is Potions. In chronological order I see:

Lockhart portion: DADA classroom (Hopefully bigger than Potions) with some Pixies. Also the Girl's Bathroom with Moaning Myrtle. Maybe a Ginny trying to get in the chamber. Minifigs: Lockhart, Harry, Ron, Ginny, Moaning Myrtle

Sprout portion: I see this as heavily likely especially with the Neville minifigs. The greenhouse with plenty of Foliage. Minifigs: Sprout and some students.

Trewlaney portion: Divinations classroom with some of the crystal balls. And sneak in clock tower since this is POA. Characters: Trewlaney and some students.

McGonagal portion: Yule Ball hall (I know not likely but would be cool to see), and Transfiguration classroom. Minifigs: Yule Ball Harry, Yule Ball Ron, Yule Ball Hermione, Victor Krum, Fleur, the twins, Olympia.

Umbridge Portion: Umbridge's Office and the Room of Requirements: Minifigs: Umbridge, Luna, Cho Chang, Ginny, Neville, Harry.

Dumbledore portion: his office with the Pensive and the Astronomy Tower based from the Half Blood Prince. Minifigs: Bellatrix, Draco, Snape, Harry, Dumbledore.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Does anyone know when the Harry’s Journey To Hogwarts polybag will be available? I’m assuming August with the CMF and FB sets but I really have no idea. It’ll probably be a GWP for something, the question is what?

They are out now, at least at Target. A friend found some, but when I went to one, albeit a different store in town, they had zero. They didn’t have any at the brand store I went to on the first though. 

4 minutes ago, RODDY said:

In chronological order I see:

This is cool speculation but please keep it in the Wizarding World speculation thread :thumbup:

24 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

This is cool speculation but please keep it in the Wizarding World speculation thread :thumbup:

Sorry about that didn't know there was a thread for that.

5 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Sorry about that didn't know there was a thread for that.

No worries, it looks like it was bumped down quite a bit. There’s so much going on with Licensed themes at the moment! Here’s the thread: