Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

8 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Thank you, agreed

The one where it’s opening the door looks dark gray to me. Light reflecting off of it makes it look lighter than it is. 

Are you aware of colour grading and lighting in films? It’s entirely possible that the skin is light grey, but the Harry Potters are notorious for their extremely dark colour grading (it’s the only thing I really dislike about the later films) Prisoner of Azkaban especially makes the scenes with the dementors very dark. Personally I would have preferred dark grey, but if light grey is what they officially are then that’s fine. The minifigure is still fantastic to me. 

4 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Are you aware of colour grading and lighting in films? It’s entirely possible that the skin is light grey, but the Harry Potters are notorious for their extremely dark colour grading (it’s the only thing I really dislike about the later films) Prisoner of Azkaban especially makes the scenes with the dementors very dark. Personally I would have preferred dark grey, but if light grey is what they officially are then that’s fine. The minifigure is still fantastic to me. 

On the 4K blu-rays the films are a lot brighter than the DVD/Blu-Ray releases, and the Dementors look a lot lighter in that scene, it is definitely light grey

Stop this arguing about whether the Dementors skin should be grey or light grey. None of us really give a sh!t apart from you ones fighting. 

SO JUST STOP

7 minutes ago, Duffyoran said:

Stop this arguing about whether the Dementors skin should be grey or light grey. None of us really give a sh!t apart from you ones fighting. 

SO JUST STOP

Yes, Mom. Look, there’s nothing wrong with a little friendly debating on a passionate and beloved topic. I have nothing against the people I’m arguing with. We all just love Lego Harry Potter and have different visions for it. Nothing personal going on here, nothing is getting out of hand, no one is being nasty. People are going to disagree, it’s life.

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

While @Duffyoran shouldn’t be mini-modding, at the same I quite agree. Please end this very pointless debate which could carry on ad infinitum.

For those that like the new figure with light grey - amazing, you’re all set. For those that like the new figure but want the hands to be dark grey - well hey you can change them yourself.

And for people like me that find it too chunky and lacking in cloak - either you’ve got the old versions that you like, or tough, the new one doesn’t do it for you.

16 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

While @Duffyoran shouldn’t be mini-modding, at the same I quite agree. Please end this very pointless debate which could carry on ad infinitum.

For those that like the new figure with light grey - amazing, you’re all set. For those that like the new figure but want the hands to be dark grey - well hey you can change them yourself.

And for people like me that find it too chunky and lacking in cloak - either you’ve got the old versions that you like, or tough, the new one doesn’t do it for you.

Fair enough, I’m not even sure how it escalated, I already fixed the hands! It really isn’t that big of a deal, easy fix. At least I have the last version 

Got my shipment notification for my backordered Quidditch set from the online LEGO store.  My backorder date was July 16, so they beat it by almost a week.  :)

Does anyone have clear pictures of the portraits in the whomping willow set?

One of those might be one of the founders?

I made a first year Neville and Dean out of the two extra Hermione figures with the Gryffindor sweater (I would rather have those two unique figures than three of the same Hermione) and they look quite nice. It won’t let me upload the picture but for Neville I used Frodo’s face from Gandalf Arrives and the 2010-11 Professor Flitwick hair piece. For Dean I used one of the Jurassic World guards’ head and hands (a lighter brown skin tone, the same color as the Dean in the CMF series). The face is a little too serious for my liking but it still works very well. And then I used the hair piece from the CMF gladiator from one of the recent series (the same hairpiece as Dean from the upcoming CMF). Both look great and I can’t wait to make more when the CMF come out!

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I made a first year Neville and Dean out of the two extra Hermione figures with the Gryffindor sweater (I would rather have those two unique figures than three of the same Hermione) and they look quite nice. It won’t let me upload the picture but for Neville I used Frodo’s face from Gandalf Arrives and the 2010-11 Professor Flitwick hair piece. For Dean I used one of the Jurassic World guards’ head and hands (a lighter brown skin tone, the same color as the Dean in the CMF series). The face is a little too serious for my liking but it still works very well. And then I used the hair piece from the CMF gladiator from one of the recent series (the same hairpiece as Dean from the upcoming CMF). Both look great and I can’t wait to make more when the CMF come out!

Upload pics when you can. I am keen to see your handiwork.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Bricklink has this image but it is a bit fuzzy. Judging from colour scheme and composition I would say no I don't think so but I am not 100% as the image is not so clear.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Try JANGBRiCKS review on YouTube, you can see them pretty well. They are all just some random wizards, very similar to the battle of hogwarts set from 2011 or somsomething. On of them has a pug.

Oh thanks

Yeah, they dont look like any of the founders.

It would have nice to have the founders as portraits. (Though I'm not even sure if the founders actually had portraits on Hogwarts. Harry would have gone to Ravenclaw's to ask her about her diadem or Slytherin would have been interrogated about the Chamber of Secrets)

1 hour ago, DungeonsAndFlagons said:

Got it!

2 hours ago, DungeonsAndFlagons said:

I’ve tried several times now but it says I can’t upload it. I think the iPhone camera takes pictures that are too big to post? I don’t know how else to get the pic up

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’ve tried several times now but it says I can’t upload it. I think the iPhone camera takes pictures that are too big to post? I don’t know how else to get the pic up

Upload them on an image hosting site, then post the pictures to the board.  It might be a good idea to start a new topic for your "Custom Wizarding World Minifigures" as well.

I Backordered the sets on July 1st and they just shipped today.

16 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I feel like Cedric’s hair piece will work a lot better for the eleventh Doctor than the Anakin hair piece he currently has. Anyone else?

The hair is going the wrong way, much like the Anakin hair. The best hair, style-wise, is Alladins, which also works because of the fez

3 hours ago, DungeonsAndFlagons said:

Nice. These generic uniforms open a world of possibilities. I am looking forward to getting hold of the sets and the minifg series. 

I just wish all 4 houses had been in the CMF. I’m really surprised didn’t do it, people would buy tons of each for just random students! I certainly would buy atleast 6 of each house. I know I’m getting loads of Chos and the main 3 to make assorted students

its probably been said, but the teen legs definitely put the rest the question on when the kids would grow, it seems the best option (to me atleast) would be:

short legs - years 1-2

teen legs - years 3-5

adult legs - years 6 - 7

Edited by Whovastron

Just now, Whovastron said:

I just wish all 4 houses had been in the CMF. I’m really surprised didn’t do it, people would buy tons of each for just random students! I certainly would buy atleast 6 of each house. I know I’m getting loads of Chos and the main 3 to make assorted students

Yeah I have noticed that the CMF series is not complete in terms of Schools and Uniform torsos. The sets however have them. So you can use the torsos from there with 'tween' legs to make the older kids.
Just have to buy all the Harry Potter LEGO they release..... :sceptic:

Do you guys think we will ever get characters like the Patil twins?(Parvati & Padma) or Pansy Parkinson, Lee jordan maybe Lavender Brown

Its just, I was going to get 3 Chos in order to make the patil twins & I was wondering will it be worth while? I mean even if they do release the twins in the futre I can still make other characters out of their torsos