Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

38 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

After having built the Hogwarts Express set, my only complaint is the dementor’s hands. Why are they light gray??? Why aren’t they black like on the box?? I am switching out those awful light gray hands for black ones right away. Even dark gray would have been ok but light gray?? Awful looking

Well their hands aren’t black, their skin in the film is grey. Dark grey would be best, but I’m glad they did change it to be a bit more accurate.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

After having built the Hogwarts Express set, my only complaint is the dementor’s hands. Why are they light gray??? Why aren’t they black like on the box?? I am switching out those awful light gray hands for black ones right away. Even dark gray would have been ok but light gray?? Awful looking

I mean, their skin is gray so it’s much more accurate than the black face. I definitely think this dementor is a step down from the 2015 one. The tattered cape doesn’t look as ethereal as the full body ones from 2010 and I don’t love the ghost leg piece on dementors. 

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

Well their hands aren’t black, their skin in the film is grey. Dark grey would be best, but I’m glad they did change it to be a bit more accurate.

I know but it’s definitely not light gray. But Lego made the body and face black with randomly light gray hands. The combination looks terrible

14 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I mean, their skin is gray so it’s much more accurate than the black face. I definitely think this dementor is a step down from the 2015 one. The tattered cape doesn’t look as ethereal as the full body ones from 2010 and I don’t love the ghost leg piece on dementors. 

Their skin is a dark gray (almost black) but Lego made the head and body black with light gray hands which makes no sense and looks terrible. I’m not sure how I feel about the new design. I like the ghost “legs” and the actual minifig torso but the printing makes no sense. It’s just bare skin with a hood and tattered cape. The only exposed areas should be the face and hands. They should have at least had some kind of cloak or cloth printed on the torso instead of that weird belly

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

7 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Their skin is a dark gray (almost black) but Lego made the head and body black with light gray hands which makes no sense and looks terrible. I’m not sure how I feel about the new design. I like the ghost “legs” and the actual minifig torso but the printing makes no sense. It’s just bare skin with a good and tattered cape. The only exposed areas should be the face and hands. They should have at least had some kind of cloak or cloth printed on the torso instead of that weird belly

there are costumized Dementors using the new "ghost legs" with the old  cape piece. Colour or printing aside, the lack of the old cape is really a big step down. It was just perfect for them. The cape they use now looks just horrible :thumbdown:
I don't understand why you would make that decision as a designer? How can you not look at the old figure and think "hmm that new one is quite the opposite of an improvement"

Looking at the Sirius sticker from the Hogwarts Express set, I wouldn't be surprised if he used the same hairpiece as Mad-Eye Moody, just in black.

12 minutes ago, elederberg said:

Looking at the Sirius sticker from the Hogwarts Express set, I wouldn't be surprised if he used the same hairpiece as Mad-Eye Moody, just in black.

Agreed, except probably dark brown

6 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Their skin is a dark gray (almost black) but Lego made the head and body black with light gray hands which makes no sense and looks terrible. I’m not sure how I feel about the new design. I like the ghost “legs” and the actual minifig torso but the printing makes no sense. It’s just bare skin with a good and tattered cape. The only exposed areas should be the face and hands. They should have at least had some kind of cloak or cloth printed on the torso instead of that weird belly

Take a look at both NECA & Funko’s depictions. Light grey hands, visible rbcage, just like the minifigure. 

Things like this normally gets a universal look when a reboot of merch is done.

There might be style boards sent out to producers such as Lego and Funko to get a continuity across all of the items, like then Wedge Antilles in SW had dark green helmet colouring rather than the grey he'd been depicted as for years.

I'm kind of fearful the awesome new medium legs will be a "sometimes" thing which makes no sense to me. It's like the Star Wars helmets with the actual molded visors vs the printed on the face visors. PICK ONE!!!

I think all short legs should become Medium Legs, and ideally one day we'd have a medium torso too (with medium arms) so could get basically as short as the minifigures with short legs.

Anyways, if these medium legs stick around it would be awesome. It's truly annoying how SOME of them have them though and SOME don't. I hope these become the norm.

I wish they would come up with a new Professor Umbridge figure, those pink legs are impossible to get (although the new one if they did it would probably have printed legs that dont work with any other torso)

I don’t get what the problem is with the dementor. The only exposed bits of skin on a dementor are the hands and the lips, both of which are grey on the minifig, as they should be. Everything that’s black represents the robes, which are not supposed to be present on the hands. It’s like complaining that a minifigure wearing a red shirt doesn’t have red hands to match.

6 hours ago, elederberg said:

It is the exact same hairpiece, that’s why when the Moody figure was revealed people got excited for the new Sirius coming out ?

27 minutes ago, jonwil said:

I wish they would come up with a new Professor Umbridge figure, those pink legs are impossible to get (although the new one if they did it would probably have printed legs that dont work with any other torso)

A new Umbridge is coming out, in the BrickTober pack with Slughorn, Hooch and Boggart Snape

37 minutes ago, The Dangerous HC said:

It is the exact same hairpiece, that’s why when the Moody figure was revealed people got excited for the new Sirius coming out ?

You're right, I haven't even noticed that before :thumbup: I wonder if it could be used for both versions of Sirius since it's neither as messy as his PoA hairstyle nor as decent as his OotP hairdo but rather somewhere in between. Either way, a new Sirius is long overdue, we need more than just a sticker of him :grin: 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

You're right, I haven't even noticed that before :thumbup: I wonder if it could be used for both versions of Sirius since it's neither as messy as his PoA hairstyle nor as decent as his OotP hairdo but rather somewhere in between. Either way, a new Sirius is long overdue, we need more than just a sticker of him :grin: 

It’s perfect for both versions, I think for PoA Sirius it should be black (it’s darker in that film due to dirt) and OotP Sirius should be dark brown, also yes, we are very overdue a new Sirius, that overdue that I’ve had to make a custom based on his LHPY5-7 appearance

3 hours ago, The Dangerous HC said:

A new Umbridge is coming out, in the BrickTober pack with Slughorn, Hooch and Boggart Snape

Is BrickTober some LEGO event?

Don't worry Google is my friend (well not really but anyway):
https://www.thebrickfan.com/rumored-lego-bricktober-2018-set-details/

Edited by DungeonsAndFlagons

7 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Take a look at both NECA & Funko’s depictions. Light grey hands, visible rbcage, just like the minifigure. 

Still inaccurate to the films. I wouldn’t really look to funko for accuracy

4 hours ago, Yochip said:

I don’t get what the problem is with the dementor. The only exposed bits of skin on a dementor are the hands and the lips, both of which are grey on the minifig, as they should be. Everything that’s black represents the robes, which are not supposed to be present on the hands. It’s like complaining that a minifigure wearing a red shirt doesn’t have red hands to match.

A dementor’s skin is not light gray. It’s dark gray, almost black

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Still inaccurate to the films. I wouldn’t really look to funko for accuracy

Uhhh... no it isn’t... https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/harrypotter/images/4/49/DementorConceptArt.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150928152038

art from Prisoner of Azkaban, authorised by Rowling herself... the hands are light grey as is the mouth inside the mask (the head piece, the mouth is LBG)

Just now, The Dangerous HC said:

Uhhh... no it isn’t... https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/harrypotter/images/4/49/DementorConceptArt.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150928152038

art from Prisoner of Azkaban, authorised by Rowling herself... the hands are light grey as is the mouth inside the mask (the head piece, the mouth is LBG)

Uhhh...yeah it is. Watch the films, not art from them. 

Uhhh...yeah it is. Watch the films, not art from them. 

I have seen the films a ridiculous amount of times, look at this image, if you can’t see that it’s light grey then you need your eyes checking; https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/aminoapps.com/c/horror/amp/item/dementors/X0pt_XIRoKEYgxEoYBpb3YWb8MnQW1e?source=images the dementor’s skin is light grey, not dark grey, not black, light grey

2 minutes ago, The Dangerous HC said:

I have seen the films a ridiculous amount of times, look at this image, if you can’t see that it’s light grey then you need your eyes checking; https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/aminoapps.com/c/horror/amp/item/dementors/X0pt_XIRoKEYgxEoYBpb3YWb8MnQW1e?source=images the dementor’s skin is light grey, not dark grey, not black, light grey

That image is not taken from the film. Approved or not, it’s only art. 

That image is not taken from the film. Approved or not, it’s only art. 

That image is literally the scene where the dementor opens the door to the area with Lupin and the trio in... 

Whether or not the Dementors have light grey or dark grey skin, they are for a fact completely shrouded in a flowing tattered cloak and extremely skeletal - neither of which are captured by the new minifigure. Therefore I like the 2010-11 version much better.

9 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Whether or not the Dementors have light grey or dark grey skin, they are for a fact completely shrouded in a flowing tattered cloak and extremely skeletal - neither of which are captured by the new minifigure. Therefore I like the 2010-11 version much better.

Thank you, agreed

11 minutes ago, The Dangerous HC said:

That image is literally the scene where the dementor opens the door to the area with Lupin and the trio in... 

The one where it’s opening the door looks dark gray to me. Light reflecting off of it makes it look lighter than it is. This argument obviously isn’t going anywhere, I don’t think we’re going to agree on this so I say we drop it. I’m not convinced by the new minifigure

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth