Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Any word on the Bricktober packs? Really don't wanna miss out on those.

Anyway I'm so excited, I love all the alternate faces. Luna looks so much better this time around, really happy with the glasses. The cloak looks amazing, I only wish there was a way to cover the head. Now it's just waiting for the D2C. I assume it will take about a month until it's revealed?

One thing I just noticed in the Brickset review is that Draco seems to have a short cape in the CMF? A tad inconvenient for expanding a Quidditch team... Also interesting that Harry in 75956 has a regular length cape, which seems a bit random.

Edited by GalacticHippo

1 minute ago, LegoLord54 said:

Anyone know what’s happening with that leaked olivander minifigure?

No one knows, which is why no one's answering your question.

Asking it repeatedly doesn't change anything either.

4 minutes ago, LegoLord54 said:

Anyone know what’s happening with that leaked olivander minifigure?

No ones knows for certain. If I had to place my bets on it I would say a book exclusive or another polybag. D2C is strongly believed to be a microscale Hogwarts so he will most likely come in a polybag to tie in with that or a book. But no ones knows for sure

6 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Image result for cedric diggory

I know it's more screen accurate but having a stripe run down the leg like that is just weird on a minifig to me. 

I just built the Harry and Hedwig Brickheadz, and must say I quite enjoyed it. They are my first from this range, and I was surprised by some parts I had never seen before and how they were used. I cannot wait to get the Ron and Dumbledore set.

3 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Any word on the Bricktober packs? Really don't wanna miss out on those.

Anyway I'm so excited, I love all the alternate faces. Luna looks so much better this time around, really happy with the glasses. The cloak looks amazing, I only wish there was a way to cover the head. Now it's just waiting for the D2C. I assume it will take about a month until it's revealed?

I’m hoping it’ll be revealed soon. The Disney Castle and Ninjago City were both in the same boat as Hogwarts (mid-August VIP release, September 1st general release) and I believe their press release announcements were on July 9th and June 22nd, respectively. Maybe we’ll see it at Comic-Con. 

5 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

No ones knows for certain. If I had to place my bets on it I would say a book exclusive or another polybag. D2C is strongly believed to be a microscale Hogwarts so he will most likely come in a polybag to tie in with that or a book. But no ones knows for sure

I like the idea of an exclusive poly, something like “Harry, wand shopping”. Book doesn’t feel right. 

44 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

I like the idea of an exclusive poly, something like “Harry, wand shopping”. Book doesn’t feel right. 

Yes, wand shopping poly seems most likely :wink:

I wonder if they used the CMF budget to make things like the niffler, the golden snitch and maybe even the wand. Then used the new moulds to improve the normal sets, if that is the case I believe it is the first time they have done it! Yes, we have seen new CMF moulds in sets, but that is always later not something that is released at the same time as the CMF *oh2* Hope to see more of it in the future, since it improve the sets a lot and help out on the limited new mould budget in the sets :sweet: Way to go Lego :thumbup::thumbup:

21 hours ago, Spencerbuilds said:

So excited for this line. It's been the push I needed to pull me out of a mini dark-age :drool:

I'm going to be passing through Singapore around the 5th August, and I'm thinking I might make a trip to Legoland Malaysia to grab the sets I want - seeing as they probably won't be on shelves in Australia till late August at best judging on past experiences.

I'm wondering, does anyone know if Legoland stores have products on shelves on day of release?

Yeah, normally they do.

9 hours ago, RODDY said:

I know it's more screen accurate but having a stripe run down the leg like that is just weird on a minifig to me. 

So just replace them with plain legs. Hardly a big deal.

It is becoming quite common to have side printing on legs where the source material requires it.

970c00pb541.jpg970c00pb500.png970c00pb586.png970c00pb250.png970c00pb239.png

Just now, MAB said:

It is becoming quite common to have side printing on legs where the source material requires it.

Oh wow, what characters are they all from?

I'm so in love with the sets and the CMF line. Although I'm absolutely fuming that here in the UK we're having to wait until August. It's a UK based movie with mainly british actors and it's also a huge part of britain itself on the book/movie department. I think it's a bit of a joke that Lego has brushed the UK to one side. I've pre-ordered all the sets on amazon, although in UK folks experience, who usually ships first? Amazon or Smyths?

Are these sets flying off the shelves everywhere or just here? I went to Target three consecutive days, first day no HP sets the next day they had a cardboard display set up in the aisle with about sixty assorted sets, then the third day all gone except for a couple of the small spider sets. They were not on sale either full MRSP.  Maybe scalpers are scarfing them up for big bucks. Makes me wonder if these are going to be hard to get, maybe I should have grabbed them when I had the chance. Thing is this Target is kind of out of the way and not one of those huge Super Stores. 

2 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

Are these sets flying off the shelves everywhere or just here? I went to Target three consecutive days, first day no HP sets the next day they had a cardboard display set up in the aisle with about sixty assorted sets, then the third day all gone except for a couple of the small spider sets. They were not on sale either full MRSP.  Maybe scalpers are scarfing them up for big bucks. Makes me wonder if these are going to be hard to get, maybe I should have grabbed them when I had the chance. Thing is this Target is kind of out of the way and not one of those huge Super Stores. 

I get the feeling that these sets are going to go like butterbeer on a wild night at Hogsmeade! Traders advice: BUY NOW! :wink:

Now with pictures of the bag and the box, it's confirmed that this is not labeled as "Series 1"

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Now with pictures of the bag and the box, it's confirmed that this is not labeled as "Series 1"

Is that an issue? Simpsons, Batman - I don't think either was labelled as Series 1 but they both got Series 2. Of course, Disney, Ninjago Movie had the same and didn't get Series 2.

Edited by MAB

Anyone else excited to use Flitwick’s hair piece for a custom Dwight Schrute? Light brown would be better but you work with what you have

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

11 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Yes, wand shopping poly seems most likely :wink:

I wonder if they used the CMF budget to make things like the niffler, the golden snitch and maybe even the wand. Then used the new moulds to improve the normal sets, if that is the case I believe it is the first time they have done it! Yes, we have seen new CMF moulds in sets, but that is always later not something that is released at the same time as the CMF *oh2* Hope to see more of it in the future, since it improve the sets a lot and help out on the limited new mould budget in the sets :sweet: Way to go Lego :thumbup::thumbup:

Surely this is no different to the new parts for the Lego Batman Movie releasing in the sets and CMF series at the same time. 

3 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

Surely this is no different to the new parts for the Lego Batman Movie releasing in the sets and CMF series at the same time. 

Was not aware of that, but I did not pay close attention to the Lego batman movie stuff, except for the lobster and that showed up later in sets :blush:

My Hogwarts Express just arrived via FedEx, now I have all the new system HP sets. Looking forward to the two FB sets and the D2C as well as the CMF series!

After having built the Hogwarts Express set, my only complaint is the dementor’s hands. Why are they light gray??? Why aren’t they black like on the box?? I am switching out those awful light gray hands for black ones right away. Even dark gray would have been ok but light gray?? Awful looking