Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Luna's piece is based off of this item: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/TVFpQplmwu0/maxresdefault.jpg. They sell the glasses at Universal. I know it does not answer as to who it is though.

I wonder if they were deciding between translucent or gray because they couldn't do a mix of both. It's disappointing because I loved the cup from the movie.

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

-Luna's hairpiece is fabulous. Who is the character printed in her tile? That can't be her father.

-The Wizard cup should have been translucent with white printing.

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Some final thoughts

-Trelawney is the best CMF from 2018. Amazing level of detail and molds. 

Sybil Trelawney caught my eye straight away. My god she's beautiful.

If I walk away with just one minifig, it will be hers. What a relief she's not the chase minifig huh.

I just realise the teacup plate is printed too. Nice finish.

One of my disappointments is with the quidditch garb. The quidditch print should look somewhat like CMF Hermione. The leg assembly should have printing as well t for a more robe-like attire instead of tucked in shirts. 

14 minutes ago, summicron said:

One of my disappointments is with the quidditch garb. The quidditch print should look somewhat like CMF Hermione. The leg assembly should have printing as well t for a more robe-like attire instead of tucked in shirts. 

Considering the Quidditch set is only £35/$40, and they included 6 Minifigures and 500 pieces. I guess they wanted to be able to include as many players as they could, but the budget wouldn’t allow for leg printing, and seeing as 2 players have short legs, maybe they physically couldn’t do it. Has there ever been short leg printing before??

Edited by Whovastron

So excited for this line. It's been the push I needed to pull me out of a mini dark-age :drool:

I'm going to be passing through Singapore around the 5th August, and I'm thinking I might make a trip to Legoland Malaysia to grab the sets I want - seeing as they probably won't be on shelves in Australia till late August at best judging on past experiences.

I'm wondering, does anyone know if Legoland stores have products on shelves on day of release?

1 hour ago, Spencerbuilds said:

I'm wondering, does anyone know if Legoland stores have products on shelves on day of release?

Yes; or at least Legoland Billund had the June sets pre-launch on the 31st May. 

5 hours ago, joeee said:

Luna's piece is based off of this item: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/TVFpQplmwu0/maxresdefault.jpg. They sell the glasses at Universal. I know it does not answer as to who it is though.

I wonder if they were deciding between translucent or gray because they couldn't do a mix of both. It's disappointing because I loved the cup from the movie.

Oh thanks. 

These figures look really nice. Sybill Trelawney is a major standout, especially since we never got anything close beforehand, but I'm also inordinately excited about the new briefcase. I'm glad the cheap "folded=hinged" pieces are being replaced. 

The Triwizard Cup is pretty lame, though. 

5 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Considering the Quidditch set is only £35/$40, and they included 6 Minifigures and 500 pieces. I guess they wanted to be able to include as many players as they could, but the budget wouldn’t allow for leg printing, and seeing as 2 players have short legs, maybe they physically couldn’t do it. Has there ever been short leg printing before??

I am fairly sure all short legs are plain/non printed.

59 minutes ago, DungeonsAndFlagons said:

I am fairly sure all short legs are plain/non printed.

There have been short legs with printing on the toes and sides of the leg, but never on the front leg portion. I don't think it would really be possible for them to print continuously down the hip portion and onto the leg and have it look remotely good. There just isn't enough space there to work with.

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

-The Fantastic Beasts minifigures are a waste IMO. What's up with the face of the girl with the new bread. She looks creppy as heck. 

Queenie is not creepy!

I still can’t get my head around what is happening with the Olivander figure.

What is everyone’s consensus on what he comes comes in and how we can get him?

3 hours ago, 8BrickMario said:

These figures look really nice. Sybill Trelawney is a major standout, especially since we never got anything close beforehand, but I'm also inordinately excited about the new briefcase. I'm glad the cheap "folded=hinged" pieces are being replaced. 

I don't know how I missed this.  It is exciting!

I love that Flitwick has the coat tails!!! :iamded_lol: 

As for Cedric, why have the weird side leg printings?

Neville's alt face is awesome, love that figure so much.

And thank god Luna has the glasses, I hate her main face.

3 minutes ago, RODDY said:

As for Cedric, why have the weird side leg printings?

Image result for cedric diggory

Ok so I’m gonna have to get two of some of these CMF. Moody and Graves obviously because each one is really two characters (it’s gonna suck finding two Graves figures, but a quest is a quest!), I’ll get two of Cho so I can use a Ravenclaw torso and black medium legs to make a uniformed Luna out of my 2010 version. I also might try to make a Gryffindor uniform version of Neville using Harry’s torso and legs or maybe I’ll just go with the Gryffindor sweater. I also find it a little weird having a young Seamus and an older Dean (the two are best friends) so I might try to make an older version of Seamus and a younger version of Dean that way I have two different versions of both! I also might get two Kowalski’s because that gray suit might work really well for a custom MCU Justin Hammer

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

7 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Ok so I’m gonna have to get two of some of these CMF. Moody and Graves obviously because each one is really two characters (it’s gonna suck finding two Graves figures, but a quest is a quest!), I’ll get two of Cho so I can use a Ravenclaw torso and black medium legs to make a uniformed Luna out of my 2010 version. I also might try to make a Gryffindor uniform version of Neville using Harry’s torso and legs or maybe I’ll just go with the Gryffindor sweater. I also find it a little weird having a young Seamus and an older Dean (the two are best friends) so I might try to make an older version of Seamus and a younger version of Dean that way I have two different versions of both! I also might get two Kowalski’s because that gray suit might work really well for a custom MCU Justin Hammer

My thoughts are; the sets come with 3 uniform Hermiones, so I’m gonna use the spare hermiones for a regular Dean and Neville.

great idea for Justin Hammer, although there is some “belly” printing

gonna get many multiples of the main 3, for the uniforms, many of Dean for Quidditch spectators. A few chos for ravenclaws like Luna. 

Edited by Whovastron

41 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Ooh, good catch with making Hammer. I haven’t really looked up lately, but I have had it in my mind to get him a suit. 

6 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

There have been short legs with printing on the toes and sides of the leg, but never on the front leg portion. I don't think it would really be possible for them to print continuously down the hip portion and onto the leg and have it look remotely good. There just isn't enough space there to work with.

Agreed there isn't much room to manoeuvre there. Maybe that was another point in the favour of these new 'tween' legs....

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

My thoughts are; the sets come with 3 uniform Hermiones, so I’m gonna use the spare hermiones for a regular Dean and Neville.

gonna get many multiples of the main 3, for the uniforms, many of Dean for Quidditch spectators. A few chos for ravenclaws like Luna. 

I have ordered a box, my first. There are too many options for generic uniforms so I could no resist! 

That cloak is incredible and exactly what I was looking for a picture of! Wish it had a hood though

50 minutes ago, 4nt0n said:

Looks Fantastic!!! You just convinced me to buy another quidditch set :)

Thank you! Let me know how you end up MOCing these please! :)

Just saw invisibility cloak Harry. WOW. I get this feeling the 2010 revival is nothing compared to this years. It just seems LEGO pushed to make every inch and detail look good. They went above and beyond. They did not have to make four Quidditch stands because they only ever had one in a set. They did not have to have a CMF line but they are so awesome to do it! I'm hoping these sell well. My targets now have the cardboard stands up but it is filled with Quidditch sets :( I worry when the shelves aren't sold out and empty.

4 hours ago, Whovastron said:

I agree about Hermione, I’ll probably do the same thing. And yeah I know there’s some chub on Kowalski but I still think it’s the closest match. I’m just so glad we’re getting several different uniforms so we can mix and match at will, it’s fantastic