Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Dammit! Right after Dumbledore, Graves is my most wanted figure...  Getting a Colin Farrel figure, the printed hairpiece, a propper Grindlewald..

Now I'm really thinking about buying a complete box. At least I could use every figure there & the spares would be great gifts.

Anyone know's where to get boxes in Germany and for how much probably?

12 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Graves is the oddest choice for a chase figure. Someone like Voldemort would’ve made more sense. 

I know and it’s frustrating because I will need two of him, one for Graves, one for Grindelwald. Same with Moody though he will be easier to obtain

2 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

$$$

It brings attention to the series and for people who can't feel the bags, entices them to buy a ton of them. I guess the real question is will Lego advertise Graves as a chase or not.

Apart from Mr Gold have they ever openly advertised the 'chase' figure? As in, unless you go searching for box distribution the average person seeing an advert for the series or walking past a box wouldn't know that there is a 'chase' figure or the rarer characters.

Edited by BacktoBricks

There are more photos of some of the minifigures on instagram showing off the medium legs and Moody’s Barty Crouch Jr face.

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Apart from Mr Gold have they ever openly advertised the 'chase' figure? As in, unless you go searching for box distribution the average person seeing an advert for the series or walking past a box wouldn't know that there is a 'chase' figure or the rarer characters.

The Highway Man from Series 17 was advertised as a “mystery” figure but I don’t think the classic policeman was advertised as a chase figure. 

3 minutes ago, Yochip said:

Reddish brown I think.

Ta, good stuff, I don't have that piece in that colour yet :)

21 minutes ago, Yochip said:

There are more photos of some of the minifigures on instagram showing off the medium legs and Moody’s Barty Crouch Jr face.

I really like the Crouch face, I saw a lot of complaints about the tongue but personally I feel like it captures his deranged look very well, with that tongue flick he does

12 hours ago, summicron said:

I'm glad Percival is not on my wanted list.

About invisible cloak Harry ... has anyone seen a picture of it without the cloak covering most of his torso assembly?

I don't think so. But I love that they have him wear his pjs because the Erised scene is very iconic.

3 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

The Barty face looks perfect :laugh:

Whilst is is perfect for that Character, darn is it annoying it can’t be used for a purist 10th Doctor!

Edited by Whovastron

1 hour ago, joeee said:

I don't think so. But I love that they have him wear his pjs because the Erised scene is very iconic.

Only problem, he doesn't wear the pjs on the mirror in the great Hall set. But I actually thought he wore something red in both scenes.

15 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Sometimes I just don't get TLG

Why would they include a chase minifigure here? At least with Mr Gold and the 1978 Cop there was an explanation; there were special milestone minifigures

But here is seems it's just for the sake of it. 

The first rumored distribution (3 Harry Potter series and 2 Fantastic Beasts series) was orders of magnitude better than this

I agree 100%. This is disappointing. Previously they seemed to cater the distributions so that people could have a better chance at getting the figs they wanted. Now it looks like they are just trying to exploit collectability... :hmpf_bad:

Like others I am now considering getting myself a box, because I have had hell trying to find a policeman and I don't want to have to go through this again!

Brickset mentioned posting a full review of the CMF soon, so like usually; pictures are already on their flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/brickset/with/42438180914/

Awesome minifigs. Love Cedric, Dumbledore, Moody/Barty and Dobby. The mug and plate from Trelawney is cool.

Voldemort is extremely plain and boring. Luna's 2nd face is basically the same as the previous one, but the hair is nice.

EDIT: nvm just checked old luna and the specs from the new one are definitely much more detailed and less funny-looking

Edited by Otherworld

All I want to see is the reverse patterned side of the Invisibility Cloak, but of course their pictures had to exclude that crucial shot :hmpf_bad:

Just now, Otherworld said:

Voldemort is extremely plain and boring. 

I mean, what exactly do you want out of a Voldemort fig? The likeness is much better than the last one and Nagini is both awesome and overdue 

2 minutes ago, Ultron said:

I mean, what exactly do you want out of a Voldemort fig? The likeness is much better than the last one and Nagini is both awesome and overdue 

Yeah Nagini is long overdue, but I prefer the Voldemort from 2010, each to their own.

20 hours ago, Roebuck said:

As long as it is never a fig I want more than one of, I do not care if they put a chase fig in future series (as long as it is in every box)..

Indeed.  It should always be the least desirable minifigure.

19 hours ago, summicron said:

Same, but he is a cool minifigure.  I love the hairpiece, pity it will have an artificially inflated rarity and value...

Edited by x105Black

20 hours ago, summicron said:

About invisible cloak Harry ... has anyone seen a picture of it without the cloak covering most of his torso assembly?

There is a picture of it up on instagram.  It’s not letting me attach a pic or I would. 

Michael_bricks_vol.7

Great pics. Thanks for sharing the link.

Some final thoughts

-Trelawney is the best CMF from 2018. Amazing level of detail and molds. 

-Luna's hairpiece is fabulous. Who is the character printed in her tile? That can't be her father.

-Barty's legs printing is so complex. Love his Barty face.

-The Wizard cup should have been translucent with white printing.

-Nagini still looks odd. Doesn't look like LEGO

-Voldemort could have been done with a new hood, like the night when he killed Lily and James. That way, he would have been more interesting. 

-Love how different are the proportions on both Harrys faces to make him look older/younger.

-Cho's skirt tho

-The Fantastic Beasts minifigures are a waste IMO. What's up with the face of the girl with the new bread. She looks creppy as heck.