Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, AmperZand said:

Has @WhiteFang reviewed the the HP/FB CMFs yet? I love Fangy's CMF reviews. :wub:

Not yet as it’s still on the way. :wink: 

5 hours ago, Jern92 said:

NZ peeps, CMF available at Toyworld Albany.

"Apology to Harry Potter fans. We posted earlier today that Harry Potter minifigures were in store and available to be sold. Unfortunately LEGO delivered the stock early in error and we are not permitted to sell the stock before the embargo date which is 1st August. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience and hope to see you on 1st August when the stock will definitely be available."

At least it confirms that they are out 1st of august :wink:

Just now, Roebuck said:

"Apology to Harry Potter fans. We posted earlier today that Harry Potter minifigures were in store and available to be sold. Unfortunately LEGO delivered the stock early in error and we are not permitted to sell the stock before the embargo date which is 1st August. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience and hope to see you on 1st August when the stock will definitely be available."

At least it confirms that they are out 1st of august :wink:

LOL I was wondering why they were out early. I specifically asked the staff if we were allowed to buy them, and the staff said yes. Wonder if anyone was lucky enough to pick up a few before they realised their mistake.

Well at least we in NZ know they're in the Country.

Looking forward to August the 1st now.:classic:

Edited by Koori
spell check

Could we expect a Young Dumbledore polybag closer to the release of fantastic beasts and where to find them as I feel he is too much of an important minifigure to miss out.

8 minutes ago, LegoLord54 said:

Could we expect a Young Dumbledore polybag closer to the release of fantastic beasts and where to find them as I feel he is too much of an important minifigure to miss out.

Well even if he doesn’t come with this wave, he’s bound to be in future films so we’ll likely get him eventually

On 7/4/2018 at 12:11 PM, RyanMe said:

Has anyone built  the whomping willow set?  How did you get the flower stems to stay in the tree?

I’ve heard this is a consistent issue with the set design. Moving the branches causes them to fall out randomly.

6 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Well even if he doesn’t come with this wave, he’s bound to be in future films so we’ll likely get him eventually

There will be another wave of sets for this fall's film. Probably close to the films release. The sets August 1st are just 1 set to encompass the first FB and 1 set as a teaser for 2nd FB. There is no way they went to the trouble to relaunch the "Wizarding World" to make only 1 set for a new movie in that theme. 

24 minutes ago, Vorkosigan said:

There will be another wave of sets for this fall's film. Probably close to the films release. The sets August 1st are just 1 set to encompass the first FB and 1 set as a teaser for 2nd FB. There is no way they went to the trouble to relaunch the "Wizarding World" to make only 1 set for a new movie in that theme. 

Wow thanks for the leak.  All the big names missed this one!

23 minutes ago, Vorkosigan said:

There's no way there's gonna be another wave this year, we would know about it if that was the case :wink: I'd expect a second wave in January at the earliest; still close to the release date of the movie and less spoiler-y :grin:

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

There's no way there's gonna be another wave this year, we would know about it if that was the case :wink: I'd expect a second wave in January at the earliest; still close to the release date of the movie and less spoiler-y :grin:

Lego doesn’t care about spoilers (Giant Man in Civil War airport set, Banner in Hulkbuster in IW set etc) not saying you’re wrong, but mentioning spoilers doesn’t prove anything ?

40 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

Wow thanks for the leak.  All the big names missed this one!

It is not a leak, I don't have inside info. Just analysis of the situation. 

39 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Probably we would know by now, but I wouldn't count this year out completely. January is the latest we should see another wave. I don't think anyone needs to worry that we won't get an official young Dumbledore in a widely available set. 

I JUST FOUND THE SETS!!!! I'm still missing the Express but I have it on backorder. I visited this particular Target on Sunday and had nothing but had everything set up today. Some of the targets are taking their time putting stuff out, check them out if you need the sets.

Edited by RODDY

UK PEEPS!!!

Argos have the sets listed online. They currently say August 1st is the release date, but it might be worth keeping an eye out as in the past they've started selling sets early.

It seems this is the box distribution

Harry Potter:

3 – Harry Potter (Hogwarts Uniform)
3 – Hermione Granger
3 – Ron Weasley
3 – Draco Malfoy
3 – Neville Longbottom
3 – Cho Chang
3 – Dean Thomas
3 – Lord Voldemort
3 – Dobby
3 – Cedric Diggory
3 – Filius Flitwick
3 – Mad-Eye Moody
3 – Albus Dumbledore
2 – Luna Lovegood
2 – Sybil Trelawney
2 – Harry Potter (Invisibility Cloak)

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them:

3 – Newt Scamander
3 – Porpentina Goldstein
3 – Jacob Kowalski
3 – Queenie Goldstein
2 – Credence Barebone
1 – Percival Graves

So, Percival Graves is the chase minifigure. Only 1 per box, like the 1978 cop in Series 18

Source: https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-wizarding-world-harry-potter-collectible-minifigures-71022-reported-minifigure-breakdown/

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Graves is the oddest choice for a chase figure. Someone like Voldemort would’ve made more sense. 

Thankfully it is not Voldemort since I need several of the new sneaks :blush: All the other with animals have 3 per box so that is great, those are the ones I need several of, only need one of each of the rest :tongue:

As long as it is never a fig I want more than one of, I do not care if they put a chase fig in future series (as long as it is in every box)..

I think Harry with invisibility cloak would be the most obvious choice, or if they chose the most plain fig as in series 18 Credence would be the natural one to pick :shrug_oh_well:

I'm glad Percival is not on my wanted list.

About invisible cloak Harry ... has anyone seen a picture of it without the cloak covering most of his torso assembly?

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Graves is the oddest choice for a chase figure. Someone like Voldemort would’ve made more sense. 

Sometimes I just don't get TLG

Why would they include a chase minifigure here? At least with Mr Gold and the 1978 Cop there was an explanation; there were special milestone minifigures

But here is seems it's just for the sake of it. 

The first rumored distribution (3 Harry Potter series and 2 Fantastic Beasts series) was orders of magnitude better than this

Edited by Robert8

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Why would they include a chase minifigure here? At least with Mr Gold and the 1978 Cop there was an explanation; there were special milestone minifigures

$$$

It brings attention to the series and for people who can't feel the bags, entices them to buy a ton of them. I guess the real question is will Lego advertise Graves as a chase or not.