Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Does anyone know where to get the sets and the upcoming CMFs in Vancouver, CA (besides the lego store)? I forgot there are no target stores in Canada :tongue:

22 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Does anyone know where to get the sets and the upcoming CMFs in Vancouver, CA (besides the lego store)? I forgot there are no target stores in Canada :tongue:

They aren’t released until August  1st there

1 hour ago, LegoLord54 said:

Do we have a release date yet for the CMFs yet?

August 1st

There is a picture on instagram where it says the price for 71043 is 499,99 euro and expected in stock 1 of August not sure if that is correct :shrug_oh_well:

Edit: found the page and they say:

"LEGO 71043 Hogwarts Castle. Exact price and delivery time unknown!"

So nevermind:hmpf:

https://www.brickshop.nl/lego/lego-harry-potter/lego-71043-hogwarts-castle.html?Itemid=98

Edited by Roebuck
New info

55 minutes ago, Winkerbean said:

Any uk'ers i can confirm that the minifigures will be £3.99 in the UK

Urgh, another £1 price hike on the minifigs?

I guess that means I won't be buying them at that price point. 

I don’t believe that until I see it. Forbidden planet has them at pre-order for £2.99 and they always stock Lego at the market price. Where did you get £3.99 from? Also, I don’t think they’d sell as well. 

I work for a large retailer and we have them on our warehouse system at £3.99

Edited by Winkerbean

I doubt it. On ebay there are quite a few pre-orders for boxes at about £200 (pre-orders are nearly always RRP+).  If they were £3.99 each, the pre-order price for a box would be £240+.

54 minutes ago, rakky said:

I don’t believe that until I see it. Forbidden planet has them at pre-order for £2.99 and they always stock Lego at the market price. Where did you get £3.99 from? Also, I don’t think they’d sell as well. 

They’ve been $3.99 in the US for years and sell just fine

When they were £1.99 it was a great price. £2.99 was hard to justify for some of them. At £3.99 it's just absurd for a single minifigure. 

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

$3.99 is not the same as £3.99. They may well sell just fine in America, but considering they were only £1.99 a couple of years ago people will not want to pay twice as much. 

The currency sign in front of the number makes a difference.

2 hours ago, Winkerbean said:

Any uk'ers i can confirm that the minifigures will be £3.99 in the UK

I’m fairly certain that in the press release it said £2.99 for the U.K. 

1 hour ago, nikhkin said:

$3.99 is not the same as £3.99. They may well sell just fine in America, but considering they were only £1.99 a couple of years ago people will not want to pay twice as much. 

1 hour ago, MAB said:

The currency sign in front of the number makes a difference.

Yeah $3.99 is more than £3.99...

It really isn't. You should look into the current currency exchange rates.

$3.99 is only about £3.02 at present, and paying £3.99 in the UK is the equivalent of paying $5.27 in the US.

Even accounting for tax, the price of £3.99 is more than $3.99

2 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Believe what you want.

So it looks like 71043 is going to be a micro scale set from what I can see on the internet. I have seen what appears to be micro figures for the set, not confirmed but I have seen them. Plus it does not make sense to have a giant 6000+ piece Hogwarts Castle when you already have two pieces in the Great Hall and Womping Willow sets. It makes more sense to sell minifig scale Hogwarts Castle in seperate sets to breakdown the cost and piece count. I just can't see LEGO bringing out two mining scale sets with a Great Hall or a Hogwarts Castle without a Great Hall. So my money is on 71043 being a micro scale set.

Just now, DungeonsAndFlagons said:

So it looks like 71043 is going to be a micro scale set from what I can see on the internet. I have seen what appears to be micro figures for the set, not confirmed but I have seen them. Plus it does not make sense to have a giant 6000+ piece Hogwarts Castle when you already have two pieces in the Great Hall and Womping Willow sets. It makes more sense to sell minifig scale Hogwarts Castle in seperate sets to breakdown the cost and piece count. I just can't see LEGO bringing out two mining scale sets with a Great Hall or a Hogwarts Castle without a Great Hall. So my money is on 71043 being a micro scale set.

Yeah, 71043 will definitely be micro scale. Question is, with 6000+ pieces, many of them probably very small, how big could it be? Is there a chart somewhere that shows the scale of the castle compared to a person? If it's in true scale with the microfigures, maybe a scale chart would be of help.

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

See point already made by nikhkin but in my current reality, $5.27 is definitely significantly greater than $3.99.

Edited by Friscorays

4 hours ago, nikhkin said:

It really isn't. You should look into the current currency exchange rates.

$3.99 is only about £3.02 at present, and paying £3.99 in the UK is the equivalent of paying $5.27 in the US.

Even accounting for tax, the price of £3.99 is more than $3.99

4 hours ago, MAB said:

Believe what you want.

1 hour ago, Friscorays said:

See point already made by nikhkin but in my current reality, $5.27 is definitely significantly greater than $3.99.

My mistake. I miscalculated in my conversion, that’s on me. Sorry for stepping on some toes, wasn’t my intent

7 minutes ago, Jern92 said:

NZ peeps, CMF available at Toyworld Albany.

How much for a box, Jern? I wonder if Palmy Toyworld will have them?

1 minute ago, sunhuntin said:

How much for a box, Jern? I wonder if Palmy Toyworld will have them?

I'm not sure, presumably 60 X $5.99?

I haven't been there to check it out yet. Just saw the store post about it on Facebook.