Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

20 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

And we’ll probably be on back order and waiting till September. 

I ordered the Great Hall and The Quidditch match a few days ago, it might have even been the day that LEGO put the sets up on Lego.com, and all of the Harry Potter sets, except for the Brickheads, were on backorder. They said it would take about a month but idk

7 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

True, dreadlocks in lego is long overdue

That's Dean Thomas, not Lee Jordan. Jordan hasn't been made into minifig form yet, though he'd be a good candidate for a wave 2 CMF with a new hairpiece and some sort of announcers microphone.

When can we expect the D2C to be revealed? The Disney Castle was a September 1st release with mid-August VIP access (same as Hogwarts) and I believe it was revealed on July 9th. Maybe it’ll be revealed at Comic-Con...

Has anyone built  the whomping willow set?  How did you get the flower stems to stay in the tree?

26 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

When can we expect the D2C to be revealed? The Disney Castle was a September 1st release with mid-August VIP access (same as Hogwarts) and I believe it was revealed on July 9th. Maybe it’ll be revealed at Comic-Con...

I think SDCC is a very hot candidate now, unsure if there are any other big Lego events between now and 15th of august? Not that it must be for a reveal to happen, but the chance definitely increases.. To play the devil's advocate, what's speaks against SDCC is maybe that non of the give-aways are HP related as far as I have seen:shrug_oh_well: Not that I want there to be any exclusive figs there out of reach for most people, but if they are bringing out the big gun some related giveaway is not unlikely to follow at that location :classic:  

8 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

Has anyone built  the whomping willow set?  How did you get the flower stems to stay in the tree?

That was one issue Jang pointed out on his review. I'm in the UK so don't have the set yet, but I'm not sure there is a fix from looking at it. 

26 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

I found somewhat of a solution for this. I had some spare technic half pins that I plugged into the holes on the branches. The flower stems hold on better in the pins. Not a perfect solution since I only had them in blue, but it’s better than the stems constantly falling off.

This is probably a lame answer....but the amount of leaves that fall from the Whomping Willow in Azkaban, the falling flower stems for our lego set fits with the movie adaptation.

5 minutes ago, joeee said:

This is probably a lame answer....but the amount of leaves that fall from the Whomping Willow in Azkaban, the falling flower stems for our lego set fits with the movie adaptation.

:laugh_hard:best review ever.

22 minutes ago, joeee said:

:laugh_hard::laugh_hard::laugh_hard:  I’m sure that’s what the designers had in mind. 

1 hour ago, newwavejunkie said:

I found somewhat of a solution for this. I had some spare technic half pins that I plugged into the holes on the branches. The flower stems hold on better in the pins. Not a perfect solution since I only had them in blue, but it’s better than the stems constantly falling off.

I was thinking of that but opted to just leave them off for now. 

2 hours ago, RyanMe said:

I left them off because they’re impossible to keep in. I’m amazed that that design choice made it into the actual set because if you so much as breathe on the Willow, the stems fall off. I don’t understand why they didn’t just include 4 Technic half pins or even 4 brown studs with a hole in them to hold the stems in place. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

3 hours ago, RyanMe said:

I used brown studs with the hole in the middle. Stuck the stud in the hole where the stem goes then out the stem in the stud. 

1 hour ago, joeee said:

That’s an interesting perspective. I’d love to know if that’s what the designer had in mind. That’d be hilariously frustrating if true. 

Built the Hogwarts Express and put it on LEGO train track along with the King's Cross Station (powered by a passenger car, engine is still stock).   Would you believe the Train will not go under the bridge as built in the Instructions? Yep! There is a black smoke stack that is 1/3 brick too tall and hits the underside of the bridge.  Fortunately this smoke stack sits on a round 2x2 piece that can be removed to solve the issue... Cannot believe this was released like this by LEGO...

Just now, scatmanjack said:

Built the Hogwarts Express and put it on LEGO train track along with the King's Cross Station (powered by a passenger car, engine is still stock).   Would you believe the Train will not go under the bridge as built in the Instructions? Yep! There is a black smoke stack that is 1/3 brick too tall and hits the underside of the bridge.  Fortunately this smoke stack sits on a round 2x2 piece that can be removed to solve the issue... Cannot believe this was released like this by LEGO...

Well, Lego didn’t the release the set with track or advertise to put it on track. Removing one piece isn’t that hard, it’s not a major issue like the stems that can’t stay in the Whomping Willow. 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Well, Lego didn’t the release the set with track or advertise to put it on track. Removing one piece isn’t that hard, it’s not a major issue like the stems that can’t stay in the Whomping Willow. 

glad I'm not the only one thinking that exact same thing, they didn't release it to fit under with the track as it wasn't released with a track, thus Lego probably put the removable piece in for anyone that wanted to put it on the track so that it wouldn't require masses of modifications to change the height of the smoke stack

Seeing as the D2C will most likely be revealed sometime between now and SDCC, I’m honestly shocked we haven’t gotten more leaks from it

2 hours ago, scatmanjack said:

If you are raising the train by the height of track, you should also raise the station by the same amount.

I placed my Hogwarts Express on the tracks from the newest track set (60205) and it’s had no problem passing under the archway even without the 2x2 black plate removed. 

Sorry if it's been stated, but I don't recall seeing it stated for sure so do the Fantastic Beasts sets release Aug 1? 

3 hours ago, scatmanjack said:

I’m wondering...what did you change? Because I just put track with King’s Cross & the Express passes under it fine. 

If the new Luna’s legs are the medium legs, they’d be perfect for a more accurate Lex Murphy from Jurassic Park!

My local Target finally got the new sets in stock, so I just bought the Aragog's Lair set, and it is definitely fun to play around with.  The Aragog build is great, the tree build is decent, Harry and Ron look very accurate, and getting 5 spiders in such a small set is a very nice surprise.  The only other thing I wish LEGO would've included in this set is Fang, but otherwise I'm very satisfied with this as my first Harry Potter set in 7 years.   I certainly wouldn't mind seeing more Harry Potter sets released at this price point if they do more waves.

Edited by spiderfan2000

7 hours ago, Ultron said:

Sorry if it's been stated, but I don't recall seeing it stated for sure so do the Fantastic Beasts sets release Aug 1? 

They do indeed, where I work has a list of all the sets and they all say “available for purchase August 1st”

I just went to Smyths and they let me preorder all the HP sets!!

They said that they might have them in before August 1st!!!