Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

I can't believe how quickly they sold out. I had just made time to go pick them up just now at the lego store and all but Aragog sold out... I think there is no doubt the series will continue on but since the next shipment isn't till Aug 1, I'll be waiting with the UK people very patiently.

1 hour ago, RODDY said:

I can't believe how quickly they sold out. I had just made time to go pick them up just now at the lego store and all but Aragog sold out... I think there is no doubt the series will continue on but since the next shipment isn't till Aug 1, I'll be waiting with the UK people very patiently.

And we’ll probably be on back order and waiting till September. 

I think i'm gonna bite the bullet and get the great hall, out of all the sets I only really like the castle builds, still unsure but I deff want to make up my mind before the 2x VIP points expires. I'm also waiting for Newt's suitcase; any idea on price?

OT: But is there a thread on here that lists the upcoming/rumored sets for like aug, sept, etc.? 

34 minutes ago, Freakshow said:

OT: But is there a thread on here that lists the upcoming/rumored sets for like aug, sept, etc.? 

Care to take a look around? This is not, I dare say, the Hogwarts botanical gardens. Have you any idea where you are? Where you truly are? Welcome to the deceptively verdant thread on Harry Potter 2018 rumors and discussion. Oh, I am so happy for you! My, what a burden to have carried. But you've done it! You've found the Harry Potter 2018 rumors and discussion thread O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay. Well the only rumors we've got are about something that contains the wand making wizard and for upcoming sets we have the collectable minifigure series and the d2c.

71022-23.jpg?201807020327

Isn't it simply miraculous! We haven't got pictures for the d2c but why ruin the surprise? It will set you back multiple hundreds though so I myself won't be worrying about it if it doesn't have a minifig scale interior, afterall the interior of hogwarts is much more important to the story than the outside, at least I think so. 

Edited by Agent Kallus

18 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Care to take a look around? This is not, I dare say, the Hogwarts botanical gardens. Have you any idea where you are? Where you truly are? Welcome to the deceptively verdant thread on Harry Potter 2018 rumors and discussion. Oh, I am so happy for you! My, what a burden to have carried. But you've done it! You've found the Harry Potter 2018 rumors and discussion thread O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay. Well the only rumors we've got are about something that contains the wand making wizard and for upcoming sets we have the collectable minifigure series and the d2c.

71022-23.jpg?201807020327

Isn't it simply miraculous! We haven't got pictures for the d2c but why ruin the surprise? It will set you back multiple hundreds though so I myself won't be worrying about it if it doesn't have a minifig scale interior, afterall the interior of hogwarts is much more important to the story than the outside, at least I think so. 

Alright my post was poorly worded but your post could've done without the cocky/condescending tone.

I meant all lego themes upcoming released, hence the OT.

Just now, Freakshow said:

Alright my post was poorly worded but your post could've done without the cocky/condescending tone.

I meant all lego themes upcoming released, hence the OT.

Don’t take it personally, up until recently I’ve been a lurker, and reading through here I’ve noticed they can be a bit condescending, I doubt it’s on purpose, but some people need to think before they post

1 hour ago, Freakshow said:

The first post of each “Year” thread often/should have that information. :thumbup:

Rumors are not listed there however; and there is no singular tread that encompasses all themes for the year—each theme has its own specific post/thread. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

The first post of each “Year” thread often/should have that information. :thumbup:

Rumors are not listed there however; and there is no singular tread that encompasses all themes for the year—each theme has its own specific post/thread. 

Awesome thank you! 

I'm starting to lose my patience store hunting so I just put a backorder on Willow, Hall, and Express. I checked 3 targets and nothing. Says July 16 it ships. Are Lego pretty good in keeping to backorder dates?

11 minutes ago, RODDY said:

I'm starting to lose my patience store hunting so I just put a backorder on Willow, Hall, and Express. I checked 3 targets and nothing. Says July 16 it ships. Are Lego pretty good in keeping to backorder dates?

I don't know about the US, but in the UK I tend to find that backorders ship sooner than stated.

33 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I don't know about the US, but in the UK I tend to find that backorders ship sooner than stated.

Well that's marvelous news! I didn't mind waiting two more weeks but sooner works too. Thank you.

25 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Well that's marvelous news! I didn't mind waiting two more weeks but sooner works too. Thank you.

In my experience, the same generally goes for the US. Ive always gotten  backorders sooner than expected 

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

In my experience, the same generally goes for the US. Ive always gotten  backorders sooner than expected 

Wonderful! Thanks for the info. 

7 hours ago, RODDY said:

No problem. Hope you get them sooner rather than later :)

If you search at Target, the sets might not be at the LEGO aisle as you would expect. My local Target says not in stock when I searched online, and I couldn't physically find the sets in the LEGO aisle. But, lo and behold, they were near the cashiers! Only saw the Great Hall and Quidditch sets.

Anyone can explain me why the french price of the sets are the most expensive? Why  must we pay more euros? We are more expensive than italia for a few sets for example!

Any designer can explain me this politacal of the price?

On 27 juni 2018 at 2:48 PM, Seaber said:

This wave is great except for one thing - Lee Jordan doesn't have dreadlocks! Maybe the figure is actually based on Dean Thomas? 

True, dreadlocks in lego is long overdue

2 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

Anyone can explain me why the french price of the sets are the most expensive? Why  must we pay more euros? We are more expensive than italia for a few sets for example!

They are a bit higher than some, but there are European prices that are higher than French.

On the Dutch site all the sets are the same except for the hogwarts express, ours is more expensive. and I don't know why that is

We get to pay almost the double in Mexico :-) Not even the certified LEGO store has cheaper prices lmao.

4 hours ago, dragonk1ng said:

If you search at Target, the sets might not be at the LEGO aisle as you would expect. My local Target says not in stock when I searched online, and I couldn't physically find the sets in the LEGO aisle. But, lo and behold, they were near the cashiers! Only saw the Great Hall and Quidditch sets.

Oh no don't tell me that. :pir-murder: That's why when I looked on the shelves there was no price tags. My heart tells me to go back hunting my mind tells me not.  Now brickseek has them in stock....

Edited by RODDY

1 hour ago, War of the Bas said:

On the Dutch site all the sets are the same except for the hogwarts express, ours is more expensive. and I don't know why that is

Lego wants me to commit murder on my wallet. I'm not sure if I can do it...:laugh_hard: Seems I have to keep saving my money for a while.

It works that I don't really have money to spend on Lego right now. It forces me to buy these later and wait for some discounts. Nonetheless I'm jealous of all of you that have already gotten your hands on these sets!

I’m so excited for the Michael Gambon Dumbledore. I really hoped we would get both versions but my hopes weren’t very high. However, Lego has surprised me yet again! Love the Richard Harris version but Michael Gambon is Dumbledore considering he’s in it for much longer (despite some unfortunate inaccurate moments which is due to the writers and not the actor)