Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

9 minutes ago, BigHobbit said:

No backorder message for me so fingers crossed. Happy hunting to all on both sides of the water.

Thanks! Hope everything goes well for you?

1 hour ago, Ultron said:

Not an entirely necessary opinion to share here..

Anyone who knows me, knows I hang out in the licensed thread, i was explaining my lack of presence here. Also read the rest of the post, thanks :thumbup:

6 hours ago, Foxes Productionz said:

While Draco is the only one with it cloth cape, it would seem that you are right! It’d be good if they continue using those capes.

I hope so!

What’s going on with the Hogwarts Express is really odd. Has anyone found it in a physical Lego store? Also, will I 100% get double VIP points even on backordered items?

1 minute ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

What’s going on with the Hogwarts Express is really odd. Has anyone found it in a physical Lego store? Also, will I 100% get double VIP points even on backordered items?

Just bought the Hogwarts Express and the rest of the sets at the LEGO store!

At least where I’m at the LEGO store was very prepared, they even had all the sets at the register for those buying all the sets.

I got the Hogwarts express at Lego store. Also I’m 95% sure the Hogwarts microscale Set is coming August 15-31 for vips official release date is September 1st 

I got to Target when they opened and they only had one of each of Whomping Willow and Great Hall, two of Quidditch Match, and two cases full of Aragog’s Lair. No Hogwarts Express but they said they’re expecting more sets tomorrow so fingers crossed! Just missing the one!

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

I really hope we can expect some reviews soon. I want to know what's up with McGonagall's face.

If you give me 20 minutes I can tell you

I got Harry & Hedgwig from Argos. Still DISGUSTED that the sets aren’t out in the U.K. I want an explanation as to why, didn’t anyone at the U.K. event get one?

So happy you guys are seeing the Hogwarts Express at the lego store. Hopefully I can snatch one tomorrow as it's the set I want most. 

I gave up and found a Lego store around here (I’m on vacation) and picked up all the sets. I’ll just see if I can cancel my online order. I got there 3 minutes after opening and most of the sets were already gone. 

Been quietly following this thread for months! Today is finally the day!

My partner and I are going to be hitting up our local LEGO store in San Francisco when they open in the next hour or so. Can’t wait!

Will defo follow up with some photos, like others have mentioned.

Happy hunting!

Edited by Dylobs

16 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

I got Harry & Hedgwig from Argos. Still DISGUSTED that the sets aren’t out in the U.K. I want an explanation as to why, didn’t anyone at the U.K. event get one?

I am also British, also annoyed about them not coming in July over here, however what I do know, is that ranting about it on this forum isn’t going to change anything, so I reckon we get over it and just look forward to August 1st

2 minutes ago, The Dangerous HC said:

I am also British, also annoyed about them not coming in July over here, however what I do know, is that ranting about it on this forum isn’t going to change anything, so I reckon we get over it and just look forward to August 1st

It’s still not against any rules to express distaste at it. I know a lot of the time the U.K. get things first (summer Superheroes waves, Ninjago City socks etc.) but something about the fact that Harry Potter is a British franchise through and through doesn’t sit right with me. I would have thought there’d be a launching event at Leicester Square or something

6 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

It’s still not against any rules to express distaste at it. I know a lot of the time the U.K. get things first (summer Superheroes waves, Ninjago City socks etc.) but something about the fact that Harry Potter is a British franchise through and through doesn’t sit right with me. I would have thought there’d be a launching event at Leicester Square or something

I understand that, and I’m not against people saying it once, but constantly going on and on is incredibly annoying, especially being an annoyed Brit, seeing people like this just throwing a tantrum gives us a bad wrap...

I’ll say it again in case anyone missed it- I am disgusted by the fact that the Lego sets aren’t out in the U.K. and I’ll be writing to Lego.

Unrelated but are there any other HP collectors (not just Lego)? The new Mattel dolls based on CoS are AMAZING and I’ve orderd them Smyths. They’re also at Target in the US.

23 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

I’ll say it again in case anyone missed it- I am disgusted by the fact that the Lego sets aren’t out in the U.K. and I’ll be writing to Lego.

Unrelated but are there any other HP collectors (not just Lego)? The new Mattel dolls based on CoS are AMAZING and I’ve orderd them Smyths. They’re also at Target in the US.

1st August was always the release date for the sets. It's not like it has been delayed or we are getting it any later than we originally expected. A deal in America just led to the sets being available a bit early there. At the end of the day, Lego will take the deal (which presumably involved them getting paid) over mildly annoying a relatively small number of people (most people are likely going to be unaware this even happened) since they know we'll all still be buying the sets. Nobody will boycott the product over another market getting a product 31 days before them. 

If they'd actively delayed the release in the UK, it would be a different situation. 

6 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

I might order the great hall from eBay but it will add on like 50% in shipping. I just hope it’s a real set.

Is it really worth it to pay more than the RRP, plus whatever you get hit with in terms of customs and excise?

15 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

I might order the great hall from eBay but it will add on like 50% in shipping. I just hope it’s a real set.

Depends, Are you in the U.K or Europe, like me! If you are you should just wait I mean they'll probably start appearing there in 2-3 weeks & you don't want to be paying extra when you could put that money towards another set! 

If you are in the U.S then just go a Lego Shop or Target stores!

Edited by Duffyoran

9 hours ago, The Dangerous HC said:

Moody has a 2nd face, it’s Barty Crouch Jr’s face, I’m personally hoping Luna has a 2nd face with the glasses on

YES!!! One step closer to a purist David Tennant Doctor minifig!

1 minute ago, GeekByKnight said:

YES!!! One step closer to a purist David Tennant Doctor minifig!

My personal hope will probably screw over your hopes of DT Doctor, I’m hoping for a tongue face print as that is BCJr’s defining feature

I’m happy to report a successful trip to my LEGO Store. I picked up the entire line including the Hogwarts Express and the BrickHeadz. They only had 3 each of the Hermione and Ron/Dumbledore BrickHeadz but I was lucky enough to snag one. The manager randomly asked if I cared about the condition of the box for the Hogwarts Express. When I said no, he offered me 100 extra VIP points to exchange my pristine box for a slightly dented one. I jumped on at that opportunity!

I’m happy for everyone who has them but I’m really upset I can’t get them yet. My birthday is the 18th so I wanted my parents to buy me Whomping Willow and Great Hall, but I guess I’m going to have to make do with the brick heads and the Mattel dolls. I really wanted to have the Lego I’ve waited for for 8 years to build on my birthday. :(

So August first will be a busy and expensive day getting all the sets and the figures at once.

27 minutes ago, Duffyoran said:

Depends, Are you in the U.K or Europe, like me! If you are you should just wait I mean they'll probably start appearing there in 2-3 weeks & you don't want to be paying extra when you could put that money towards another set! 

If you are in the U.S then just go a Lego Shop or Target stores!

I’m in the U.K. so I hope you’re right and they show up early. I’m going to keep my fingers crossed at least great Hall comes out before my birthday. I’ll ring the Lego store and ask just to be on the safe side. Maybe they’ll do an early access.