Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

I doubt LEGO has any interest in playing these kinds of games. More likely the products are registered in the database with an available for purchase from date, but stock is still registered as zero for whatever reason -> directly to backordered.

I do think the sets will be extremely popular though, and it is a really strong lineup. Impossible to say if LEGO has correctly estimated demand or not, and we know from the first Jurassic World wave and the UCS MF that if they misjudged demand it might take a while for the sets to be back on the shelves. If it was important to me to get the sets early I would not take any chances.

19 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I'm not sure it is true sales. I was on the UK S@H site at midnight and all the new Brickheadz - HP, Frozen, SW etc - said coming 1st July. Refreshed a second later and they all said on Backorder will ship 2nd July. I highly doubt all the Brickheadz would have sold that much in seconds in the middle of the night; it seems like a sales technique to me to make it seem like they sold fast.

Maybe Lego really isn't releasing the sets before August 1st apart from at Target and this is a way for them to gage interest / increase scaremongering that they will sell out really quick. I hate to have to say it, but going on the above ...

I got the two sets I wanted through US site... hall and willow. Those two disappeared first within ten minutes. Quidditch lasted about 25 minutes. But they were indeed available until sellout.

13 minutes ago, Robianco said:

I can't find any listing for a Wizarding World or HP theme on the Lego S@H site

You have to search for "Harry Potter". The sets are there, they just haven't unlocked the theme in the main menu yet. 

They are listed on shop at home for me, but "coming soon" august 1st.

42 minutes ago, BigHobbit said:

I got the two sets I wanted through US site... hall and willow. Those two disappeared first within ten minutes. Quidditch lasted about 25 minutes. But they were indeed available until sellout.

Well done. Happy building! Good to know they were actually available at some point to buy. There will be some happy people at least. I shall await August 1st and hope I am as fortunate :)

All the Hp & Fb Lego sets & BrickHeadz are on the Smyths website. It says that the will be expected instock from 01 August to the 04 August. The Brickheadz are avalible as of today and are on the Argos website aswell

43126032421_e3a6eec0a4_o.jpg

Was it WHS-Smiths where people were finding the Quiditch set? (in the Kingdom)

Edited by Agent Kallus

51 minutes ago, Duffyoran said:

All the Hp & Fb Lego sets & BrickHeadz are on the Smyths website. It says that the will be expected instock from 01 August to the 04 August. The Brickheadz are avalible as of today and are on the Argos website aswell

I can only find Harry and Hedwig on Argos, are the others there too??

3 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I can only find Harry and Hedwig on Argos, are the others there too??

They aren’t, we also don’t have them on our system so it’s looking like we won’t be getting them, apologies for any confusion

Not particularly surprising, considering the earlier statements of their availability. Although it is strange that Target apparently has exclusivity rights to at least some of the sets for (presumably) the month of July. I don't ever remember that happening before. 

But on the plus side for those in the US...you can order them through Target! Now I just gotta wait for mine to open so I can go pick them up! :excited: 

Alternative conspiracy theory: Lego just didn't want us to get double VIP points on the new HP sets--because of course! :blush:

Ugh so I preordered my Brickheadz 20 minutes before midnight; just got an email saying it’ll be 30 days. Has anyone actually managed to get them in the UK?

I think everyone in the states' plans backfired with the whole backorder and we'll ship on 30th of july

I mean I think everyone in europe is happy with this because it means that Americans cant get the sets before us now:grin: unless yous buy them from target

Imo you guys in the states should have just waited to get them @ target instead of backordering from Lego because yous were never going to get double VIP points anyways 

Just now, Lego-fire said:

Ugh so I preordered my Brickheadz 20 minutes before midnight; just got an email saying it’ll be 30 days. Has anyone actually managed to get them in the UK?

I got the Ron & Dumbledore pack last week. Harry, Hedwig & Hermione are instock in my local Smyths imma click & collect them and pick them up on Tuesday or Thursday:thumbup:

3 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

I’ve got one reserved at Argos, but not tried through Shop@home

5 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

I got Harry/Hedwig from Argos (with that fine-megablocks staff discount), but we aren’t getting Hermione or the 2 pack

3 minutes ago, The Dangerous HC said:

I got Harry/Hedwig from Argos (with that fine-megablocks staff discount), but we aren’t getting Hermione or the 2 pack

My local Argos is in Sainsbury’s, and Sainsbury’s are usually good with Brickheadz, they had go brick me and the solo ones on release day so hopefully they’ll have some. I’ll report back

Would I be right in saying that the Ron/Albus is a S@H / Smyths exclusive in the UK. I don't have a Smyths anywhere near me so the it would be S@H for me.

2 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

My local Argos is in Sainsbury’s, and Sainsbury’s are usually good with Brickheadz, they had go brick me and the solo ones on release day so hopefully they’ll have some. I’ll report back

I would be interested to know :) That's my set up too.

Edited by BacktoBricks

7 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Sainsbury’s may have them tbf, all I know is that Argos won’t, we don’t really communicate very well with Sainsbury’s 

None of the Target's near me (50 mile radius around central Ohio) had them in stock according to brickseek, but I did manage to order the great hall through lego.com, so I'll have that in a couple days.

I'm guessing they weren't prepared for the release, which makes sense given that they scrambled to do this in the first place. Maybe these problems in the US will make everyone else a little less salty (though this pendulum swings both ways all the time, so we'll all be venting again next summer when Europe gets a Spider-Man set first, I'm looking at you web warriors bridge).

Just now, strangely said:

None of the Target's near me (50 mile radius around central Ohio) had them in stock according to brickseek, but I did manage to order the great hall through lego.com, so I'll have that in a couple days.

I'm guessing they weren't prepared for the release, which makes sense given that they scrambled to do this in the first place. Maybe these problems in the US will make everyone else a little less salty (though this pendulum swings both ways all the time, so we'll all be venting again next summer when Europe gets a Spider-Man set first, I'm looking at you web warriors bridge).

I'm just hoping that the plus side for all us UK fans is that these will be some of the sets that Jang will be able to get before us. I hope he had his fingers on the button at midnight! Can't wait for the reviews :)

If anyone goes to a Lego store today in person, please report your findings it will be greatly appreciated. Oh believe me I'll be a regular at all the three targets near me if I don't find it at my local lego store. Hehe

Edited by RODDY

39 minutes ago, RODDY said:

If anyone goes to a Lego store today in person, please report your findings it will be greatly appreciated. Oh believe me I'll be a regular at all the three targets near me if I don't find it at my local lego store. Hehe

I will be going to my LEGO store, so I’ll gladly report my findings. Planning on getting there early in case there’s a line.

I went to target and got everything expect for the Hogwarts express which isn’t avalible any where. I used targets app it’s much more accurate then brickseek

1 hour ago, Captain Nemo said:

Alternative conspiracy theory: Lego just didn't want us to get double VIP points on the new HP sets--because of course! :blush:

You still get the double points even on back ordered items though.

6 hours ago, J4ck said:

I hate HP and FB with a passion. 

Not an entirely necessary opinion to share here..

7 hours ago, Boettner Builds said:

Really LEGO?!!? Everything’s back order already?!? Number 1 toy company in the world and they still can’t figure out the basic stuff. I’m beyond disappointed and am fully pissed off.

Same thing happened with the 2010 wave. In my experience, the backorders never last as long as the site suggests

1 hour ago, Duffyoran said:

I think everyone in the states' plans backfired with the whole backorder and we'll ship on 30th of july

I mean I think everyone in europe is happy with this because it means that Americans cant get the sets before us now:grin: unless yous buy them from target

Imo you guys in the states should have just waited to get them @ target instead of backordering from Lego because yous were never going to get double VIP points anyways 

I got the Ron & Dumbledore pack last week. Harry, Hedwig & Hermione are instock in my local Smyths imma click & collect them and pick them up on Tuesday or Thursday:thumbup:

No backorder message for me so fingers crossed. Happy hunting to all on both sides of the water.

42 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I went to target and got everything expect for the Hogwarts express which isn’t avalible any where. I used targets app it’s much more accurate then brickseek

good luck building