Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

48 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I can’t help but feel like there will be more Fantastic Beasts sets from the new movie. It seems too odd that there is only one to promote it (the suitcase is from the first movie). And the fact that we haven’t seen a young Dumbledore minifigure yet tells me there is something else. I feel like there will be a bigger fall wave of sets or a January wave for this movie. And I would be delighted if some more HP sets accompanied them that soon but that’s doubtful

I will be waiting at the door to Target on Sunday morning when they open. I can’t wait any longer than I absolutely have to. I live in a pretty small area so I shouldn’t have to fight too many people to get to them

I think you should be okay. You probably won't fight anyone at all. I personally think that alot of people still don't know that the sets got moved up from Aug 1 (very unclear communication on Lego's behalf). And the Lego HP fanbase is nowhere near the size of Lego Star Wars fanbase and those sets didn't sell out on the well advertised Force Friday. I think my only concern is that they might not put them out until later in the day. Alot of stores take their time putting stuff out. Anyways good luck! 

Edited by RODDY

I called my local Lego Store (I'm in the UK) and the employer said the Brickheads were released today but the sets are not coming until August 1st. I am seriously disgusted if we have to wait a month longer when it's written by a British writer and set here. 

1 hour ago, joeee said:

Good luck! I'm also heading to Target right as it opens on Sunday. These are available for shipping on 6/30. I'm wondering if there is a better chance at getting these sets if we order online for in-store pick up?

Possibly, but I always thought that getting them at the store in person adds so much to the experience of it. Either way, good luck to you too!

51 minutes ago, RODDY said:

I think you should be okay. You probably won't fight anyone at all. I personally think that alot of people still don't know that the sets got moved up from Aug 1 (very unclear communication on Lego's behalf). And the Lego HP fanbase is nowhere near the size of Lego Star Wars fanbase and those sets didn't sell out on the well advertised Force Friday. I think my only concern is that they might not put them out until later in the day. Alot of stores take their time putting stuff out. Anyways good luck! 

I asked an employee at Target if they would be stocked when they open. He said probably but if they aren’t I can ask for them and they will bring them to me from storage. He said they won’t stock them until they have enough to fill a section of the shelf but I can still request them from the back as long as it’s not before the release

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Awesome, Balrogofmorgoth ! Thanks for sharing what the Target employee said! I was actually too shy to ask if they weren't on shelves but now I feel much braver.

I'm probably going to replace Cho Chang's head with the head from Rose Tico, and match her hands to fit. I think it will be a much closer look for her actress Katie Leung.

5 hours ago, LegoSims20 said:

I am seriously disgusted if we have to wait a month longer when it's written by a British writer and set here. 

Exactly! In fact, we should have them earlier. The HP Brickheadz are but a small consolation for this egregious injustice

I thought there was the old and the new slope pieces in this serie.

Edited by notpennysboat
what I said was wrong

It is indeed weird the UK (and the rest of Europe) has to wait until August while the whole Harry Potter thing is based in the UK. *huh* :hmpf_bad: :wacko:

On the Dutch online lego store it also says 1 August for the sets. It's killing me. :cry_sad:

2 hours ago, notpennysboat said:

Old slope piece and new one in the same series  :thumbup:

Who has the old one?

From what I can see, all of them have the new skirt mold

Guys when and where are the FB sets coming out in USA and UK please? Because they are not on either Lego.com. 

Edited by Lego-fire

21 hours ago, AmperZand said:

I'm guessing that if there are 60 minifigures per box, the ratio will be 3HP:2FB. Of course, even if that's right, it doesn't necessarily mean that each HP one will be equally common, or each FB one equally common.

Two questions:

1. What are we calling the new, articulated mid-sized legs? 'Teenage legs'? 'Articulated short legs' (which is somewhat inaccurate in my view)?
  2. Do all the new legs - whatever we're calling them - have print/dual moulding or are any monochrome? If so, which ones?

Medium legs is what I'm calling them.  I presume not all characters using them will be teenagers.

I sure hope there will be non-printed legs in this series.  I will need them.

Should I sell my Lego Harry Potter sets from 2010/2011 to have enough money to buy the new ones?

Just now, topiku said:

Should I sell my Lego Harry Potter sets from 2010/2011 to have enough money to buy the new ones?

No!  You will regret it. I sold off a black pearl and queen annes revenge and I definitely wish I never would have. Find odd jobs you can do for people in your neighborhood, or make something to sell. I’ve been making display frames for minifigures and doing miscelanous jobs (hanging Christmas lights, handyman jobs) to fuming my Lego habit. You get to help others and get what you want without giving up parts of your collection. 

6 minutes ago, topiku said:

If you don’t want them then sure, it will definitely cover you for this wave. But those sets are only gaining value over time despite these new ones.

Edited by Whovastron

1 hour ago, topiku said:

No you must used them to build a bigger Hogwarts and create the missing rooms. And you can use the old minifig to populate the life of hogwarts

2 hours ago, topiku said:

I’d say no. I’ve listed my 2001 Hogwarts (which I only got like 9 months ago) to help fund it, but the 2010/2011 sets are still amazing and I personally could never part with mine given how they got me interested in Lego. 

I knew today was going to be an excruciatingly long day because of my insane anticipation of getting the new Harry Potter sets tomorrow, so I’m passing the day by having an extended edition Lord of the Rings trilogy marathon. That’ll make it go quickly enough!

3 hours ago, topiku said:

I say no! There is something special about having such old sets. I love having each one because they are all different from each other. :)

51 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I knew today was going to be an excruciatingly long day because of my insane anticipation of getting the new Harry Potter sets tomorrow, so I’m passing the day by having an extended edition Lord of the Rings trilogy marathon. That’ll make it go quickly enough!

Tell me about it! Tomorrow will be AMAZING. Just curious, why not watch Harry Potter? lol!

On 6/29/2018 at 6:39 PM, LegoSims20 said:

I called my local Lego Store (I'm in the UK) and the employer said the Brickheads were released today but the sets are not coming until August 1st. I am seriously disgusted if we have to wait a month longer when it's written by a British writer and set here. 

Star wars is set in space, but those sets nearly always come out on Earth first. How ridiculous is that!

13 minutes ago, joeee said:

I say no! There is something special about having such old sets. I love having each one because they are all different from each other. :)

Tell me about it! Tomorrow will be AMAZING. Just curious, why not watch Harry Potter? lol!

That would obviously be the best choice under the circumstances, but I finally got my wife to start reading the books and we’ve been watching the movies as she finishes each book, so I’m already working through the Harry Potter movies. Plus Lord of the Rings is my favorite movie series of all time

9 minutes ago, GeekByKnight said:

Star wars is set in space, but those sets nearly always come out on Earth first. How ridiculous is that!

Ha!

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Seriously...this is worse than waiting for the care packages you order from S@H...the last hours are going to be hell.:grin: 

Edited by Vindicare

3 hours ago, topiku said:

I sold all my older 2001-era Harry Potter sets (except The Final Challenge because it helped bring me out of my dark age) to buy the 2010 sets and I never regretted it. But then I didn’t care for the floor-pillars-roof kind of empty designs of the original sets, so the 2010 sets were infinitely better in my opinion. I considered selling those for this new line but decided against it in the end. Those sets are still great and had some awesome minifigs like Bellatrix.

Just now, Vindicare said:

Seriously...this is worse than waiting for the care packages you order from S@H...the last hours are going to be the hell.:grin: 

It’s terrible, this has been the longest week ever, and yesterday went so slowly I though time had stopped. Today has only been going fairly quickly due to the LOTR movies. I can’t wait. I hope target has all of them.