Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

57 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

Nope, they typically don't stock "occult" products and they include Harry Potter in that.

I've not been in one for years, but it used to be the case - they didn't sell the previous LEGO HP ranges. Also they removed the witches and the vampires from CMF S2. I don't know if they sold S14.

1 hour ago, nikhkin said:

Nope, they typically don't stock "occult" products and they include Harry Potter in that. 

That's legit the lamest thing I've ever heard

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

I was there yesterday and they stock the top trumps and trivial pursuit. They trust Lego as a brand so will very likely stock them. They do go back on their beliefs sometimes though; they didn’t stock Doctor Who products for about 5 years, but returned to stocking them

I went there a while ago to ask if they had any and as soon as I said HP they said no.

Just now, Ultron said:

That's legit the lamest thing I've ever heard

That's just the way the brand operates, based on the owner's beliefs. They don't stock things they disagree with, and they don't open on Sundays or bank holidays. 

It might seem unusual, but they've survived as a national toy store when Toys R Us couldn't. They even have more branches than Toys R Us did before they went bankrupt. 

I wonder if Ollivander makes an appearance in the FB franchise? Could it be his fig is a poly for a Lego game based on FB, like Edna was for The Incredibles?

Edited by sunhuntin

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Thay polybag is really cool. I like it. Cage is a bit too bulky, but it's a nice build.

Where? Can you send PM please?

7 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

Where? 

It is on Instagram backwards. (7.lov_skcirb_leahcim) Ninjago'd so nevermind.

It is almost like a remake of this set. But it looks good.

30110-1.jpg?201104020824

Edited by Agent Kallus

No one seems to be mentioning a printed tile in the new polybag. Looks like it depicts a list of the items first-years need to buy before going to Hogwarts. I haven't seen this tile anywhere in the upcoming sets. It's not likely for LEGO to make an exclusve print for a polybag. Am I jumping to conclusions or does it confirm a second wave with a set based on Diagon Alley?

1 minute ago, BenderBrau said:

No one seems to be mentioning a printed tile in the new polybag. Looks like it depicts a list of the items first-years need to buy before going to Hogwarts. I haven't seen this tile anywhere in the upcoming sets. It's not likely for LEGO to make an exclusve print for a polybag. Am I jumping to conclusions or does it confirm a second wave with a set based on Diagon Alley?

It's actually meant to be a page from a book showing the Wingardium Leviosa spell with the feather, and it's also in the Whomping Willow set.

I'm very surprised no one else has mentioned this, but I can't believe the ear protectors are actually fixed to Neville's hair. I thought we'd get a spare normal hair, but it doesn't look that way. That is going to drive me CRAZY.  Not to mention that if they were accessories I could have bought multiple for the trio. 

1 minute ago, LegoSims20 said:

I'm very surprised no one else has mentioned this, but I can't believe the ear protectors are actually fixed to Neville's hair. I thought we'd get a spare normal hair, but it doesn't look that way. That is going to drive me CRAZY.  Not to mention that if they were accessories I could have bought multiple for the trio. 

It’s the same hair used on the gamer from series 12 just in a new color 

3 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

It's actually meant to be a page from a book showing the Wingardium Leviosa spell with the feather, and it's also in the Whomping Willow set.

Oh :sadnew: I need to look at those pictures more carefully

Does it bother anyone else that the Elder Wand (depicted three times, one on each dumbledore and one on Grindelwald) is tan and not brown? I will definitely be replacing each one with a brown wand

4 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Does it bother anyone else that the Elder Wand (depicted three times, one on each dumbledore and one on Grindelwald) is tan and not brown? I will definitely be replacing each one with a brown wand

Well in the films (especially 7&8) it is depicted in a more tan/bone colour, definitely not brown. I would be annoyed if it was brown

23 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

16 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Well in the films (especially 7&8) it is depicted in a more tan/bone colour, definitely not brown. I would be annoyed if it was brown

The Elder Wand is a dark brown in the movies (as seen through all the prop replicas) but Lego uses brown wands as the standard for wizard/witch minifigures so I’m glad it’s tan in the sets, as it differentiates it. 

42 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

It’s definitely brown in the films...

45 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Lego seems to be basign the wand colours on the small details on the wand, like Seraphina's wand was light brown, with a small pink/purple crystal at the end, she got a purplish wand. The elder wand had a small tan stripe with some inscriptions in the middle, his wand became tan. But anyway, I'm pretty sure we'll get a new Elder Wand mold in the future since it had such an important role, then again we didn't got a Crookshanks mold so...

38 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

okay it seems I got my facts mixed around. In Goblet Of Fire - Half Blood Prince, the wand is the lighter brown colour that Lego is representing here, almost a bone colour. However, a quick google reveals that the prop was actually darkened for the final two films (apparently to reflect its dark usage by Voldermort). When looking on google images there are both light and dark replica versions of the wand. So I guess here it’s down to personal preference. I personally always remember it being the lighter colour.

Edited by Whovastron

2 hours ago, SandMirror38 said:

Wonder why there's a cup of USBs there?

It was a press/media event. I'm guessing that the USB Drives have Press and Media material about this release.

7 hours ago, sunhuntin said:

I wonder if Ollivander makes an appearance in the FB franchise? Could it be his fig is a poly for a Lego game based on FB, like Edna was for The Incredibles?

If I remember correctly it was a fig of a old Ollivander so HP is most likely.. Maybe a GWP, a small set where Harry buys the wand:sceptic:

5 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

then again we didn't got a Crookshanks mold so...

That makes it even stranger that the WW set did not include a mrs norris :wacko: They could just have put the normal cat in the set, because she looks more like the normal cat than Crookshanks looks like the his CMF version and last wave used a kitten for her :shrug_confused: