Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Glad I'm not the only feeling Cho has weird skin. That tan color cannot be for Asians unless she is an outdoor girl.

Reminds me, so the CMF series doesn't have the 12yo Hermione, so her 12yo hairpiece will be exclusive to regular sets?

5 hours ago, Larrycot said:

I think there will be a new serie of harry potter minifigures after this cause it misses snape, lucius malfoy, dementor,  umbridge, mcgonagal etc

Most of those come in the sets so they most likely won’t show up in CMF. And Umbridge will be in the Bricktober pack

The only problem I have with CMFs is that they always look like they are made with lower quality plastic and printing than the minifigs that come in sets. Know what I mean? Does anyone know why?

I hadn't even bothered reading all of the previous comments from yesterday's thunderstorm when this was revealed, but upon seeing individual shots of each CMF, I am excited for both the new mid-sized legs (Quite unexpected! :oh3:) and many of the new hairpiece molds and recolors.

But besides that, there's no CMF that I'm absolutely crazy about, since I'm not at all a fan of the Harry Potter franchise. If I were to say who my favorite one was though, in terms of design at least, it probably would be of Professor Trelawney, with her Sand Green attire, and new teacup and hairpiece molds.

30 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

The only problem I have with CMFs is that they always look like they are made with lower quality plastic and printing than the minifigs that come in sets. Know what I mean? Does anyone know why?

The CMFs are made in China and they use a different source of ABS compared to Europe and Mexico. Some people feel it is lower quality, others not. However, I find the printing is often better quality than on figures made elsewhere as it is often slightly denser print so base colours don't show through as badly.

I've never had a quality issue with a CMF. Is anyone really going to argue that the Batman movie line of CMF figures were of poor quality print or plastic? That first wave and now these are probably some of the best figures Lego have ever produced.

8 minutes ago, Robianco said:

I've never had a quality issue with a CMF. Is anyone really going to argue that the Batman movie line of CMF figures were of poor quality print or plastic? That first wave and now these are probably some of the best figures Lego have ever produced.

The first Batman series was the series I had the most issues with. Two of my Batmen had their head prints misaligned, meaning the cowl didn't line up with the face, and my Pink Power Batgirl had a misprinted torso. IMO, the CMF are a lot more likely to have issues.

3 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

The first Batman series was the series I had the most issues with. Two of my Batmen had their head prints misaligned, meaning the cowl didn't line up with the face, and my Pink Power Batgirl had a misprinted torso. IMO, the CMF are a lot more likely to have issues.

I don't know if I'm just lucky but in the 100s of CMF I've bought or parts I've got from various places there hasn't been a single issue with them. No cracking or iffy print anywhere.

20 minutes ago, Robianco said:

I don't know if I'm just lucky but in the 100s of CMF I've bought or parts I've got from various places there hasn't been a single issue with them. No cracking or iffy print anywhere.

Same. Never had a problem 

I think it's pretty great that this wave also already gave us two of the horcruxes and two of the deathly hallows. I was hoping we would eventually get all of the horcruxes and all three of the deathly hallows, but since most don't show up until the later movies, and we still don't have official confirmation as to another wave I was worried we might never, so it is a pleasant surprise. Like other's have said, it would have been great if the elder wand was a different mold, but at least it is the proper color, and maybe later on we will get a new mold for it.

Just now, elederberg said:

I think it's pretty great that this wave also already gave us two of the horcruxes and two of the deathly hallows. I was hoping we would eventually get all of the horcruxes and all three of the deathly hallows, but since most don't show up until the later movies, and we still don't have official confirmation as to another wave I was worried we might never, so it is a pleasant surprise. Like other's have said, it would have been great if the elder wand was a different mold, but at least it is the proper color, and maybe later on we will get a new mold for it.

Potentially stupid, but what horcruxes aside from the diary and what Deathly Hallows? Like I said, probably a stupid question

9 minutes ago, The Dangerous HC said:

Potentially stupid, but what horcruxes aside from the diary and what Deathly Hallows? Like I said, probably a stupid question

Nagini. And I assume he means cloak and the fact that dumbledore has a wand (tho it isn’t a special mold so...)

a quick google would’ve answered this for ya though.

11 minutes ago, The Dangerous HC said:

Horcruxes:

tom riddles diary (comes with dobby)

ravenclaws diadem

hufflepuff goblet

slytherin locket

tom riddles ring

nagini (comes with voldermort)

Harry

deathly Hallows: elder wand (comes with Dumbledore) invisibility cloak (comes with harry) and resurrection stone (not here but is in the snitch at one point)

Just now, KevinMD said:

Nagini. And I assume he means cloak and the fact that dumbledore has a wand (tho it isn’t a special mold so...)

a quick google would’ve answered this for ya though.

Completely forgot that the cloak is a Deathly Hallow, Just for the pure fact it’s been in the film series for so long, and again, forgot Nagini was a horcrux as I haven’t seen the film in ages, don’t necessarily think “a quick google would’ve answer this for ya” was completely necessary ??, but ah well, people forget things

16 minutes ago, elederberg said:

We actually get 3 of the 7 horcruxes: Tom Riddle's Diary, Nagini, and Harry himself. As for the Deathly Hallows: we get the Elder wand with Dumbledore and Harry's invisibility cloak.

5 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Horcruxes:

tom riddles diary (comes with dobby)

ravenclaws diadem

hufflepuff goblet

slytherin locket

tom riddles ring

nagini (comes with voldermort)

Harry

deathly Hallows: elder wand (comes with Dumbledore) invisibility cloak (comes with harry) and resurrection stone (not here but is in the snitch at one point)

Yeah, I know what the horcruxes are (apart from Nagini, that’s the one I forgot about) and got confused about the wand because that’s just a normal wand, not the Elder Wand, and the cloak I forgot about, also, that’s the wrong snitch, that comes with Quidditch Draco (film 2), it’s film 1 that has the snitch that has the Stone inside of it

3 minutes ago, newwavejunkie said:

We actually get 3 of the 7 horcruxes: Tom Riddle's Diary, Nagini, and Harry himself. As for the Deathly Hallows: we get the Elder wand with Dumbledore and Harry's invisibility cloak.

I don’t think that’s the elder wand, I think it’s just a normal wand, I highly expect they’ll do an elder wand mould similar to what’s in the game for later sets (when it becomes important) or rather I hope they do, I’d love a proper elder wand mould

Edited by The Dangerous HC

3 minutes ago, The Dangerous HC said:

Yeah, I know what the horcruxes are (apart from Nagini, that’s the one I forgot about) and got confused about the wand because that’s just a normal wand, not the Elder Wand, and the cloak I forgot about, also, that’s the wrong snitch, that comes with Quidditch Draco (film 2), it’s film 1 that has the snitch that has the Stone inside of it

I don’t think that’s the elder wand, I think it’s just a normal wand, I highly expect they’ll do an elder wand mould similar to what’s in the game for later sets (when it becomes important) or rather I hope they do, I’d love a proper elder wand mould

I understand that the Elder wand should be important enough to get its own mold, but for all intents and purposes Dumbledore's wand is the Elder wand. It's been his wand since he defeated Grindelwald. There's nothing to suggest he ever carried a spare non Elder wand, at least not that I recall.

I'm actually curious now if Gambon's Dumbledore had the same wand prop through all the movies he appeared in or if they changed it later when it became important to the story.

They could’ve just made an Elder Wand mold now and given it to Grindelwald in the Fantastic Beasts sets as well (although he didn’t use it in the first film and I don’t think he has it when he escapes MACUSA).

Is Hogwarts definitely the other VIP early release set? Voltron is on the 23rd and I thought the James Bond car would be the other early release. 

5 minutes ago, newwavejunkie said:

I understand that the Elder wand should be important enough to get its own mold, but for all intents and purposes Dumbledore's wand is the Elder wand. It's been his wand since he defeated Grindelwald. There's nothing to suggest he ever carried a spare non Elder wand, at least not that I recall.

I'm actually curious now if Gambon's Dumbledore had the same wand prop through all the movies he appeared in or if they changed it later when it became important to the story.

Yeah, I get that, I just don’t see why Lego would skimp on an incredibly important item, I’ll accept that it’s the Elder Wand until they release an actual Elder Wand piece, I’ll be fine with it being shown as the Elder Wand as long as it’s the right colour (just looked and it is the right colour)

tbh, I think he had that wand from PoA onwards (Gambon onwards) because that was the first film to have designed wands (look at the difference between films 1&2 and film 3 onwards) so I wouldn’t be surprised if he did have that model from his first turn as Albus

Edited by The Dangerous HC

16 hours ago, Roebuck said:

First polybag, expect more to come the next hours :grin_wub:

-image removed-

Where did you find these?

Edited by Peppermint_M
Don't quote pictures

I love all of the minifigures. I am tempted to buy a box and splitthe sets with a few people. Where would you go to buy a complete box? I assume lego doesn't sell them like that

Just now, simonjedi said:

I love all of the minifigures. I am tempted to buy a box and splitthe sets with a few people. Where would you go to buy a complete box? I assume lego doesn't sell them like that

Normally I would suggest the Entertainer's online store, which sells a box's worth for £300, but I doubt they'd stock Harry Potter CMFs due to the owner's personal beliefs.  I guess eBay might be an option.

3 minutes ago, The Dangerous HC said:

Where did you find these?

https://twitter.com/hashtag/LEGOHarryPotter?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbrickset.com%2Farticle%2F36957%2Fvoltron-at-last!

Apparently there is a Wizarding World preview event in London as we speak *oh2*

The polybag is probably a cheap way to get Hedwig :thumbup:
Let see if Ollivander turns up :wink: