Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Saw a few people were curious about feeling for the figs, so made a quick “feel-guide” for what to look out for...

Harry Potter - Hedwig and larger hair

Harry Potter (with cape) - absence of accessories, short legs

Hermoine Granger - cat

Luna Lovegood - 2x3 tile 

Ron Weasley - rat 

Voldemort - Nagini and dress piece

Albus Dumbledore - bowl shape, dress and beard 

Dobby - unique head, book

Dean Thomas - flat piece

Cedric Diggory - Tri-wizard cup

Cho Chang - owl and hair

Neville Longbottom - Mandrake pieces

Draco Malfoy - broomstick

Professor Trelawney - tea cup, dresspiece and unique hair

Professor Flitwick - megaphone

Mad-Eye Moody - two hairpieces, stock and bottle

Newt Scamander - suitcase and Niffler

Tina Goldstein - hotdog and hair

Queenie Goldstein - pastry

Jacob Kowalski - suitcase and 1x1 tiles

Percival Graves - alternate hair

Credence Barebone - 1x2 tile 

19 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

As for the FB figures... they look very good but I don't care about anything FB. 

I understand why people discard FB because, basically, it’s not Harry Potter. But really, the Dumbledore/Grindelwald story is central to the plot of Deathly Hallows, at least in the books, so it ties directly in and gives Deathly Hallows much more clarity 

I don’t get why people don’t like the new Dobby, the old one had huge dead eyes, this one looks more natural and warm like the Character. The shape of his mouth also really evokes the character too

6 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I don’t get why people don’t like the new Dobby, the old one had huge dead eyes, this one looks more natural and warm like the Character. The shape of his mouth also really evokes the character too

Good point. Now that I look at the older version, makes me realize how hideous and unexpressive it is:laugh:

EDIT: oh nevermind, Dobby is actually reeeally ugly lol! This one looks like a cute puppy.

Edited by Otherworld

They look very good.

Does anybody know why Flitwick has a loudspeaker (new version and not complaining)?

4 minutes ago, Wout said:

They look very good.

Does anybody know why Flitwick has a loudspeaker (new version and not complaining)?

Because it was what he used as a speaker in the GoF during the Yule Ball

Professor-Flitwick-in-Harry-Potter.jpg&w

1 hour ago, Johnny1360 said:

Sorry for off topic post, curious what principle is that, I've not watched any of them myself for my own reasons. I do like these sets regardless. 

They're an unfair and inaccurate portrayal of the books. A corruption, really. Though the do have their moments - the fight between Harry and the Hungarian Horntail in Goblet of Fire was almost rushed in the books, but the movie made it look great. (As a matter of fact, knowing that we'll likely get GoF sets, including the Horntail, next year, makes me very happy that the sets are based on the movies - it'll be awesome.) Not to mention the fact that the screenwriters contrived a lot of the events to push the Harry/Hermione pairing, including unfairly sidelining Ron and Ginny. And the final showdown between Harry and Voldemort in DH2 was a pale imitation of what it was in the books. Overall, the books are the 'more real' representation of what Harry Potter actually is. 

But the real question is; remember that Ollivander minifig we saw a while back? If he's not in any sets and he's not in the CMF, where is he?

Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

But the real question is; remember that Ollivander minifig we saw a while back? If he's not in any sets and he's not in the CMF, where is he?

Polybag, I suppose?

The best CMF series ever. Quick thoughts:

Pijamas Harry - perfect

Harry - perfect. I love those middle legs! Great torso

Voldemort - perfect

Ron - his "lips" are too low and too big, but nearly perfect

Hermione - perfect. Great we got them at year 4+

Draco - perfect

Neville - perfect

Luna - perfect

Cedric - perfect

Cho - why her skin is dark? Weird. Also, I don't like her skirt. It doesn't "fit". Still, good minifigure

Dean - he looks older than he should be, but nearly perfect

Dumbledore - perfect

Flitwick - perfect

Mad-Eye Moody - perfect. Amazing that you can change him to Barty

Trelawney - perfect. Fantastic hairpiece and tea pot

Dooby - I like his previous head more. Byt this one is awesome too. Love Riddle's diary

It's fantastic that we got minifigures from Fantastic Beasts too.

Newt - perfect. Love that suitcase and little Bowtruckle

Tina - perfect

Quennie - perfect, I LOVE that strudel

Jacob - perfect

Credence - I like him, but he seems boring? I dunno

Graves - perfect, love that you have two differmt hairpieces and two differnet faces, one for Graves and one for Grindelwald

17/22 are perfect, 3/22 nearly perfect. Wow.

5 minutes ago, newwavejunkie said:

Polybag, I suppose?

Why is everyone so hung up about Ollivander? From the first pic we saw it was obvious he isn't CMFS-quality and definitely not interesting enough for a polybag.

It's quite apparent there's some stuff they haven't revealed yet. My money's on a retailer exclusive Diagon Alley where he'll most definitely will be outshined by the other minifigs.

I'm still blown away on how they just went all in with this theme.

Just now, Alegrispa said:

Why is everyone so hung up about Ollivander? From the first pic we saw it was obvious he isn't CMFS-quality and definitely not interesting enough for a polybag.

It's quite apparent there's some stuff they haven't revealed yet. My money's on a retailer exclusive Diagon Alley where he'll most definitely will be outshined by the other minifigs.

I'm still blown away on how they just went all in with this theme.

You think? I'd love to see Diagon Alley!

I absolutely love the new skirt piece, I’m so glad we get three in these CMFs! I really wish McGonnagall and Dumbledore in the Great Hall set had that piece. But I also love printed legs! It’s so tough. I think they would have looked better with the skirt piece but the printed legs are still amazing I can’t really complain.

According to the likes on facebook, the most liked minifigure is Newts Scamander and the one with less likes is Percival Graves #themoreyouknow

Oh goodness I need all of these. Finally, a good Trelawney and Moody/Crouch! But Gambon-Dumbledore is great, too, and Dobby is much more LEGO. And then Credence and Graves/Grindelwald? Herbology Neville and Luna too? Very exciting. My inner HP nerd is exploding. 

46 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

According to the likes on facebook, the most liked minifigure is Newts Scamander and the one with less likes is Percival Graves #themoreyouknow

Newt? From all figures they choose Newt? I mean he looks perfect but he is nothing compared to the HP side of the series.

I would love to see a new Diagon Alley but I doubt they will release it anytime soon, being that the D2C Hogwarts is a thing. Figures for it would tie up some of the ones they missed in the CMF line. Lockhart, Weasley Family, Ollivander, Lucius, Goblins, I would also like to see in this set some regular witches and wizards. They could make Knockturn Alley later if they wanted too. Same with the Weasly shop. do what they did with Hogwarts. Have one expensive set for 100 that includes Gringotts, Ollivander, and the bookstore. Then later do sets for the 6th film for Knockturn and the Weasley Shop.

Aren't these delectable? I'm not a huge fan of Dobby, Neville, Cedric, Cho, Graves, Draco, or even Dumbledore (sorry; that indent under the mustache looks really off to me) but even all of those figures have wonderful pieces or it is just really cool to get the character. I am really excited for those beautiful new Gryffindor robes, Luna, Trelawney, Moody, and the characters from Fantastic Beasts!

This line really is wonderful. I can't wait to start collecting Harry Potter LEGO again! :classic:

The people who keep talking about the Olivander minifigure, it could be a case like Shuri from Black Panther where they get leaked half a year ahead. This could just be a VERY early leak for a Diagon Alley set in wave 2.

Edited by LDDproductions
I spelled a name wrong