Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

These look good! It's also cool that Newt has side leg printing to round out the coat, something which would've been nice on Dr.Strange as well.
Still waiting for Sirius and young Dumbledore now!

Finally we got to see the CMF :grin_wub:

Pros:

• Overall a very good series that are complementing the sets very well
  • only two Harry's and the rest are unique characters
  • 6 animals, with one new mould and 2 new colours (the niffler is also new more or less)

Small cons:

• Ron could have had Pigwidgeon in a new small owl mould, which also could be used for Cho's owl in a different colour
  • Ron's face is not so easy to recognize

General remarks:

• I find it odd that we are missing Ginny, Lockhart, moaning myrtle and ms Norris (+Tom Riddle) in this wave, so a COS set is hopefully down the line..
  • Those who mixed up the spot on Dean Thomas with Lee Jordan must have been :drunk:
  • Still a lot of characters missing that we can get in future waves
  • Something new is taking a new animal like the niffler and put it in a set that comes out at the same time as the CMF, but the more animal moulds the merrier :shrug_oh_well:

3 hours ago, The Dangerous HC said:

They’re based on Goblet of Fire I believe, that’s why they (Harry and Ron) have long hair, they had short hair in PoA

But Ron comes with Scabbers. So he has to be from Prisoner of Askaban.

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

2 minutes ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

But Ron comes with Scabbers. So he has to be from Prisoner of Askaban.

I think that's definitely Prison of Azkaban Ron from his disheveled tie and he's not wearing a sweater (which I don't think any of them did that movie). So since the older Harry and Hermione are wearing sweaters under their robes, they must be from Goblet of Fire. Although I do think Hermione's hair looks a little more like her hairstyle in Prisoner of Azkaban.

3 minutes ago, Duffyoran said:

Does the new Neville figure have the smaller legs or the new legs??

Longer legs. Check out LEGO's official Instagram. They have nice photos of 16 of the figs so far.

1 minute ago, newwavejunkie said:

I think that's definitely Prison of Azkaban Ron from his disheveled tie and he's not wearing a sweater (which I don't think any of them did that movie). So since the older Harry and Hermione are wearing sweaters under their robes, they must be from Goblet of Fire. Although I do think Hermione's hair looks a little more like her hairstyle in Prisoner of Azkaban.

They’re all based on Prisoner

Most are superb in my opinion, especially Dumbledore, Trelawney and Neville. Dobby's face looks a bit weird, but has the T.R. diary, which is great.

Hermione, Ron and Luna, mainly the faces are not that good and not easily recognizable. The owl-mold looks a bit outdated, considering its size.

Last but certainly not least, the FB figures are great. Love everything about them, especially all the baked goods!

1 minute ago, Whovastron said:

They’re all based on Prisoner

I just found some photos of the trio wearing sweaters in POA, so you're right. Faulty memory on my part.

So in years 1-2, they have short legs. In year 3, they have medium legs. At what point do they grow into regular legs?

4 minutes ago, newwavejunkie said:

I just found some photos of the trio wearing sweaters in POA, so you're right. Faulty memory on my part.

So in years 1-2, they have short legs. In year 3, they have medium legs. At what point do they grow into regular legs?

I imagine Order of the Phoenix, as Harry is a lot shorter than Cedric in GoF. It is rather odd as to why Luna has short legs. 

1 minute ago, Whovastron said:

I imagine Order of the Phoenix, as Harry is a lot shorter than Cedric in GoF. It is rather odd as to why Luna has short legs. 

Well Cho has medium legs and I suppose she could be either 4th or 5th year.

There are a lot of minor characters, while major characters are left out. I absolutely love the minor characters they gave us and this o my means they are saving those other characters for future sets! The absence of Myrtle, Ginny, Lockhart, and Riddle tells me there is likely a Chamber Of Secrets set coming at some point. The lack of Sirius is definitely saving him for later, hopefully we end up getting a POA version with the Azkaban jumpsuit and also an OOTP version. I also hope we get more Death Eaters later like Bellatrix and Lucius and hopefully Yaxley. I also would love Lily and James, if they do the Hogwarts founders there’s no reason not to do them. Also, the other Triwizard champions With Maxime and Karkaroff. The other three house ghosts as well. Young Dumbledore from FB. And many many more. There’s a lot more they can still do. I’m so excited for these and the future of this theme

10 minutes ago, Duffyoran said:

Luna doesn't have short legs

The medium legs then, my point is by OotP they should be full sized really 

Just now, Whovastron said:

The medium legs then, my point is by OotP they should be full sized really 

I hope so, the again the could just stick to the medium legs for the rest of the line??

Having a deeper look at the FB minifigures,Tina has the same hair/hat combo but its colors are completetly different. In the dimensions fun Pack, tina had a grey hat with dark brown hair, now the hat is dark blue (more accurate to the movie)

These are all awesome! I'm going to be so happy to finally welcome Mad-Eye Moody to my collection. Now if only we had Tonks too. Professor Trelawny is also awesome. I think I'm going to build a fortune teller's tent for her on my village's new boardwalk. 

And there's also a new leg mould? Medium-length legs? Wow . . . I can honestly say I didn't expect that - or, for that matter, the brand new briefcase mould that Newt and Jacob are rocking. Awe-some!

Actually makes it a little strange that the new briefcase didn't come In the suitcase set, especially since they doubled up on Nifflers. But hey, Lego stopped making sense to me a long time ago. 

Speaking as a Ravenclaw, the fact that Cho Chang and her torso print exist make me happy. Might just create a variant on my sigfig in a Hogwarts uniform with her parts . . .

Credence also looks great, though something about his hair bothers me a bit . . . And I love that Graves comes with an alternate wig. I'm betting he has an alternate face that 'reveals' him as being Grindelwald. 

Does anyone know when we can expect to start seeing the new 'medium legs' in actual sets? Also, why does Moody come with the tow Extra wigs? Do they represent something that I've forgotten about? (I know the sets are mostly based on the movies, which I refuse to watch on principle, so there are occasionally things I miss.)

53 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The absence of Myrtle, Ginny, Lockhart, and Riddle tells me there is likely a Chamber Of Secrets set coming at some point.

I like the way you think

Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

Also, why does Moody come with the tow Extra wigs? Do they represent something that I've forgotten about? (I know the sets are mostly based on the movies, which I refuse to watch on principle, so there are occasionally things I miss.)

He has an alternate face for Barty Crouch Jr.

Hah just when people where surprised we weren't getting any leaks for these:laugh: 

They're great!! except for ron, hermione, harry and draco. Ron's face makes him look like he's 40 years old, Hermione doesn't look like Hermione, and Harry's hair... well... And Draco looks like a plain waste of a spot to me lol. Overall these 4 look like customs someone made with already existing pieces. BUT I do like the best friends' uniforms. I feel like the 2005-2007 harry, ron and hermione's faces captured the characters muuch better.

As for the FB figures... they look very good but I don't care about anything FB. 

Moody, Dumbledore and Trelawney are my favorites. It's exciting how many detailed and accurate teacher minifigures we're getting in this wave!!! (And from several movies not just 1) :wub: So now they all finally fit well together!

9 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

(I know the sets are mostly based on the movies, which I refuse to watch on principle, so there are occasionally things I miss.)

Sorry for off topic post, curious what principle is that, I've not watched any of them myself for my own reasons. I do like these sets regardless.