Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

A new rebrick contest just surfaced, and it states that one of the prizes is a not-yet-released architecture set (along with existing architecture sets). Could it be that the d2c will be an Architecture set? I know it is far fetched, but taking into consideration that the set will probably be out at the end of the contest, it could be the micro scale Hogwarts seeing the rumored release and such

3 minutes ago, GriffindorForLife said:

A new rebrick contest just surfaced, and it states that one of the prizes is a not-yet-released architecture set (along with existing architecture sets). Could it be that the d2c will be an Architecture set? I know it is far fetched, but taking into consideration that the set will probably be out at the end of the contest, it could be the micro scale Hogwarts seeing the rumored release and such

The not yet released set could be the Vegas Architecture set.

3 hours ago, Otherworld said:

The idea of Hogwarts having interiors is a game changer for me

Dude I know nothing about this but don't keep your hopes up

I think it's highly unlikely :sceptic:

23 hours ago, ETELENZOS92 said:

Interview with Mark Stafford that says that there will be more waves :classic:

https://www.hellobricks.com/2018/06/interview-mark-stafford-senior-designer-lego-harry-potter/

Hi there, I'm the interviewer :wink:

22 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

It doesn't specifically say that, but that's definitely reasonable to expect, especially since there are currently only sets for movies 1-3. This license will probably end up being like LOTR, where the original series gets two or three years of sets and then fades out, while the ongoing series (Fantastic Beasts) will get a new wave for each film as it comes out. HP seems to be more popular than LOTR, so I think that it will get a total of three years as opposed to LOTR's two.

Mark told me that LEGO's decision to focus only on the 2/3 first years was taken in order to keep some HP projects for at least next year, if the first wave is successful. No surprise here, business is business. So there is a high chance to get additional sets next year, and maybe more. And of course, Mark did not confirm anything about any ongoing projects for next year, you know how it works. Only a few smiles, for example when he told me that kids started to look taller from the fourth book/movie, and when I asked about regular legs then... :classic:

21 hours ago, Whovastron said:

It doesn’t really say there’s no chance of it being a set, it’s more the interviewer assumes that it would be in this wave.

Actually Mark told me they did work on a CoS idea in this wave. But it did not make the cut. So they chose to include the basilisk and the phoenix in the Great Hall, even without a proper Chamber of secrets.

I don't say (and he did not either) that there will never be a dedicated CoS set. But indeed, if the brief from LEGO is to move forward next year, we have more chances to get dragons from the Goblet of Fire than a Chamber of secrets. We'll see!

Edited by the Brickman

3 minutes ago, the Brickman said:

Mark told me that LEGO's decision to focus only on the 2/3 first years was taken in order to keep some HP projects for at least next year, if the first wave is successful. No surprise here, business is business. So there is a high chance to get additional sets next year, and maybe more. And of course, Mark did not confirm anything about any ongoing projects for next year, you know how it works. Only a few smiles, for example when he told me that kids started to look taller from the fourth book/movie, and when I asked about regular legs then... :classic:

Actually Mark told me they did work on a CoS idea in this wave. But it did not make the cut. So they chose to include the basilisk and the phoenix in the Great Hall, even without a proper Chamber of secrets.

I don't say (and he did not either) that there will never be a dedicated CoS set. But indeed, if the brief from LEGO is to move forward next year, we have more chances to get dragons from the Goblet of Fire than a Chamber of secrets. We'll see!

I really hope they do more sets from 1-3 as well because I really wanted new versions of Fluffy, the troll, and Buckbeak as well as some minifigures like Gilderoy Lockhart and Professor Trelawney. Although I suppose Trelawney could come in an Order Of the Phoenix set later on. But I want a new Lockhart minifig

10 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I really hope they do more sets from 1-3 as well because I really wanted new versions of Fluffy, the troll, and Buckbeak as well as some minifigures like Gilderoy Lockhart and Professor Trelawney. Although I suppose Trelawney could come in an Order Of the Phoenix set later on. But I want a new Lockhart minifig

Well, Trelawney and Lockhart could be featured on the CMF line.

But yeah, I hope that they still make more 1-3 sets on the future.

Edited by HarryPotter

35 minutes ago, GriffindorForLife said:

Highly unlikely if it is HP branded.

21 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's weird we haven't got ANY info (set number doesn't count) about CMF. There is one month til August.

Agreed. It vexes me. I’m terribly vexed.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's weird we haven't got ANY info (set number doesn't count) about CMF. There is one month til August.

They are being super secretive with this. Like they do with the movies CMFs

2 hours ago, the Brickman said:

So if you had to guess based on what Mark said, would it be realistic to expect HP to run another year or two with sets from films 4-7 and then be discontinued?

To everyone worried about the CMF line, people were the same way with the Ninjago CMFs. Trust me they will be revealed within the next few days. I have a feeling Lego is just confused on how to reveal them cuz normally they have 16-20 figures and they can reveale them in 2 days. But it’s harder when you have 2 leftover. Just know they’re coming soon.

I get the confusion for the fact that we haven’t heard anything really about the cmf series other then 22 figures but it actually excites me as we probably won’t know about the complete series until they are officially revealed. Also I don’t think there is any reason to panic or worry about Harry Potter ending soon. Lego is releasing 7 system sets, a d2c, and a minifigure series for the first wave of this new Harry Potter theme. That screams confidence to me. There are also rumors of the theme becoming evergreen. My point is I don’t think Harry Potter will go away any time soon

On 6/25/2018 at 10:49 PM, ETELENZOS92 said:

Interview with Mark Stafford that says that there will be more waves :classic:

https://www.hellobricks.com/2018/06/interview-mark-stafford-senior-designer-lego-harry-potter/

Thanks for the tip :classic:

9 hours ago, the Brickman said:

Thanks for the interview :sweet: So far I have only seen two interviews on your page and maybe 3 beside that on other sites, it makes me wonder *huh* One month ago a majority of the most popular Lego fan sites in the world where several days in Billund, one of those days they only did interviews with Lego employees. In total that should be quite a few interviews and something I believe they would be eager to publish as soon as possible, but no :wacko: So the question is are you not allowed to purplish different interviews until specific dates to avoid spoilers?

6 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

So if you had to guess based on what Mark said, would it be realistic to expect HP to run another year or two with sets from films 4-7 and then be discontinued?

Why should it be discontinued :hmpf: This is not LOTR or nexoknights this is HP the most asked for theme in toy shops that they did not have for sale (until now). With the quality of the sets they are making there is no reason this theme can not go on for a very long time.. Look at SW they have made it for 20 years basically just making the same ships over and over with I would guess fewer Lego buying fans than HP could potentially get now! I think the timing for HP is perfect this time with the "original" fans now old enough to have kids who also are fans, in addition all the kids, teens and adult who are fans and the number is growing every day :grin:
They will probably make the 20 sets over the next few years, then start making the 20 that did not make the first cut mixed with some rehash sets, so a basilisk mould is probably a few years into the future at best (Fawkes could come sooner in the a CMF or Dumbledore's office set).. FB will probably get more than 2 sets in future waves if they sell well also :sweet:

6 hours ago, LDDproductions said:

I have a feeling Lego is just confused on how to reveal them cuz normally they have 16-20 figures and they can reveale them in 2 days. But it’s harder when you have 2 leftover.

I think Lego is more than capable of dividing 22 by 2 :head_back: They just want to keep it under wraps until they are ready to reveal it.. Sometimes they manage to do that and sometimes not, so far they are doing a good job with this CMF :shrug_oh_well: The chance increase everyday that balloon of information will burst :excited:

7 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Everything is possible. We can definitely expect HP to run another year or two. It would for example be realistic from a business perspective to have a 3-years theme, with for example sets from year 1-3, then 4-5, then 6-7. And then discontinued. Or not.

It also really depends on the success of FB. They are planning five movies (2016-2018-2020 and obviously 2022-2024) so there will be Magic in the air for many years. So the theme could totally become permanent, same as Star Wars. We have absolutely no clues, one way or the other.

Just now, Roebuck said:

Thanks for the interview :sweet: So far I have only seen two interviews on your page and maybe 3 beside that on other sites, it makes me wonder *huh* One month ago a majority of the most popular Lego fan sites in the world where several days in Billund, one of those days they only did interviews with Lego employees. In total that should be quite a few interviews and something I believe they would be eager to publish as soon as possible, but no :wacko: So the question is are you not allowed to purplish different interviews until specific dates to avoid spoilers?

Absolutely no embargo date on interviews, but on my side I have a real job (and a baby) and it requires a lot of time to process them, that's why it took a few weeks. A few Fan Medias had cameras and recorded their interviews, and uploaded that directly on Youtube, it's faster :laugh:

I'm surprised too, I thought the bigger Fan Medias would already have published their interviews. But when I checked what happened last year (wasn't there), it seems only a few interviews were really published, and sometimes a long time after the Fan Media Days.

On my side I'll focus on 3 themes. I've also exchanged with a couple more designers, but it was not really worth a dedicated article.

9 hours ago, LDDproductions said:

To everyone worried about the CMF line, people were the same way with the Ninjago CMFs. Trust me they will be revealed within the next few days. I have a feeling Lego is just confused on how to reveal them cuz normally they have 16-20 figures and they can reveale them in 2 days. But it’s harder when you have 2 leftover. Just know they’re coming soon.

Why would they be confused over how to reveal them? They know how to reveal CMFs. They will reveal when they want to reveal.

Hi I don't usually collect CMFs but really interested in the HP one. Maybe this is a dumb question but how can one get all 22 without buying boxes etc.? I only want 1 version of each fig. 

9 minutes ago, shotgunmcos said:

Hi I don't usually collect CMFs but really interested in the HP one. Maybe this is a dumb question but how can one get all 22 without buying boxes etc.? I only want 1 version of each fig. 

Either buy them online sperately from bricklink/eBay etc. Or feel the packets

12 minutes ago, shotgunmcos said:

Yes, you can. Just try feel out the pieces like I do. Say if it was The Simpsons Cmf you would just try and feel out there head (Because the all had moulded heads) or just try feel for a certain accessorie.

Edited by Duffyoran

17 minutes ago, Duffyoran said:

Yes, you can. Just try feel out the pieces like I do. Say if it was The Simpsons Cmf you would just try and feel out there head (Because the all had moulded heads) or just try feel for a certain accessorie.

Thanks for the tip.  I'll try and figure it out so and find a unique shaped piece in each fig.  Bit of fun I suppose if you guess correct and booo if not. 

You'll know more once they are revealed. It will depend on accessories. Especially boys' (short) hair is difficult to differentiate, for example. If they have some boys with short hair and they all come with a wand, for example, they will be hard to feel for. As well as buying on ebay and bricklink, swapping is also an option through sites like swapfig.com.