Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

12 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The dementor nanofigure also leaked. I’m very happy that they’re reusing the Palpatine hologram mold and it looks awesome! Some printing would’ve been nice but it’s not really needed. I also like how the students have different skin colors, since that wasn’t something I was expecting. 

Where did you see these leaks? I can't find them on IG

31 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I found them on @_dimaks_lego_’s Instagram story. 

It looks like he deleted it.

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

28 minutes ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

It looks like he deleted it.

I haven't. It's there, at least for me.

Let’s not share links or directions to leaked images please. 

Thank you! :thumbup:

I saw the pics of the nanofigs well they're pretty good but we can't expect much details on them, they're so little

but if we have as the rumor says, 36 damm that will be goood

9 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Good idea, I too will be house sitting for a week, all I have to do is keep the pool clean, feed the dogs and eat everything in the fridge. Also I get $200 in advance to spend on LEGO, needless to say I am stoked.

Everyone keeps saying there is double VIP points but here it's only on two Creator sets, one of which I already have, Sunshine Surfer Van. Is it different elsewhere?

I am hoping to pick up the same two sets as you anyway, are we sure of the pricing yet? 

Nice, advance pay is always good when new LEGO is incoming. I got an email last week informing me that double points are happening, June 30th till the 7th, in everything.

As for prices, Hall is $99.99 & the Express is $79.99. Prices are all on Brickset. 

Right on, thanks looks like I will have just enough to get both sets. Strange I still haven't got that E-mail, I was just going by the July store calender. 

1 hour ago, Larrycot said:

but if we have as the rumor says, 36 damm that will be good

Even better: The rumor says 36+ :wink:

I´m also really excited for the set. I hope that we´ll also see pictures of the building soon (I think/hope it´ll have a lot of nanoscaled interior :excited:).

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

1 hour ago, ETELENZOS92 said:

Interview with Mark Stafford that says that there will be more waves :classic:

https://www.hellobricks.com/2018/06/interview-mark-stafford-senior-designer-lego-harry-potter/

Thanks for the interview link :) However, I don't think it says for definite that there will be more waves. It simply says that the designers' brief was to make sets based on the first 3 films as this will extend the possible lifespan of the license. It also pours a bit of cold water on the idea of a Chamber of Secrets in the next wave by revealing that the designers had to shoehorn in the Basilisk and Fawkes because the original idea of having the COS underneath the Great Hall was scrapped and yet to fit the brief they needed to include a 'baddy' from the second film and consequently its adversary Fawkes. If they really wanted to extend the license leaving these builds out would have made more sense because a COS could have easily come in the next wave. Not that I'm saying that there won't be more waves, just that this does not promise it. In fact if you scroll down tl the comment section of the interview, the author confirms that the designers did not promise any more sets:

'For the rest, if LEGO has released only sets from years 1 to 3, it is obviously to continue next year with other boxes for sale. But the designers refuse to comment on potential future sets, one way or the other, even if the work is probably already under way.' (Brickman. 2018, https://www.hellobricks.com/2018/06/interview-mark-stafford-senior-designer-lego-harry-potter/#comments)

Edited by BacktoBricks

1 hour ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

Even better: The rumor says 36+ :wink:

I´m also really excited for the set. I hope that we´ll also see pictures of the building soon (I think/hope it´ll have a lot of nanoscaled interior :excited:).

With 36 nanofigures, I’m about 99% sure it’ll at least have a Great Hall interior. 

Thanks for sharing the interview.

So the designers binged watched all the movies and then made a list of forty sets they could make and dwindled it down to twenty. I'm so anxious to know what was written down! LOL.

I'm bummed to hear about the Chamber of Secrets not being under the Great Hall (nor having any chance of being a set at all). But technically the kitchens should be under the Great Hall. As a Hufflepuff this is exciting, and I am crossing my fingers at the unlikely hood they would make a kitchens set!

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Buzzkill mods. Leaked images are what it’s all about. No law against telling someone where to find them. No ones posting links

Well, one--we have rules and regulations that our members must follow, those rules one agreed to when they signed up to join...so yeah...

And two, we are "not about" Lego's legal department knocking on our door because our members are posting links to leaked images. :hmpf_bad:

Lego and their license holders don't care where the leaks actually are, because apparently they don't know about Instagram--they only care that we have links to them. 

One of our members posted links to leaked images of the Bugatti Chiron a few weeks back. That member had just joined Eurobricks and had made a total of two posts. Does that matter? No apparently, because Lego just notices that there's a leak on Eurobricks and then the site as a whole gets bitched out because of it. 

1 hour ago, ETELENZOS92 said:

Interview with Mark Stafford that says that there will be more waves :classic:

https://www.hellobricks.com/2018/06/interview-mark-stafford-senior-designer-lego-harry-potter/

It doesn't specifically say that, but that's definitely reasonable to expect, especially since there are currently only sets for movies 1-3. This license will probably end up being like LOTR, where the original series gets two or three years of sets and then fades out, while the ongoing series (Fantastic Beasts) will get a new wave for each film as it comes out. HP seems to be more popular than LOTR, so I think that it will get a total of three years as opposed to LOTR's two.

58 minutes ago, joeee said:

Thanks for sharing the interview.

So the designers binged watched all the movies and then made a list of forty sets they could make and dwindled it down to twenty. I'm so anxious to know what was written down! LOL.

I'm bummed to hear about the Chamber of Secrets not being under the Great Hall (nor having any chance of being a set at all). But technically the kitchens should be under the Great Hall. As a Hufflepuff this is exciting, and I am crossing my fingers at the unlikely hood they would make a kitchens set!

It doesn’t really say there’s no chance of it being a set, it’s more the interviewer assumes that it would be in this wave.

37 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

Well, one--we have rules and regulations that our members must follow, those rules one agreed to when they signed up to join...so yeah...

And two, we are "not about" Lego's legal department knocking on our door because our members are posting links to leaked images. :hmpf_bad:

Lego and their license holders don't care where the leaks actually are, because apparently they don't know about Instagram--they only care that we have links to them. 

One of our members posted links to leaked images of the Bugatti Chiron a few weeks back. That member had just joined Eurobricks and had made a total of two posts. Does that matter? No apparently, because Lego just notices that there's a leak on Eurobricks and then the site as a whole gets bitched out because of it. 

What I’m saying is no one is posting links to leaked images in this thread. Lego can’t regulate people simply stating that an image exists.

27 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

It doesn't specifically say that, but that's definitely reasonable to expect, especially since there are currently only sets for movies 1-3. This license will probably end up being like LOTR, where the original series gets two or three years of sets and then fades out, while the ongoing series (Fantastic Beasts) will get a new wave for each film as it comes out. HP seems to be more popular than LOTR, so I think that it will get a total of three years as opposed to LOTR's two.

The LOTR effect is what I’m most scared about for this theme. That’s why I’m so bummed about the D2C being microscale and not an addition to the other two system scale sets. If they end up cancelling the theme early then we’re left yet again with a very unfinished system scale Hogwarts. 

2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

It also pours a bit of cold water on the idea of a Chamber of Secrets in the next wave by revealing that the designers had to shoehorn in the Basilisk and Fawkes because the original idea of having the COS underneath the Great Hall was scrapped and yet to fit the brief they needed to include a 'baddy' from the second film and consequently its adversary Fawkes. If they really wanted to extend the license leaving these builds out would have made more sense because a COS could have easily come in the next wave. Not that I'm saying that there won't be more waves, just that this does not promise it.

I think that if this wave was just focusing on movies 1-3 and the waves after focus on 4-7.2 it still doesn't necessarily mean no COS at all since it also appeared in Deathly Hallows Part 2, ofcourse the characters will be different and the scene wasn't as memorable as the one in COS, but it could happen. At least we now know that a Chamber of Secrets is at least on their mind.

Should the line continue long enough, we could see a proper Chamber of Secrets. It's just not a top priority at this point in time

45 minutes ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

I have heard that some uk locations have some harry potter sets but where have they got them ?

I think it was a branch of WHSmiths that put them out early.

2 hours ago, MAB said:

I think it was a branch of WHSmiths that put them out early.

Also a Smyths toystores 

The idea of Hogwarts having interiors is a game changer for me, considering the price and the rumoured 36+ minifigs it's possible. That would vanish any disappointment for me hah.